Christian Dior F/W 10.11 Paris

as someone said before, dior is dead. definitely. galliano used to be my favorite designer and the most inspiring one to me, for i beyond cherished his boldness and the "i-do-not-pay-attention-to-what-anyone-would-say" feeling worked out through his collections. his former work wasn't wearable, but reeked of a kind of "artistic insanity", something beyond fashion trends and all those silly stuffs. and i could only admire him for it. but when i look at that collection, i can't say i don't love the outfits, because at last it's pretty, but it isn't what i expect from galliano, it isn't what i was used to see. yet, rehaul and innovation are often great things for a brand, but in this case, it isn't at all, because all the clothes scream "i want to fit the conventions". i would like galliano to create again, as he used to do.

I actuallly really like this! the romantic colors and frothy gowns are gorgeous. You can see a lot of Galliano in this collection but its all good. Definitely saved him from that embarrassment of a Couture show! Bravo John!

this is horrible, the clothes look dead. for the first time I don't like anything.

It looks quite good
I like the contrast between bold masculine looks and the typical Dior tulle sheer mini dresses and skirts,the result is very interesting!
I must say I'm a little bit tired of this kind of old fashioned inspired collections,he has been doing this for like 2 years now,it would be cool to see another young strong collection like SS05 no?

I haven't like Dior for a few years now both RTW and Couture but this quite good. It's not the best he's ever done but I don't think it's ugly. I like the foo foo hair. My fav is a tie between the dress on Vlda and the black strapless leather looking dress.

Where's the pic of John at the end? We need to see him costume too :P

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nothing new, nothing innovative. But I see this selling big time. Also, the biggest positive note about this collection/show(!) is that it looks more like Dior by Galliano again than the previous collections did.

The light blue, sheer chiffon dress on Alexandra Tretter is my favorite...totally stunning :heart:

I don't exactly hate it, but I'm not exactly jumping on my seat here. :unsure:
The shoes look really good, especially the thigh-highs. They are only styled on a few looks, but I hate the hats.

well, ....I like it!!! It has the Galliano thing that I missed from old Dior shows, It's different for what we've seen from Dior from the last seasons, (It's true that I see more a Galliano collection than a Dior it-self) but I like it!

I like pretty much everything except for the pants. They just look ill-fitting. Also, I ADORE the look on Coco.

Thank you,John,for excising yourself of the drag queen fairy look.That was just going on for WAY too long.I love the coat on Sigrid and the jacket on Jessica (looks like some old Balenciaga to me though), this is a really wearable collection, I wonder who will be wearing one of those ruffled, rhinestoned long dresses on Sunday? Probably Penelope Cruz.And Frida's dress I'd wear in a heartbeat.
John isn't groundbreaking any more, he's just predictable and shows some great wearable looks.

By the way is there a pic of John from catwalking??I want to see him...

I like the dress on Rose and that's about it.
Never been a Galliano fan.

I mean, it isn't as awful as his recent past collections but I don't think it is good either. There is something about it to me that feels really cheap and boring, I can't really pick out if its the fabrics, the designs or the styling etc. I think it is really just the general aesthetic of everything that is just.....off.

I say this every season but John needs to be replaced....
His work for Dior is either tacky costumes or the repetition of lingerie as outerwear. Consistently terrible or underwhelming.

Well at least there is variety and you can sort of feel a spark . It's a dull spark, but at least there is hope .

Not good, not bad, not indifferent ...... just average .

2m61lcg.jpg
jl07rn.jpg
veahbp.jpg
1zn1x5v.jpg
2clfur.jpg

catwalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member