Casting Directors : Who Are They? What Do They Do? Etc...

Is Ashley Brokaw now casting Stella McCartney? That would be intresting to see. She has the power to elevate eveything she touches. It would make the brand 10x more instresting and relevant.

does anyone know who used to do the styling for givenchy under riccardo tisci before katy england? was it riccardo/in-house or…?

I'll never forgive PG for what he's done to Versace. In fact the entire profession of casting director needs to be done with. Bring it back in house!

anna sui: i think bill mullen does the styling, while thomas miller used to do the casting before he passed away

Last edited:
PGDM just casts so many of the shows that girls who he doesn’t like/aren’t on his radar don’t get a chance to shine :unsure:
Lineisy Montero just throwing shade at PG on her IG stories today lol
(She posted in Spanish. I can translate if anyone interested)

Context: Video of a cockroach walking and leaving, saying "I live over there".
And she wrote: "When you have the option of a show but it's with the casting director whose balls you have to lick and has his group of favorites that clearly doesn't include you."
I'm trying to avoid posting on this topic because it's felt like some of the recent comments are starting to feel borderline vitriolic but just my 2 cents on the above...

It is wrong that models have to experience this bias, and even as one of the few who has enjoyed DM's casting (only really in recent years) I have to concede that their limited stable of main girls is quite lame.

However in Lineisy's case I'm not entirely surprised or even sympathetic as she's been working for nearly 10 years and got a big initial push from Ashley, who still is really the only one to break (interesting) new girls who often become the more important models longer term. She's had her Meisel moment and appeared in numerous editorials on top of her runway bookings. She's a gorgeous girl but she's never really stepped up to the plate and delivered anything beyond "I'm here and I'm pretty" and so I don't really see how she can be mad about not booking all the top tier shows all these years later. Even the more limited models who have had success longer term clearly offer something in terms of professionalism or likeability (Nobis) or have a distinct aura/coolness around them (Binx).

I'm just grateful that we're not living in the Russell Marsh era anymore. The whole racist and agist narrative that he pushed in the 2000s is part of the reason this industry was so wretched for so long; people were just willing to overlook it because the quality of fashion was superior to today.

However all in all I would like to see more variety in CDs. I suppose there will always be a top dog who takes the most or more important shows though :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->