Who Are The New Supermodels?

They would count as the new wave since they are after the Naomi, Cindy, Linda era.

:heart: Catherine McNeil:heart:

I think she is a new face and force to be reckoned with. I can't wait till she gets some serious eds and campaigns!

sources: chicmanagement.com.au, style.com

Attachments

• 67_med.jpg
    67_med.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 131_med.jpg
    131_med.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 00540m.jpg
    00540m.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
  • hp_main_img.jpg
    hp_main_img.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
MicheleIman said:
:heart: Catherine McNeil:heart:

I think she is a new face and force to be reckoned with. I can't wait till she gets some serious eds and campaigns!

sources: chicmanagement.com.au, style.com
In your original post you write about models who have "staying power despite the trends" .. Has she been around long enough to fit into that category?

I totally understand what you are saying, I jumped the gun. :wink: I think she has potential and is a classic beauty like Daria, Linda and others. But she could be a buzz today and gone tomorrow.

That being said I would like to say my favorite model in the world......LIYA!:flower:
If she isn't part of the new wave of supermodels, I don't know who is.:blush:

^^Don't think so. She has to proof herself first.

Me? I know who Liya Kebede is. The most gorgous black model nowadays.

why people don't understand that the Supermodels only existed in the late 80's and 90's? it was an era and doesn't exist anymore. :huh:

There aren't NEW SUPERMODELS, why Super? why should they be considered "Supers"? they're not famous, they have 0 mainstream power, they have nothing. an appropiate term for them would be "Top Models", that's it.

MicheleIman said:
^Who Liya?

The two ^^ meant 2 posts up, the one above yours :wink:

Catherine Macneill has alot to prove, and no way could we predict her career from now. She could be gone in 2 seasons.

But with that being said, the only ones I think right now are Daria Werbowy, Gemma Ward, Caroline Trentini (unsure, I feel she can still reach another level) and the usuals Gisele, Karolina, and Angela Lindvall.

What about Doutzen? The real supers are indeed from the 80's -90's. I don't even think Gisele is a real supermodel. But there are "ramours" that the supermodel-era will come back. I really hope so, that would be great.

Dadum said:
What about Doutzen? The real supers are indeed from the 80's -90's. I don't even think Gisele is a real supermodel..

Doutzen is not supermodel material, even if Gisele belongs to other generation she's the latest of the Supemodels.

Dadum said:
But there are "ramours" that the supermodel-era will come back. I really hope so, that would be great.

:innocent: na, for a new supermodel era the fashion world needs a gang of really beautiful and healthy models but where are they?

Like MicheleIman said, these supermodels are not the same as Cindy and Linda, these are the new-wave. Just like the new-rave scene, it's reminiscent of the rave period of the 90's, but it isnt the same, its just adjusted and changed over time to what makes it what it is now. This goes for the same as models. We won't see SUPERMODELS, but we will still see what is considered a supermodel for these days......

^ Thank you. I know that the new Supermodels will never be like the originals. I think that the Supermodel is still around, but because US magazines don't use them like they should they aren't as popular as the originals. Imagine if Vogue, Elle, W, etc. used fashion models on their fashion magazine covers like they are supposed to. I also think that the Supermodel of today is more aware, and humble compared to the ones before them. Supermodels still exist.
As for Catherine, I was just stating I see potential, and I also stated that I understand dhe could be gone tomorrow and that I was jumping the gun. I think that we need to go back to when models were ab stunning and looked like they should be models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joseph26 said:
Doutzen is not supermodel material, even if Gisele belongs to other generation she's the latest of the Supemodels. :innocent: na, for a new supermodel era the fashion world needs a gang of really beautiful and healthy models but where are they?

UUuuh... Doutzen?!?! Beauty is a personal taste, but you can't deny Doutzen will be liked mainstream. So I don't know why she couldn't be "supermodel" material.

Yup, it's something historical...look at art: neo-classicism, neo-realism, neo-expressionism...neo-supermodels!

I have to say though, that I give Catherine McNeil a really big shot of actually reaching that status. Same with Tanya Dziahileva...when she's 20, she will be 'fully developed' and I tell you that she is gonna be the next Gisele...or at least Natalia. I love a lot of girls but Tanya is the only girl for whom I dare take these words in my mouth: she'll be the next supermodel.

PS: Doutzen DOES have it IMO.

the term "Super" has a meaning and can't be changed or adjusted, it was a phenomenum that belongs to the past, it's done.

the same Donatella said it:

It was Gianni Versace who fuelled the supermodel phenomenon in the 1990s - once booking Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington to walk his runway while lip-synching to George Michael's "Freedom".

Does Versace ever have any doubts about the dominance of celebrities in fashion? "No. Celebrities took the place of the supermodels," she says simply. "That's what happened. At that time of the supermodels, celebrities didn't want to be in fashion, they thought they were more intellectual and interesting than anyone in fashion. It was this attitude. And now they have to have a strong image, to be a celebrity

and even Vogue wrote in her recent issue, just check out my quote.

That's why we refer to this as the New Supermodels...definitions change as movements develop. I actually like the term neo-supermodelism :P

I don't think Tanya has it. She'll never be able to do commercial things which is generally what the public likes to see and is more used to. Plus she's very...harsh, sharp...beautiful maybe, but not soft enough for most people's liking.

yourbestfriend said:
We won't see SUPERMODELS, but we will still see what is considered a supermodel for these days......

well, then a new term should be invented for them, "turbo-alien models" or something like that to identify this new-wave, just like the waifs or the heroin chics of the mid 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->