Angela L.
Gisèle B.
Carmen K.
Daria W.
Carolyn M.
Amber V.
Karen E.
(unfortunately) Natalia V.

have still a lot of visibilty in ads, eds. Except for Angela, Carmen & Daria who are still doing Fashion Shows!

BUT, they are not the Legendary Supermodels status (except for Gisele & Amber Valleta)

Joseph26 Im sorry she was a top model.. thigns i like in her is that she is herself not like most current asian models now.. some luk too plastic!!!

btw i vote matthias lauridsen and freja erichsen

I think Gisele is one of the few true supermodels - even someone who knows nothing about fashion can read the word 'Gisele', even without her second name ,and instantly know who she is.

i highly doubt there will ever been a supermodel anymore but im kinda glad that there wont be! im tired of seeing and hearing about the supermodels(kate, naomi etc)! modeling and fashion is about new & fresh faces! plus its so much more competitive these days and prefered looks seem to change by the season.

also, the only new girl i thought was supermodel is Gisele..and even to me i think her star is fading fast.. so i would not catergorize her as a super.

for some reason i dont think these newer girls even WANT to be supermodels. they want to do well and make a good living (money wise). for example, Caroline Trentini has been going strong for a long time but she doesnt seem to want anything to do with the spotlight outside of the modeling and fashion world. she does not seem anxious to be a celebrity and doesnt even like partying (a way to put yourself out there and get famous).

when Snejana Onopka first started out, i thought she has a supermodel quality about her. Classically beautiful face, an attitude and air about her that makes her seem untouchable. she is also very thin which got her a lot of attention but since the who weight ban seems to have worked against her i no long think its gonna happen for her(to be a super). but i have seem videos of her talking about modeling how its not her dream and rumors that she is choosing to work less.

soo what im trying to say is that these girls cannot be supermodels unless they really want it. and if they really want it..they would be out partying or some other way of making their NAMES known/trying to get in gossip columns so that people who dont pay attention to fashion at all will know who they are.

^I agree with you about the fact that some models doesn't want to be as huge as Supermodels. I think any supermodels (Trinity's, Kate, Cindy, Claudia etc.) wanted to become a star. I think George Micheal's Freedom video was one of the think that put those girls as Celebraties' statut.

BUT, all business (art especially) have those Icons.
Music = Elvis, Beatles, Madonna, Bob Marley, Mozart, Shubert etc.
Cinema = Brando, Hepburn, Monroe etc.
Art = Piccasso, Munch etc.

PS. I'm happy when models that I like have long carreer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next generation of super models?

Hello!

I have been assigned to write about the next generation of super models after Naomi, etc.

Any help on the topic? I know that today's girls like Daria don't have the same huge appeal, but who would you place on the top 5?

:smile:

id say daria and stam are on top right now

hanging with celebrities

get any campaign

Daria Werbowy
Hana Soukupova
Julia Stegner
Doutzen Kroes
Caroline Trentini
Sasha Pivovarova
Natasha Poly
Lily Donaldson
Gemma Ward
Lily Cole
Coco Rocha
Jessica Stam
Raquel Zimmermann
Caroline Winberg

I think Daria is already a supermodel, FTV said that Isabeli is already a supermodel too, and I bet that soon models like Lily, Gemma, Agyness, Anja, Raquel, Trentini will be called icons or supermodels, whatever you prefer ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->