Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Reaction score
I did a search but I couldn't find any thread similar to this (mods, I'm sorry if I'm wrong! Feel free to delete this if so). Basically I'm thinking the same theme as "Model Behavior" but designers instead of models.

So! Any gossip? Any reducing models to tears? Unreasonable demands? etc etc! :smile:

Mod Note:

These rules apply to this thread and will be strictly enforced (Formal warning/ban).

1. Gossip is hearsay and these forums are provided for our member to discuss credible information. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable concrete sources for any information which they may contribute to the discussions" provision.

2. Continual negative comments are not allowed.

3. tFS cannot be used to promote other forums. Doing so leads to warning/ban.

4. Off topic conversation is not allowed.

5. No fishing for information on a specific model.

6. No drug or weight items or talk.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ugh, that broke my heart. Poor Abbey. :cry: Maybe Alber was just stressed out. He doesn't seem to be that nasty of a guy.

^Ugh, that broke my heart. Poor Abbey. :cry: Maybe Alber was just stressed out. He doesn't seem to be that nasty of a guy.

There was also that quote from him about dumping a model after a couple previous bookings and then feeling bad about it.

BTW, has Abbey walked Lanvin since that incident?

I don't think Alber was acting unreasonably at all. Maybe he was speaking a bit directly, but he doesn't really have time to stop by and have a heart-to-heart. He saw that a model was having an issue and designers have to make sure their show goes as well as possible. He let Abbey try on flat shoes and that worked better so he let her walk in flat shoes instead.

I kind of have to agree.. I think he came off very harsh on camera.. but I don't think his actions were necessarily unreasonable. And even Abbey crying probably was more due to accumulated stress than anything else.. it being the last week of a LOOONG fashion week schedule for her (back when she did the shows still).

Anyone have the scoop on how Karl treats the models?

Ashleigh Good Interview:

What was it like working with Karl?

Karl is great! To be honest he is such a funny, down to earth, normal man, plus he works so hard. I was so nervous when I first met him, being such a huge part of fashion and a major icon. I really enjoyed working with him and the whole team at Chanel, he is the face but there are a lot of people behind the scenes that bring it all together.

Source:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10862288

i dont think so.

Giles Deacon's article on the guardian

He says he doesn't see why fashion designers have to live on some other planet. 'That era of designers being away with the fairies is gone... You've got to live in the real world.' He shudders at the memory of once going to interview Karl Lagerfeld for Elle - his appointment was for 9.30am and he didn't finally get to see Kaiser Karl till 6pm. 'I just thought that was a little rude,' he says mildly. 'I mean he's an amazingly talented designer, but as a person to talk to... you're not chatting, you're listening to a well-practised, weird performance. And he was really foul to Lily Cole, who was modelling for the shoot, and I thought a man his age pressurising a 17-year-old girl was terribly unattractive.' You don't have to be a dictator, he insists. He takes pride in running a happy studio, where nearly all his full-time staff have been with him from the beginning.

source: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/sep/07/fashion

Quote from Inès de la Fressange about how her 13 year old daughter Violette d’Urso adores Lagerfeld:

pon learning that Lagerfeld was spending last Christmas by himself, *Violette demanded of her mother: “How can we leave him alone!” De la Fressange still laughs about it. “I was forced to send this grotesque text message—‘You’re welcome at the house for Christmas…’ ” On Christmas Eve, Lagerfeld sent over a shower of gifts but didn’t show up. “*Violette worries about him,” said her *mother. “She truly loves him.”

There is also something in the article about him helping out a friend of his in need:

Four years ago, Lagerfeld handed me a check for 15,000 euros intended for Birgitte de Ganay, a mutual friend whom he no longer saw but who was facing an extreme psychological and financial crisis. No doubt Lagerfeld remembered the fierce allure of this stunning *Danish beauty, though when he wrote that check, de Ganay was far from the sparkling worldly figure he’d known. We’d just finished a day of shooting for Le Figaro, where I work, and were looking at the pictures. In a tone that I now understand was meant to eschew sensitivity, Lagerfeld summoned me unexpectedly into a hallway and brusquely stuffed the check into the pocket of my jacket. There was nothing patronizing about it—just an immense terror of being caught, in flagrante delicto, having a heart.

http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2012/08/karl-lagerfeld-chanel-muses-kitten-choupette/

Maybe he is tolerable/nice to the people close to him?

