Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Monte Carlo

I :heart: this collection. A few misses but so many great looks too :blush:

Even though I don't love every look, I have to give Raf Simons the respect dued - of all the resort collections, including Chanel's, I have not seen another designer who has put in so much into a transition collection. He has refined much of what he has been experimenting for the RTW collections, and some of the asymmetrical finale dresses are really paying off. He's at his best when he's using his tailoring and construction skills to create new shapes - that silky bi-color (black/navy?) coat-dress at 4:44 is completely subtle yet a stand out. I'll be stalking it when it hits the floor.

As for the "cheap" looking materials, yes, that holographic metallic effect didn't work so well for his first collection - I had a close look at those retro full bubble skirts with holograhic roses with black snug tops and they really did look awful. The effect seems to work here in more graphic patterns and play on transparencies, looking forward to a closer encounter with these.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is more like an art project or experiment than a clothing collection...
ugh!

unflattering colors, see through clothes and nonsense styling...
cut the gimmicks please and let's have something to wear~!

i think he needs a stylist or merchandiser to come in and guide the experimentation so that it becomes what it could be...
you can see where he's trying to push things, and that's great...
but it's almost like the ideas aren't fully developed...
hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->