Christian Dior S/S 2016 Paris

I much prefer the simple, plain looks and overall I think this is one of Raf's better collections. If he has proven to be good at something, it's minimalism and this is so modern and clean, those suits are simply divine. The runway also looks stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Raf and I love what he's doing at Dior, but this was just so boring to watch. Though looking at the pictures it's a little more interesting.

As seasons go by I am getting a clearer sense as to why I don't like Raf's work at Dior. I detest the idea of his woman being this perfectly put together human-alien hybrid who is living in her own perfect world. What I find attractive is attitude; when a woman doesn't have the time to do her hair so she lets it loose; when she over accessorizes sometimes but doesn't care and goes on to show the world that it doesn't matter. I think that's why Ghesquiere and Slimane's visions work, and Raf's doesn't: their woman isn't concerned with being a flawless creature dressed in ethereal white, she has bigger and better things on her mind while still looking good.

You know, you hit the nail right on the head. I totally agree with you.

Zzzzz. So boring and unimaginative.

The only looks I liked were the ones with the crop top knitted sweaters. Those were lovely.

Love the bags. hate the shoes. and the clothes are meh.

It's rather new compared to all the ideas been proposed from others, and you can totally see it going down to the daily life. It's a decent show.

As seasons go by I am getting a clearer sense as to why I don't like Raf's work at Dior. I detest the idea of his woman being this perfectly put together human-alien hybrid who is living in her own perfect world. What I find attractive is attitude; when a woman doesn't have the time to do her hair so she lets it loose; when she over accessorizes sometimes but doesn't care and goes on to show the world that it doesn't matter. I think that's why Ghesquiere and Slimane's visions work, and Raf's doesn't: their woman isn't concerned with being a flawless creature dressed in ethereal white, she has bigger and better things on her mind while still looking good.

I think the difference is that the woman who finds Dior's garments actually desirable, and the woman who can relate to Raf's vision of a femininity, does not actually exist.

Even the models who are selling the collection don't even want it.

This is yet ANOTHER dreadful collection in what has to be one of the least successful tenures at any design house.

Good thing I hear he's on his way out...

There is nothing to comment here...
Everything is so boring, blah, beige. I don't even want to try to justify it. After 3 years and so many collections, there is still no vision, no clear aesthetic. It's ininspired.
Now, he is taking inspirations from the London designers.

Seriously, this collection is NYFW level. We only pay attention to it because of the big name behind it.
And the accessories...even more boring. I'm seeing a Chanel boy, a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour and a Loewe cross duffle.

I actually thought this is a pretty decent showing, the designs but well made, tasteful, quiet elegance and definitely not outlandish. Whilst this current design doesn't quite look like his previous outings, the above qualities holds true and some what for a younger sister of his previous audience, somewhat like a more refined Chloe under mcgibbons.
The bags should sell, like with all other major houses.
I just don't get the necessity of the elaborate tent, it must have cost Dior a bomb, as always.

The real star was the venue. The flowers were so beautiful :wub:

Which made the boring clothes even more tragic lol.

The scalloped pieces aside (too Chloé '09), I thought this was pretty well done for the most part. Raf's Dior is at its best when it is not forcibly referencing the house's archives or other mid-twentieth century designers, and the clothes are not overwrought and weighted with heavy concepts. It's clean, it's direct, and it can easily assimilate into one's wardrobe.

However...this should have been a pre-collection. Its commercial intentions are way too obvious. There isn't much of anything here to truly pack a lasting punch. It's simply tasteful, middle-of-the-road clothes that will be bought and forgotten once something new presents itself. There's almost a false timelessness to it.

The venue and soundtrack were great, as always. Betak and Gaubert outdo themselves each season.

Really don't care for those transparent dresses, but love everything else. Love fluidity and the ease of the collection, sensual in a way and deliciously feminine. Crazy about the all the crop jumpers, such a cool look, shoes and bags amazing too. He's doing such a great job at making a connection between the HC and RTW.

It's not bad considering his previous collections. But it looks like secondary line, clean and cheaper version of what real dior should look like.

This is yet ANOTHER dreadful collection in what has to be one of the least successful tenures at any design house.

Good thing I hear he's on his way out...

That's just factually untrue lol.

And what's your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->