It was quite heartwarming to see how happy and cute he was with his godchild Hudson Kroenig. There's a video of it somewhere.

Dolce & Gabbana question Victoria Beckham: 'She's a designer but...'

Victoria Beckham's ability as a fashion designer has been questioned by Dolce & Gabbana, who have said she came to the trade "after many, many, many different things".

The Italian fashion duo - Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana - said that they list the former Spice Girl along with high street names like Zara and H&M.

Speaking to reporters at the Glamour Of Italian Fashion 1945-2014 event at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, Gabbana said: "She's a friend. She make a good job but... for us, she don't make the same way like a fashion designer.

"She become after many, many, many different things. She's a designer but..."

Asked if he is a fan of Beckham's designs, Gabbana said: "She's a fashion designer but it's another... it's different. John Galliano is a designer... Alexander McQueen."

Dolce explained that "Victoria Beckham, Zara, H&M" were "professional" designers, adding that Italian fashion and British fashion were "completely different".

"[Italian fashion is] more cool, more trendy," he said.

Gabbana added: "Vivienne Westwood is one of the most important fashion designers in the world."

source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz...kham-shes-a-designer-but.html#~oAe9Eqt7XWjc3g

Speaking of Dolce & Gabbana, I always wanted to post this here. :lol:

@3:17

Don't know if it's all true but... :lol:

There was also that quote from him about dumping a model after a couple previous bookings and then feeling bad about it.

BTW, has Abbey walked Lanvin since that incident?

Yeah, didn't the model come up to him crying and ask why she wasn't booked for the campaign again? Seemed ridiculous, reality of the job.

^I agree. If that kind of encounter has ever happened, I think it tells more about the model`s character than Alber`s. I don`t know, but I think these kind of questions for a designer are quite inappropriate. Rotating models is so very common, name of the game, that in my opinion that girl is considered very lucky if she had couple previous campaigns in a row.

Plus I don`t see anything rude between Abbey and him on the infamous video. He is very straight-forward, but he had a point and said nothing personally hurtful or yelled at her etc.

But, what do you think about Jenny McCarthy`s story about Stefano Gabbana? Sounds crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do Dolce & Gabbana get off criticizing anyone for not being a "designer?" First of all, not everyone can be a Galliano or McQueen. Second of all, maybe if they hadn't sent down the same collection the last five years and counting they could have had some ground on which to stand. I man, really?

As for that Jenny McCarthy story. IMO, she comes out as a b*tch (when doesn't she though?). Her boyfriend just shoved someone and she's surprised that it wouldn't go well with person being shoved? Shoving people is not an ok behavior whether it's a famous designer or just a random person.

That McCarthy/Gabbana story is nuts. But I wouldn't have sent an apology if I was Dolce. It's Jenny McCarthy, not Madonna.

I was reading a biography on the Versace family in the bookstore, unfortunately I forget the name of it. Donnatella and Gianni often butted heads a lot. Gianni was EXTREMELY disappointed with Donnatella introducing Stella Tennant and Erin O'Connor to be used during the shows and what not. He preferred the more feminine figured girls like Claudia and Naomi. HE apparently said 'Get rid of them, I don't want them"! Also Donnatella would secretly tell the seamstresses to lower the hemlines on the dresses.

Since we don't have a Designer Behavior thread, I figured this was as close as it gets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ALLY-thought-clients-revealed-live-lover.html

the part about him throwing a baked potato at Madonna's head - oh what I wouldn't give to be a fly on that wall! But why was she at an Elton John party, don't they hate each other?

Ah, but we do, moved your post here :flower:

I find this so disrespectful of the Daily Mail, the man is dead, let him RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->