Christopher Kane F/W 10.11 London

details cont. (same source)
00060m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00110m.jpg

ugh i can't resist this. after the video and those detail shots, i'm in love.:heart: he chose so perfectly where to use each fabric... and i hadn't noticed the shoes had embroideries as well!

i tend to compare christopher kane and alexander wang since they both burst on the scene at about the same time with equal amounts of buzzworthiness. in that contest, christopher kane has surely inched his way ahead with this collection. not only does christopher kane design two collections now (a fact not to be overlooked in this back-to-back fashion season), but this collection has a polish and a finish that really goes further many well-established designers.

also, we're clearly working with a genius here. all of the comments about the references to prada -- yes, miuccia did do a collection of lace and who can forget those shirt-collared minidresses from miu miu some years ago? -- and to balenciaga -- ghequierer has done this silhouette and edgy florals -- but what we're really saying is that he's following in the footsteps of greatness. no one mistakes this for, say, henry holland. also, prada NOR balenciaga quite did what he did in smashing up that lace loveliness with the hardness of the leather. it's a mix that others wish they could attain, but he does it effortlessly. whether its his early work making a style sandwich with lace, safety belt buckles, and bandage dresses, or his most recent gingham naughtiness, he knows how to give us good girl and bad girl at the same time.

00240m.jpg

style.com

This is growing on me. At first I couldn't really get past the flowers on leather. I love all the sparkles though. You don't have to bother with jewellery. I love lace clothing so whether it's Prada or whoever as long as it's beautiful then I'm onboard. Have to say I'm not fond of the shoes. They're quite ugly sorry.

i'm sorry but i've seen most of these in a thrift store, not so long ago.
some outfits are really nice, but not enough "strong" .....

Wow how fashion is progressing, you can buy all this online already (or in advance at least) the way we consume fashion is changing so rapidly I can barely belief it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->