• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Brad Pitt is Chanel No. 5's new face

my heart is utterly broken by this awful AD....i mean this is No.5! the world most successful and influential perfum, and this is what they came up with????? after the masterpieces of nicole kidman and Audrey Tautou, how they have guts to present such a boring and horrible AD:yuk::ninja: i think it's the first time i am totally disappointed by chanel:cry::cry:

:blink: Cheesy and awkward. Brad was a good choice but I think they spent all of their budget on his salary and had no money left to do anything else...

Half of the line's that Brad speaks in the advert are so incredibly cheesy and cliche. I'm not a fan of this new campaign. This is a perfume brand that's synonymous with women, and typically strong, dynamic, beautiful women at that. So it does irritate me that they decided to have a man helm the campaign (no offense to Brad because I do like him otherwise) because it feels like they are having a man taking control of telling women what to want. Rather then having a women take control of what she wants and having her want to wear Chanel.

This advertising is complete b u l l s h i t. Nothing desiring.
When will Chanel bring something great like her EGOISTE tv commercial?

Is this the most pretentious perfume commercial anyone has ever seen?! The lines he is saying, oh lord, honey this aint Interview With the Vampire! I loved that they chosen a man for the first time, but this is not well done (they did a variation on the famous ad with Deneuve where she talks directly to the camera, but hers worked because it was to the point, and not trying soo hard)! He looks good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cringe. This is just embarrassing to watch. They can't dump this ad soon enough for me.

He got paid $4million FOR THAT? I would have done it for half the price and far better than he did... :rofl:

This is so lackluster, he looks a mess, he's the total opposite to Chanel, that Hair bugs me and so does the facial hair, had he done this back when he did the Oceans trilogy I would have welcome it, but now? no.

I do usually like Sam Taylor Wood but this is just lazy... I think they overlooked how amazing previous campaigns for this have been *cough* Nicole Kidman *cough*... sorry but it's true.

Seeing as his latest cover/editorial in Interview Magazine seems to be his greatest acting to date, doing a full on monologue piece like this was a bad move

I rather they choose Justin Bieber or anyone in One Direction. This is so wrong.

Of course, they're paraphrasing one of the best commercials ever made:

Catherine Deneuve (I think David Bailey was the photographer).

This is a terrible error.

And as wonderful as Deneuve undeniably is, after seeing Brad's efforts, I feel they should ban anyone from talking in perfume ads.

I just really don't see why Brad was chosen. I didn't see it when it was first announced and I don't see it now.

This ad gives takes vacuous to a whole new level. And i thought the one for Coco was vapid enough, clearly I was wrong.
And the amount of money he got paid for this is simply obscene, he should be ashamed.

And the sad thing was that he was paid a ridiculous amount of money to do this.

^Oh god...that would be absolutely fantastic! It would make this whole debacle worth it. I mean, imagine Taran Killam parodying this ad, it could be really great. :lol:

is anyone else bothered by the way he pronounces 'with it'? i feel like he's spitting right into my face when listening to it.

other than that, i like the idea of using a man for the ad, but this is just so wrong. i don't know if the text is so cheesy that not even the greatest actor in the world could have made it work or if brad is just one of the worst actors in the world.
i never followed his career closely, but i'm shocked about how poorly executed this ad is acting wise.
second hand embarrassment. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->