BoBo Chic

I love this style, but in the right amount. I love how the Olsen twin put everything together so effortlessly. I must admit they look good in it. But, not everybody can pull it off. some stars ended up looking weird.

nicolr02 said:
I absolutely love this style and I think that it's a very interesting concept..

The Casiraghis
andreamonaco2004-607.jpg

I honestly like the Casiraghis take on this whole bobo chic movement. They have a few key elements of the style, large scarves, the not dead on matching jackets, slightly messy hair. Yet they still look clean and put together. {I mean COME ON they ARE the Casiraghis! That family has impeccable style to say the least!} MK in my opinion sometimes goes overboard and looks more hobo than chic. Its one thing to look effortless and quite another to look homeless!:lol:

This is one of those looks i think ill admire from afar. I think it looks great but i cant see me wearing it.

I like it, it reminds me of the whole Jay Alexander, project runway thing.

i like it on mary kate. she somehow pulls it off...other people try to pull it off, and it just looks kinda whack.

The website that has it all

The Mark and Estel website has so many of Mary Kate's clothes. Check out www.markandestel.com It has all of her recent shirts, pants and eternity shawls. Check out The Loose Tank, Eternity Shawl, Rounded V-Neck, The Ripped Pants, and The Fitted Sweatshirt.

Attachments

• Mary Kate 1.jpg
    Mary Kate 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Mary Kate 2.jpg
    Mary Kate 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Mary Kate 3.jpg
    Mary Kate 3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 50
evalandria said:
The Mark and Estel website has so many of Mary Kate's clothes. Check out www.markandestel.com It has all of her recent shirts, pants and eternity shawls. Check out The Loose Tank, Eternity Shawl, Rounded V-Neck, The Ripped Pants, and The Fitted Sweatshirt.

Hey there's some kinda cool clothes on that site but geez does that hairy guy (one of the designers obviously) have to be in EVERY photo. :shock: It's truly bizarre and he's putting me off looking at the clothes. :(

Rounded_Far-153x375.jpg

Loose_Tank_Pink-227x345.jpg

OK....obviously they aren't taking themselves so seriously....the dude has a stuffed animal sitting on his shoulder....I think he's in the photos to be funny.
I think the stuffed animal on the shoulder is hilarious!!

Attachments

• Green_Close-170x345.jpg
    Green_Close-170x345.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 21
98$ for that Holey Loose Tank ..how bobo :rofl: and that eternity shawl..I could get something similar for a fraction..

Here we go again...People paying thousands of dollars to look like they paid $10

^^the pics above are horrible! How is it possible to do somethings like that? The clothes a r OK though..

I think the pictures go very well with the clothes.....RAW, DIRTY, HOMELESS PERSON. I wonder if these two came out of the gutter? However, I have to admit...I think the clothes are pretty cool and these people are pretty gutsy to do something of this sort AND get away with it.

This is the best picture on their site.

Attachments

• Loose_Tank_Dress-428x540.jpg
    Loose_Tank_Dress-428x540.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22
Bobo chic turns Flamenco Dancer....who are these people? Let's see Mary Kate Fashion Star rock this look...These two came out of the forrest. Who are these people? They intrigue me only because I can't believe they are getting away with this!

[font=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][size=-1]Posted on: Wednesday, April 20, 2005[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=+2]Hip with a hippie update — so boho[/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][size=-2]By Lisa Townsel
Knight Ridder News Service
[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=-1]Many styles will make their rounds this spring and summer, but few with as much drama as the vibrantly and almost dizzyingly mixed boho (bohemian) chic.

Among its stars are waiflike supermodel Kate Moss, identified with floppy hats and peasant blouses, and "Alfie" actress Sienna Miller, who pairs one-shouldered blouses and beaded tunics with faded jeans and stylish bags. Of course, boho's roots lie with the bandanna-wearing, macrame- bag-toting era of the hippie '60s.

(Oh, and don't go confusing boho chic with its style sister, bobo chic, bohemian bourgeois. That trend, written up in the New York Times, pairs the boho look with luxe accessories such as designer bags and sunglasses, and even moth-eaten cashmere scarves.)

Brandyce Pinol, owner of Testimo Boutique in Ladue, Mo., says there are varying degrees of today's trend.

True boho, such as that sported by Miller and Moss, is a purer version of the look. "Whatever they wear is boho chic," explains Pinol, whose shop stocks brightly colored tunics with beaded necklines. "Then we have the new boho, where you have to be careful not to become a fashion victim and become a head-to-toe boho."

Instead, Pinol says, figure out how to work it in:

"You need to take a little piece here and there and add it to your lifestyle, otherwise it looks forced."

Not quite ready to trade in your pumps for leather-braided flip-flops? You don't have to. Boho is a look that is part vintage, part exotic but mostly individualistic.

Expect to see paisleys, tiny and over-the-top florals, crocheted knits, scarves, hats, sashes, lots of beading and sequins and even more bright colors.

The look includes pieces that move from casual day to glam nights.

Perhaps pair a sheer silk tunic that's beaded at the neckline with a vintage-inspired hoodie and jeans. "It's a natural look," says Pinol, who started her business four years ago as a Web site, www.testimoboutique.com. "It allows you to be comfortable in your own skin. "It's about interpreting who you really are and not about one set body type or style."
[/size][/font]

well, while looking through this thread, im not sure exactly what bobo chic is...anyone want to help me out?

yourbestfriend- pretty much hippie inspired clothing, clothing that looks deconstructed (holes,rips, frays), and then paired with a Chloe Paddington or Dior sunglasses, you know what I mean? Dressing like a tree hugging hippie even though you are some capitalistic upper class elitist. And spending alot of money to look like you rummaged through a thrift store.

As You Like It said:
Quite frankly, I find this approach and the general attitude behind it offensive. It pisses me right off when multimillionaires like Ashley Olson dress like bag ladies. It's almost like they're making a mockery of poor people. Very like Marie Antoinette pretending to be a milkmaid. Not cute if you've never had to decide between your electric bill or getting some groceries.

But I don't think that's their intention at all - especially in the case of Mary Kate, I think it's an expression of her being uncomfortable with all the money she has. I think you'll find that some of the rich are getting more of a conscience about the amount of wealth they have to dispose of, and this is a form of expressing that. Now that it has caught on as a trend it may not come across that way anymore, but in some ways it's a form of empathy, although I can see why some people may find that extremely condescending.

Well put, impossibleprincess. :smile: I'm not a fan of the style, but I agree with you completely abouts its origins -- misplaced or otherwise -- as an expression of discomfort with wealth. Of course, their consciousness of their wealth would be more palatable were it funneled into charity instead of $99 leggings.... but it's interesting to see fashion so directly representative of a state of mind. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->