Christian Dior F/W 04.05 Paris

you should ask money for the ordeal from LVMH misspurple,
it's an obviously scary and quite deranged vision on modern esthetics. :ninja:

The video is already out at style.com the music and runway were terrible... at least that was one of the things that I kept my hopes on :doh:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 4th, 2004 - 7:36 am
Galliano is on the wrong drugs because this show is a complete and utter train wreck.
I'm afraid our clever chick sums it all up very neatly...

dior show exclusive gossip :ninja: :

*there were Japanese girls :shock: crying
before the show outside the Dior tent
because security did not let them in...
and they were holding invites
imagine to fly over from Japan for this bloody show and then
kept out by some rude 'kind for a day' silly person
who has a one-day oportunity in his/her life to play it 'important'

*i aslo heard of a certain u.s. 'cowboy'
-who also happens to be the owner of a very famous us boutique 'chain'-
who was outside the Dior tent shouting "let me in, i'm a VERY important person,
i have invitation, let me in before you regret it"

if that helps... he was looking exactly like Crocodile Dundee :lol:
and of course he never went in to see the horrible show :P

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 6th, 2004 - 3:16 pm
and of course he never went in to see the horrible show :P
he didn't miss of anything spectacular :lol:

Originally posted by tott+Mar 6th, 2004 - 3:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Mar 6th, 2004 - 3:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Mar 4th, 2004 - 7:36 am
Galliano is on the wrong drugs because this show is a complete and utter train wreck.
I'm afraid our clever chick sums it all up very neatly... [/b][/quote]
Oy Vey :wink: right

OO, the show is already out in Dior.com

Im in shock, those models couldn't walk with those oversized jackets :lol:

i hate to be the odd one ouyt but he shd change his style of presentation. This has become abit monotonous same look same bright colours......

I just watched the show at dior.com and I cringed in pain about 10 times before it was over. And the music was so horrible. :sick:

I am not liking most of it (those bags & shoes are gross :sick: ) i am still in love with some of the things, this dress it AMAZING the back of it & the way it moved on the runway...im in love :heart:

I actually liked the show...especially the furs...I think the more wearable version of the clothes that will be in stores will be much more approachable though...
capt.sge.psu13.030304232432.photo00.default-272x378.jpg

Like many people, in this topic, not everybody enjoyed the show... :wacko:

March 04, 2004 - Paris - "Il se moque de nous," "il se fout de notre gueule," were just a few of the remarks uttered, barely under their breathe, as French fashion editors and stylists exited the Christian Dior Fall/Winter 2004/2005 show on Wednesday.

For those not bright enough to speak French, these two phrases translate as "who does he does he think we are" and "he is laughing in our face." Now, you can bet all the champagne in the LVMH cellars in Reims that no French critic is actually going to write that, but it's a testament to how upset a lot of folks are about the latest collection by John Galliano for Christian Dior.

Not that the show didn't have the usual quotient of spectacle and the odd great fashion look. It was more that the Galliano tricks sometimes just irritate far more than please.

To what did people so violently object? First of all the make-up, which can be beautiful in Dior shows, but today merely succeeded in rendering some of the world's great beauties weird and largely indistinguishable from each other.

The mood was also not helped by threatening chords and flashing neon at the opening, which ill prepared the audience for a collection influenced by Teddy Boy cool and Rock-a-Billy risibility.

As for the clothes themselves, few people could actually imagine a gal going anywhere other than a Dior catwalk in farcically oversized moirŽ wraps, 15-high pink mink collars, XXXX large snakeskin baseball jackets or absurdly bright blue lame suits.

John did send out some cool leopard print dresses, fabulously over the top Art Deco silver earrings and a slew of clever bags in big cat prints, which you know will warm Dior's bottom line.

But overall, this show felt like a far-too-self-confident piece of self-indulgence that had lost its audience well before Galliano took his bow in a deconstructed Teddy Boy houndstooth suit. He, by the way, looked damned good.

Just as the lights went down one New York editor made a wish to a nearby colleague. "We know he (John) can do beautiful clothes. I hope I see some today." But as the lights went up you could tell from their wrinkled brows, that they clearly felt their desire had not been granted.

Originally posted by loserunit@Mar 5th, 2004 - 7:18 pm
i hate creepers. you've done back john you've done bad.

get some stilettos.
I hate the idea of them for women...they're so frumpy and boy-looking. and totally not sexy. but for me to wear, hell yeah!

I think the make-up and hair are creative (obviously not wearable :blink: )
That collection though with the oversized coats and over-bearing furs is just nauseating,

Mr. Galliano has always been and will always be his wild self and no one can expect what he will do in the next collection. That's what I like about John, so imaginative and talented.
Speaking of the most recent collection, i do not like it not only because it is obviously not wearable (do i need to mention this?) but also the teddy boy style simply cannot please anyone. It lacks modernity and many other things that were present in John's last collection!

Originally posted by pennyfei@Mar 13th, 2004 - 12:58 pm
Mr. Galliano has always been and will always be his wild self and no one can expect what he will do in the next collection. That's what I like about John, so imaginative and talented.
Speaking of the most recent collection, i do not like it not only because it is obviously not wearable (do i need to mention this?) but also the teddy boy style simply cannot please anyone. It lacks modernity and many other things that were present in John's last collection!
I agree.
We'll see what he does for the stuff that hits the stores.

With Galliano, we are always expecting how things turn out at the boutiques...I have never seen any outfit that comes straight from the RTW runway to a boutique...either that, or im plain wrong :doh:

At first I was dissapointed not because the show was so bad but because it wasn't as good as I have come to expect from Galliano. But after viewing it several times over and watching the on style.com I began to make more assesments.

-the oversized and unflattering volumes in the fur and coats are exagerated and have to be looked at in a different way. What exactly did galliano accomplish? In my opinion he acheived a very different and a very specfic aeshetic that one can argue is not apparently beautiful. But I would argue that it is subtle, refreshing, and even desirable.

-the pieces that weren't exagerated were amazing

- once the garments are taken down to normal volumes I suspect they will be very sellable.

I love the show and everything about it, amazing.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 13th, 2004 - 2:00 pm
...I have never seen any outfit that comes straight from the RTW runway to a boutique..
I have! :wink:

I'm too tired/lazy to pull up images and post them right now, though. haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->