Christian Dior F/W 2004.05 Paris

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:52 am
At first I was dissapointed not because the show was so bad but because it wasn't as good as I have come to expect from Galliano. But after viewing it several times over and watching the on style.com I began to make more assesments.

-the oversized and unflattering volumes in the fur and coats are exagerated and have to be looked at in a different way. What exactly did galliano accomplish? In my opinion he acheived a very different and a very specfic aeshetic that one can argue is not apparently beautiful. But I would argue that it is subtle, refreshing, and even desirable.

-the pieces that weren't exagerated were amazing

- once the garments are taken down to normal volumes I suspect they will be very sellable.

I love the show and everything about it, amazing.
I'd have to agree with you.
At first I was completely mortified and felt like sobbing, but after watching the show several times I realized that it's not so bad after all, once you look at it from a different perspective.

Now, as for "normal" sized versions of those suits becoming "very sellable"... I'm not too sure about that. The lame fabrics in those neon 80s colors is really really gaudy, imo. There are a few pieces that I agree would become sellable and could possibly become successful, though, like some of the little dresses and perhaps the chiffon circle skirts :smile:

I totally agree with that brian, the collection is kinda growing on me. I absolutly hated it when I first saw it, but some of the elements from it are kinda cool. I like the use of color and the ombre effect on the fur. I also think some of the prints will be popular once they hit stores. Honestly, once the collection is toned down for retail, it may actually turn out to be pretty good.

Actually nothing is going to be changed for the boutiques so instead alot of the collection will be avalable by special order only and the stuff that the boutiques will be reciving without a request from a client is this coat priced at $15,795 and this dress priced at $5500

00160f.jpg

00110f.jpg

:lol: if they pay ME $15,795 i may consider wearing the coat in public :P

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 21st, 2004 - 3:22 pm
:lol: if they pay ME $15,795 i may consider wearing the coat in public :P
:lol: :wink:

The dress is kinda pretty actually, if u changed the shoes and make-up. And the coat would actually be nice if it was proportioned differently, u know, without the huge collar and elongated shape. But yeah, I can't really see that coat on anybody as is.

This collection is way too wacky for me. The only things i might consider are the bags :rolleyes:

Although I dont like much of this the collection...the things that I do like I find amazing :heart:

that 2nd dress is fabulous.

some of the bags are nice.

those huge earrings have grown on me, alot.

Even though these "clothes" (more like costumes) is what Galliano has shown on the runway i think we all know that the Dior boutiques will be stocked with things like the normal "Miss Dior" bags & the "Saddle" bags and of course the "Trotter" collection.

I dont know if i got my point across...haha, oh well :rolleyes:

i actually really lvoe the 'shapes' :heart: in this collection, but the way tehya re done is disgusting :sick:

i'm so sick of dior.

Originally posted by Spike413@Mar 21st, 2004 - 3:38 pm
The dress is kinda pretty actually, if u changed the shoes and make-up. And the coat would actually be nice if it was proportioned differently, u know, without the huge collar and elongated shape. But yeah, I can't really see that coat on anybody as is.
If so much has to be changed, then why not just get a different outfit altogether? Wouldn't that be much easier and more effective? :innocent:

Your defense for Galliano's designs is kind of self-defeating...if anything it only proves how utterly unwearable they are and points out their blatantly unattractive aspects :ninja:

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Mar 21st, 2004 - 3:38 pm
If so much has to be changed, then why not just get a different outfit altogether? Wouldn't that be much easier and more effective? :innocent:

Your defense for Galliano's designs is kind of self-defeating...if anything it only proves how utterly unwearable they are and points out their blatantly unattractive aspects :ninja: [/b][/quote]
...i usually dont wear my designer clothes as i see them on the runway with the same shoes & make up :innocent:

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Mar 21st, 2004 - 1:48 pm
Actually nothing is going to be changed for the boutiques so instead alot of the collection will be avalable by special order only and the stuff that the boutiques will be reciving without a request from a client is this coat priced at $15,795 and this dress priced at $5500
I really don't know what to think now, chanel_girl.

I was really hoping that John would do his usual more toned-down interpretations of the runway ensembles for the boutiques to sell... :( But now I really don't know what to think.

If the pieces that the models wore are going to be sold, do you really think anyone will actually buy this stuff?? I do not honestly, with the exception of the accessories of course, and *some* dresses.

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:30 pm
...i usually dont wear my designer clothes as i see them on the runway with the same shoes & make up :innocent:
You wouldn't go buy a coat, then bring it home and alter its collar and entire shape either, wouldn't you? :innocent:

Originally posted by brian+Mar 21st, 2004 - 7:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Mar 21st, 2004 - 7:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl@Mar 21st, 2004 - 1:48 pm
I really don't know what to think now, chanel_girl.

I was really hoping that John would do his usual more toned-down interpretations of the runway ensembles for the boutiques to sell... :( But now I really don't know what to think.

If the pieces that the models wore are going to be sold, do you really think anyone will actually buy this stuff?? I do not honestly, with the exception of the accessories of course, and *some* dresses. [/b][/quote]
Well according to my husband who is in charge of pricing some of this stuff, He told me that they don't think that this will be one of mr galliano's best selling collections so they don't want to spend too much on production costs not knowing if this will sell so instead of modifying it for the boutiques everything will be avalable by special order and they've also picked what they think are the most practical and wearable so those are the dress and coat posted above, and the dress that pradaromance posted earlier is by special order only and is considered a toned down version of a haute couture dress $9600

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:36 am

Well according to my husband who is in charge of pricing some of this stuff, He told me that they don't think that this will be one of mr galliano's best selling collections so they don't want to spend too much on production costs not knowing if this will sell so instead of modifying it for the boutiques everything will be avalable by special order and they've also picked what they think are the most practical and wearable so those are the dress and coat posted above, and the dress that pradaromance posted earlier is by special order only and is considered a toned down version of a haute couture dress $9600
umm...special ordering pieces...didn't they used to call that couture...is galliano just running wild over there?... :wacko:

orochian...you are so on target in my book :flower:

so, do you suggest Dior boutiques will be empty for next season dear chanel girl ?

if they only have one coat and two dresses.. i find this real hard to believe , honestly. :innocent:

No galliano has made some other things that were not shown on the runway that will be avalable in the boutiques

wow- so does your husband also work for holt renfrew?

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 21st, 2004 - 11:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 21st, 2004 - 11:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pradaromance12@Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:30 pm
You wouldn't go buy a coat, then bring it home and alter its collar and entire shape either, wouldn't you? :innocent: [/b][/quote]
...hmmm, guess not :innocent: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->