Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Olivier Rousteing is "happy" that Balmain is copied by Zara

Zara is seen as something of a saviour to fans of high-end fashion with a shoe-string budget. In fact, it often turns around catwalk copies before the originals have even hit the rails - a source of scorn for many designers, but not Olivier Rousteing of Balmain

The creative director admires the high street chain's ability to mimick his designs, calling them "genius".

He told The Independent "I think it was Coco Chanel who said if you're original, be ready to be copied."

He explained that he's "happy that Balmain is copied."

"I love seeing a Zara window with my clothes mixed with Céline and Proenza [Schouler]! I think that's genius.

"It's even better than what I do! I love the styling, I love the story... I watch the windows always, and it's genius what they do today."

You and us both, Olivier - we're counting down the hours until lookalikeys of his warrior-esque pleated dresses drop in the Zara windows.

I wonder how he feels about Balmain being copied by other designers? (*cough* Zuhair Murad *cough*)

Source:Glamour UK

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Before I even finished reading your last sentence I immediately thought Zuhair too!

"It's even better than what I do!", "I think that's genius."

Not sure if they're sarcasm but if you say Zara's rip off is better than what you do, you should stop being a designer, seriously.

^ i think he is referring to the way they put the clothing together. Im sure he was being somewhat sarcastic though.

Ah, but we do, moved your post here :flower:

I find this so disrespectful of the Daily Mail, the man is dead, let him RIP.

That was a disgusting thing of Archie to do. And he did it 'to raise money for charity and move on with his life?' Please. What an awful person and a truly terrible friend.

On a side note, I can't believe Kate didn't even say thank you.

from CDAN:

Sometimes my math is a bit off, but I think that since Kanye West has married Kim Kardashian he has spent nearly three times as many days with Riccardo Tisci as he has with Kim. There are also reports that Riccardo spent some time in Ireland during the honeymoon which is one of the reasons Kim insisted they also go to Mexico to have some Riccardo free time. Kanye doesn't know such a thing. It is interesting that the only times Kanye has shown himself in public or semi-public in the past two months it has always had something to do with Riccardo. Those two really are best friends and at some point, no matter how careful you are, or how cute you think you are being there will be some drunk British A list model who takes a bunch of photos she shouldn't have taken and start sharing them with her husband's friends and her friends and the whole world starts talking about the pictures. You know, about the design collection or something. Just saying.

It was so annoying seeing Riccardo's birthday plastered all over Instagram, like in this day and age he lives for a couple of Instagram likes, his party seemed like everyone was just posing for pics and tagging away.

Every model posted about his old and stale age, yeah he was a great designer at one point but now it seems like if you get him a bit of social media he will hire you. That's all it takes, the butt kissing was too much.

If Riccardo wasn't in the position he is in now, no body would be crazy about him.

I can't stand Riccardo anymore. He thinks he's some kind of modern day Andy Warhol with his annoying "cool gang". I guess hanging out with the Kardashians made him want to be an easy celebrity as well..

^Yes true! He lost all his coolness.

I mean how else could you explain Bieber being at that party? I can't imagine why anyone would want to be seen with that little brat for any reason other than public attention.

I guess all of this is a ploy to distract us from the uninspired clothes he's been putting out as of late.

"McQueen also had a falling-out with the formidable Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, over a photoshoot. ‘They were so alike,’ Archie says. ‘He told me, 'She’s got a rod up her backside. She won’t compromise.’
dailymail

Stefano Gabbana is going on a crazy Instagram spree posting looks from all over Milan Fashion Week

Checked it out.. he seems to just be giving shout outs with hearts promoting brands showing in Milan (Versace, Cavalli, etc..)... I was kind of thinking from your post he was putting them on blast.. haha.

Simon Porte Jacquemus is currently receiving a lot of critique for his white-washed casting on twitter.
His reaction? Delete everything and block everyone adressing the issue. Very mature. :rolleyes:

Simon Porte Jacquemus is currently receiving a lot of critique for his white-washed casting on twitter.
His reaction? Delete everything and block everyone adressing the issue. Very mature. :rolleyes:
That's true ! and some models who helped him a lot when he started his career are disappointed from his attitude of non gratitude now he's becoming popular ... so bad ... ((

That's true ! and some models who helped him a lot when he started his career are disappointed from his attitude of non gratitude now he's becoming popular ... so bad ... ((

Which models are these?

Hedi Slimane is pulling a Rei Kawakubo and refusing to come out for his @YSL bow. But that does not make them the same thing. #PFW
- twitter.com/vfriedman

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"