Best Outfits of the Decade

I should stress I'm not posting this because of Naomi Watts, I just always loved this gown on her, this look was way underrated IMO.

article-1041345-021B93C400000578-105_306x699_popup.jpg

That's why I made a seperate thread for the Best Celeb Style of 09. I think there are a few celebs who are trendsetters and risk takers and truely deserve multiple mentions. But I think there are a few that look good in a few outfit and the are posted by their fans for that reason. Maybe I should have a thread for Best Celeb Style of the Decade too?
I don't think we need that many threads, just as long as people respect this one, which given the section and title, is about celebrities and their highlights during this decade, keep in mind that it's about generating discussion on what was great about these past years or at least what you think caused an impact or was relevant.. a lot of recent model streetstyle unfortunately doesn't invite for much discussion. -_-

I don't think we need that many threads, just as long as people respect this one, which given the section and title, is about celebrities and their highlights during this decade, keep in mind that it's about generating discussion on what was great about these past years or at least what you think caused an impact or was relevant.. a lot of recent model streetstyle unfortunately doesn't invite for much discussion. -_-

um is that last comment directed at me-_-

this thread is amazing! for me the most amazing dresser of the noughties has to be miss Kate Moss. Especially when she was with Pete Doherty-everyone was trying to recreate her effortlessly chic style-but no one comes close. Here are some of my favourites:

katemoss2_1.jpg

teamsugar

256wyg4.jpg

2igng3c.jpg

knightkatt

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Alba in Chanel
79036_the20078ChanelCruiseShow_hq00.jpg

Thandie Newton in Chanel
fgdsw.jpg

Drew Barrymore in Lanvin
38275_Drew_Barrymore_-_Premiere_of_.jpg

celebcity

Nicole Richie--before she became a mom- had a lot of influence during the decade. This was one of her best looks.

factpj.jpg

people.com

The Olsen twins obviously had a big influence and of the two I think Ashley is the best-dressed. I think they have fallen off towards the end of the decade though.

2uzufx3.jpg

thefashionrising

Long before the current fascination with blazers Jennifer Aniston wore this outfit. I don't think anyone has worn a blazer better.

hsry1e.jpg

myblushboutique

I think this outfit by Kate Moss started the resurgence of high-waisted flared jeans. She looked so fresh here.

1el2lg.jpg

coquetteblogs

i really love the Kates look with the fox fur coat/poncho/cape thing... and ashley olsens mix of masculine/feminine.

Some great Nicole Kidman looks:

In YSL:
NicoleGlobe.jpg

about

In Balenciaga:
nicole-022607-a.jpg

celebrity-moms

fwprx0.jpg

getty

In Dior:
nicole-kidman8.jpg

style

And some of my favourite candid outfits (ones that are inspirational to me:(

The Olsens are pretty revolutionary and more inspirational than people think.

mary-kateandashleyimages.com

mk_olsen_0061.jpg

fashiongrunge

10nepuq.jpg

olsensanonymous

5o9rno.jpg

olsensanonymous

21o0i1t.jpg

olsensanonymous

And then there's Kate Moss and her trusty moccasins, which she has worn consistently throughout this decade:
kate_moss400.jpg

manilafashion

8a794287fa1c29b7_katemossmoccasinboots.jpg

fabsugar

bjork wearing a custom-designed gown by sophia kokosalaki at the athens olympics

olympics1.jpg
olympics2.jpg

olympics3.jpg
olympics5.jpg

*specials.bjorkish.net

^I think I just dropped my jaw - Amazing. I can't believe I've never seen that before.. :woot: :wub:

to add a few that hasn't been mentioned:
Björk, I thought the swan dress was brilliant, and a good laugh.
bjork.bmp

Cate Blanchett in balenciaga one of my all time favorite looks of hers. I've always had a soft spot for that dress.
cateblanchett_in_balenciaga.jpg

And Felicity Huffman in Zac Posen. Did not expect her to wear something like that... I've never been wild about Zac Posen, but this is great. !
22m.jpg

[trojanwire.com, teenvogue.com, style.com]

ooh I love how Bjork has been added to the mix-she is so cool.

looking through this thread, Thandi Newton really stands out to me though. She always looks so perfect and polished, makes me hate her! haha

when it comes to most influencial to the masses this decade-it just has to be Kate Moss though. Remember this belt that EVERYONE was wearing?! They sold them in every clothes shop, from topshop to stalls on the side of the street!

