Brad Pitt is Chanel No. 5's new face

LOL did they make the Chanel commerical on PowerPoint or something? It looks cheap, like they didn't have any money to make a decent ad :blink:

Apparently this was just a tease...there is a new video out today and it's worlds better. If I knew how to most videos I would, it is on their FB page however...

yes the second is definitely much better! i don't understand why the need the firt boring one... the second is much more interesting and has truely beautiful scenes

Rare are campaigns with the timeline that Chanel Nº5 has, so they need to do always something different each time, and become different instead of the usual line of concept that a perfume has, I think that this ad with Brad is a good way to shift things up and a very original & rare one! It could be better executed but it still reads a fresh approach to the brand DNA maintaining the class and the values behind this fragrance. :smile:

Not much of an improvement to me, the editing looks terrible. Why not make use of the millions they paid him and create a new ad instead of the same with sloppy editing. Or just skip Brad Pitt and his journey :rolleyes: and just use the model film.:lol:

Ugh I saw the commercial on TV today...I'm not sure about the ad.

I mean, okay the lines said by Brad are very philosophical and beautifully-written...but I don't quite get the idea of it. And I don't know, Brad looks so awkward standing there with his hands in the pockets and looking very "wistful"... Even I feel so awkward when watching the commercial.

No doubt Brad is an attractive male, but the commercial itself doesn't provoke my desire to buy the perfume. :ninja: I wish they used female to be the spokeperson instead. It's just a bit weird for me to see a man selling ladies perfume, sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brad stands about like the world's best-paid hobo and now there's some CGI women to accompany the sound of his ramblings. Maybe they were real people at some point, but I feel like I'm entering into the world of computer animation, rather than the realm of sophisticated perfume.

tumblr_mc85hvJemd1qz82gvo1_500.jpg

inothernews.tumblr.com

I'd like to say that NPJ totally called this sketch! :flower: Taran as Brad on SNL tonight.

WHYYYYY!! first was that movie fore the cruise collection that was (in my opinion) a disaster.. and now this.. Poor Coco I am convinced that Coco Chanel is tossing and turning in her grave in anger and protest to this non-sense of a commercial.. and I truly believe Coco would abhor most of the creative decisions that take place at her company today

:clap: and :lol: Thanks YoninahAliza; I must say, I did see that SNL sketch coming a mile away! Ha! Maybe I missed my calling as a sketch writer??? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
THE best fashion JOKE of 2012 winner is:

everytime it comes on tv, me and my boyfriend can't help but laugh at the stupid irrelevant pretentious attempt at poetry. Keep the day job honey Brad, and leave it to gorgeous supermodels. Chanel, take note cos you are the laughing stock with that ad.
My boyfriend was also in Ny last week and apparently there are loads of jokes about the ad around bank offices.
So Chanel, whatever you tried and achieved certainly backfired. I certainly for one don't want to smell like a bad joke.
:P

I don't think it backfired at all. The ad was cheesy and ridiculous but I actually think it will draw more people to the perfume. It's gotten an insane amount of publicity all because of Brad. If it had been a supermodel doing the same exact ad, it wouldn't have gotten any attention.

I don't think it backfired at all. The ad was cheesy and ridiculous but I actually think it will draw more people to the perfume. It's gotten an insane amount of publicity all because of Brad. If it had been a supermodel doing the same exact ad, it wouldn't have gotten any attention.

I agree with you that it got tons of publicity and people say all publicity is good publicity (?), but remember the publicity that Dior got 2 (?) years back for all the wrong reasons... I cannot think that anyone who want their image tarnished whether it is by being the joke of the year ad or by having innappriate designer comments leaked in the news. Although obviously the former is a lot worse than the latter:blush: but I am trying to use a comparison:P
I'd much rather CHANEL stuck to classy acts and iconic ads than go down the route they are currently taking. A "Classic" can easily change into a "chav" item. Burberry's checkered caps/clothing is a good example. I wouldn't want to be seen in it. But that is me and that was my point. But I do get yours too:smile:

^Well I personally found the ad classy! It was pretentious but maybe that was the point of the advertisement? A satire on people who are pseudo deep. They try to come off as intellectual but in the end , their sophisticated wordings are just meaningless and empty ..

I still stick by my guns that this commercial was well done in a witty way. Plus Brad Pitt is an icon and the point of this campaign was to give Chanel no.5 a new twist and a publicity overhaul ..

Before I saw the ad I thought people were just overreacting over how bad it was, but the honest truth is that I couldn't even sit through one commercial without changing the channel. I feel embarrassed for him. He's just not the intellectual type and having him be this serious in a damn commercial is so awkward. Who the hell came up with this concept and thought it'd be a good idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->