Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Monte Carlo

Praise zee fashion gods for the reduction of strapless gowns in this collection! It's a cruise collection, and judging for the standards as such (mine, personally, are low), it's pretty freaking exciting. I strongly disagree with everyone who says that this looks like all this other collections for the house, cohesive to his personal aesthetic yes, but he experimented with all sorts of different silhouettes and ideas here. I like that it's a lot more vibrant and fun than his prim and proper ladylike collections for the house so far, I hope that's not just because it's a cruise collection, and that he carries that in to the spring collections as well.

I love how experimental this is - he's finally feeling comfortable enough to play around a little, I guess? I think most of the fabrics are hideous, especially in eveningwear, but there are some really nice pieces here. I especially like the swimwear, the outerwear in general and those zip corset dresses. It's gorgeous - too bad black women can't wear it...

I absolutely adore this collection. The colors are gorgeous, proportions are fresh and he definitely adds Dior bits to modern way of dressing. I feel like he's been spending enough time at the house that he feels comfortable to do things with it. The way he brings modernity to simple Dior forms is a right balance of old and new. Plus, the black dress with middle zipper is sexy!

I see the same thing being put down the runway every season, just a different set of colors and patterns. The silhouettes have not changed at all.
Still a lovely collection.

I have to say I'm shocked by all the positive reactions. This collection looks like it came straight out of the Opening Ceremony reject bin. I don't see any clothes women can actually wear. I don't even know if these will look all that great in a photo so the editorial appeal for me is not even there. I just don't get the hype.

I like this lot. Some of the dresses towards the end were way too similar to Rodarte Spring 2009, though.

Yes I really like the collection and the colours, but it's still the simpler pieces that speak to me the most.
The editing of that video is highly annoying. I really hope to see a normal runway video soon.

Everyone seems to love this collection and I feel like I'm missing something. To me it looks awkward and unpleasing, the way everything is pieced together is even a little messy. It also feels a little soulless (as have Raf's other collections for Dior so far) and doesn't evoke anything in me. There are two pieces I like: the white + pink + black wrap coat and the navy lace coat.

Everyone seems to love this collection and I feel like I'm missing something. To me it looks awkward and unpleasing, the way everything is pieced together is even a little messy. It also feels a little soulless (as have Raf's other collections for Dior so far) and doesn't evoke anything in me. There are two pieces I like: the white + pink + black wrap coat and the navy lace coat.

No, you're not the only one. "Tortured" is how a colleague of mine described these clothes. I'm just astonished that there's really nothing to wear in the whole lot.

:heart:Thank you for the videos. The collection looks much better in motion and up close - what looks like puzzling awkward asymmetrical collage cut, colors and textures/combinations makes far more sense in 3-dimension and movement. Raf shows some great tailoring here! :blush:

This collection is so fug. It looks like he's just doing random stuff to make his clothes less boring. Those tacky crop tops, sheer dresses with metallic or color strips, that hilariously matronly and prudish bright blue swimsuit :sick: My favorite pieces here are the more simplistic ones, although I do like the 3rd and 4th to last dresses, which IMO are the only pieces in which the clashing colors don't look absolutely hideous.

Christian Dior | Cruise 2014 | Full Fashion Show/Monaco | Exclusive on You Tube

I'm not feeling the Rodarte textured patchwork. But there are one or two nice pieces, the shot silk green zip-up dress; the cropped white zip-up jacket over the black dress; that red spaghetti strap gown with the pink lining.
It feels very mixed and spontaneous but not particularly fun.

I know it sounds crazy as it's just resort but in my opinion this has been Raf's best collection so far

I think this collection is very cohesive with Simons' previous work for the house, but still infused with new ideas. I adore the dynamism of the asymmetrical lines, the use of bright colors, and the use of zippers. Even if Simons has been criticized for his eveningwear, I personally like his low-key approach to it, and I think it look rather fresh on a red carpet (Marion Cotillard was a prime example, recently wearing look 56 at the Cannes Film Festival. To my opinion, she looked way better (apart of the hair) than many other celebrities who looked completely ridiculous)

I would be curious to see in real some of the fabrics, as some of them looked a bit unluxurious to me in picture/video. And I didn't understand AT ALL the blue swimsuit (look 47).

The venue was exquisite, and to me, the temperature gave the show a moody effect, looking a bit dangerous and exciting at the same time.

Raf Simons is definitely taking another direction than his predecesor. As much as I loved Galliano's work, I think this change was greatly needed for the House of Dior, as I think it's more adapted to the zeitgeist.

I didnt like Raf's previous collections for dior but his work at dior is getting better and better and the minimalism really grows on you, the tailoring is also really really really amazing although i felt some of fabrics used looked abit cheap but overall a really nice collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->