Christian Dior F/W 04.05 Paris

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:07 pm
I would soo love seeing Hedi doing the women's collections also :o
that would be interesting...i'd love to see him do some womenswear... :heart:

Originally posted by Orochian+Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:14 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:14 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-TequilaSF@Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:53 am
Remember ...what u see on the runway doesn't mean what u'll get in reality... if u browse through the racks at the dior store .. u'll find lots of wearable pieces with impeccable details and craftsmanship... Dior RTW is just an extension of Dior's Couture interms of the show itself... very loud, over the top, and larger than life.. but the clothes are definitely more discipline than those on the runway... which are purely showpieces or just-for-loan clothes for the celebrities..
I think we all know that already, but thanks for the reminder. And just exactly what does that achieve, showing bizarre junk on the runway that nobody is going to buy or want to wear, and then filling the store racks with a bunch of completely unrelated designs? Isn't the whole point of a fashion show to give the trade and consumers a sneak preview of what is actually on offer in the stores for the upcoming season? Some people will surely scream "don't you get it? It's for PR and media attention!", well then I'd say this is a truly unconstructive, wasteful, and redundant practice. With other companies fashion is partially about pursuing genuinely good designs, and bringing them to the market. With LVMH, Dior in particular, it's all aboug generating hype among the media, and chanelling it into sales of tacky logoed handbags and slogan tees. :innocent: [/b][/quote]
hey...i was gonna say that!!! :lol: :lol: thanks for saving me the trouble..how do you do?!?! nice to make your aquaintance... :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 6:47 am
:lol: more scary - halloween material ?? :wacko:

00470f.jpg
:rofl: i would love to see all the jadore dior whores try that on :rofl:

it snacks of old viktor and rolf somehow...huge shoulders, tiny heads... :huh:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:18 pm
hey...i was gonna say that!!! :lol: :lol: thanks for saving me the trouble..how do you do?!?! nice to make your aquaintance... :flower:
Hi softgrey :flower: Great minds think alike :woot:

And Lena thanks for the warm welcome! I've been on board a while now :smile:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 1:47 pm

00470f.jpg
this is absolutely adsurd!

this is NOT A FASHION SHOW........this is a COSTUME SHOW :sick:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:51 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:51 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 6:47 am

00470f.jpg
:rofl: i would love to see all the jadore dior whores try that on :rofl: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:

the problem with the j'adore dior t-shirts was that they came up too cheap, anyone could suddenly afford one, as if it made any difference :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:14 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 12:14 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:07 pm
I would soo love seeing Hedi doing the women's collections also :o
that would be interesting...i'd love to see him do some womenswear... :heart: [/b][/quote]
absolutely, i actually think he could be quite good,
women love his collections and he has special tailored
'womens' sizes for some Dior Homme :wink:

from Guardian uk :flower:
One of the more amusing ways to pass time at a fashion show is to ponder the juxtaposition between the designer's faithful patrons sitting in the front row, and the histrionics on the runway. Nowhere is this more apparent than at a Christian Dior show.
What on earth could they have been thinking, those ladies with their pancake foundation, as they stared up at yesterday's catwalk with its flashing lights and pounding music, at green and yellow leopard print coats, fuchsia lamé suits and gold, cropped combats swashed with the Dior label? Nevertheless, they grinned like Cheshire cats, totting up next season's wardrobe expenditure.

All fashion shows are more like rock gigs these days, in their efforts to give labels a brand image.

John Galliano, head designer at Christian Dior, has taken this to extremes, giving a screechingly loud image to his label, but his success was emphasised in the first few outfits: where once people bought the perfume to buy into the image, now they buy the accessories. The models were so laden with knick-knacks, such as leopard print bags with dangling dice, it was hard to notice the clothes. It was undoubtedly these little details that so pleased his faithful followers and which high-street stores are planning to copy.

But without decent clothes a brand image is worth nothing. Although Dior's clothes do dip into extremism, there are simple, beautiful alternatives - the girlishly sweet gown embroidered with flowers, or the draped chiffon dresses.

Galliano took his bow by pouting at the camera longer than any supermodel ever did: never has a designer more efficiently parlayed his own personality into handbag sales.

Galliano took his bow by pouting at the camera longer than any supermodel ever did: never has a designer more efficiently parlayed his own personality into handbag sales.
[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

that's one of my personal pet peeves... :yuk: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: :lol:

that's one of my personal pet peeves... :yuk: :rofl: :rofl: [/quote]
I know....he's just begging for a good round of b*tch-slapping one of these days with that smarmy pout. He must have some special appearance-enhancing mirror at the Dior studio, or else why does he think he actually looks good, or even, *GASP* sexy, with that bitching pout of his? :angry:

Call me a J'Adore Dior wh*re, but I am standing by Galliano all of the way.

He's always done outlandish things like this, and then comes out with gorgeous wearable pieces for the boutiques.... and I am really anticipating seeing them.

The accessories in the collection were very nice, but I'm not too sure how I feel about the rockabilly influence. I was really expecting Egypt and was looking forward to seeing commercially-available scarab trinkets. :(

I even read somewhere that John had a special sphynx fabric printed for the RTW :( :( :(

Oh well...

I'm going to be getting these:

00480f.jpg

00390f.jpg

;D

and the socks, too, of course.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

VIVE L'DIOR ET GALLIANO!!!!

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Mar 4th, 2004 - 9:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 9:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@Mar 4th, 2004 - 10:11 pm
I'm going to be getting these:
Oy vey... :shock: [/b][/quote]
:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->