331itfa.jpg

knighttkatt

(no more kate pics from me sorry for bombarding, I'm a lil obsessed with her!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread. :woot: And since the topic is "Best Outfit of the Decade", I've tried to be thorough, keep this as unbiased :smile:innocent:smile: as possible, and the number of outfits to a minimum. So here goes nothin'.

--

I don't particularly like Anne Hathaway on any level, but this look -- this single dress -- blew me away like nothing has before. She and Natalie Portman wiped the floor with everyone else at the event.

Anne Hathaway
- in Armani Privé
- at the 2009 Annual Academy Awards in Mar 2009

BestDressedTFS_AnneHathaway_OscarsM.jpg

--

Cate Blanchett has worn, and continues to wear, some of the most amazing statement pieces, and bringing her up (and this outfit in particular) here isn't therefore particularly original. But I guess that only goes to show how fantastic her style is. And this will to me always stand out as one of the best, if not the best, ever dresses to have been worn by anyone to the Academy Awards:

Cate Blanchett
- in Armani Privé
- at the 79th Annual Academy Awards in Feb 2007

BestDressedTFS_CateBlanchett_Oscars.jpg

--

When I first saw January Jones on the Golden Globes red carpet, I hadn't a clue who she was. I still only barely do. But this is amazing:

January Jones
- in Versace
- at the 66th Annual Golden Globes in Jan 2009

BestDressedTFS_JanuaryJones_66thGol.jpg

--

I worship Liv Tyler. Her style is nigh impeccable. She wears Marchesa like nobody's business, and the Stella McCartney aesthetic suits her perfectly. There are so many looks I'd like to add here, but if I must choose one above the rest, let it be this:

Liv Tyler
- in Luisa Beccaria
- at the 6th Annual Free Arts NYC Benefit in Apr 2007

BestDressedTFS_LivTyler_FreeArtsNYC.jpg

--

I also worship Milla Jovovich. She has worn such amazing looks over the years I can't not worship her. Again, there are a lot of outfits she has worn that rank among my favorites, but bearing in mind the topic at hand, it was these three :smile:innocent:smile: looks that dropped my jaw.

Milla Jovovich
- in Elie Saab
- at the Annual Sidaction AIDS Fashion Dinner in Jan 2009

BestDressedTFS_MillaJovovich_Sidact.jpg

Milla Jovovich
- in Versace
- at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony in May 2008

BestDressedTFS_MillaJovovich_Cannes.jpg

Milla Jovovich
- in Jovovich-Hawk
- at the Jovovich-Hawk VIP Fashion Launch Party in Apr 2006

BestDressedTFS_MillaJovovich_Jovovi.jpg

--

Natalie Portman's also someone who's worn a good many of my all-time favorite red carpet looks, and I almost wanted to include her purple Rodarte dress from the 2009 Oscars to these, but in the end I think these two looks outdo all of her rest.

Natalie Portman
- in vintage Chanel Haute Couture
- at the 63rd Annual Golden Globes in Jan 2006

BestDressedTFS_NataliePortman_63rdG.jpg

Natalie Portman
- in Stella McCartney
- at the Costume Institute Gala in Apr 2004

BestDressedTFS_NataliePortman_Costu.jpg

--

I was so bored to death with the red carpet of the 60th Primetime Emmys, until Tricia Helfer made an entrance in this red gorgeousness, and melted my heart:

Tricia Helfer
- in Tadashi Shoji
- at the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Sep 2008

BestDressedTFS_TriciaHelfer_60thPri.jpg

--

All images from wireimage.com.

I might want to return to this thread later with some additions, as there are a few more looks from various people I'd like to bring up, but compiling this has seriously taken me a good three hours, so this'll have to do for now. :lol:

Never seen Milla in that blue Versace. Great pick, she's a vision in it.

the entire book of the satorialist is the best collection of the best outfits of the decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->