Dry/Raw Denim - The Nudiephile Thread!

I've washed a pair of raw APC's that I have too early, and after washing the colour has become very "normal looking". The only sign of wear is around the back pockets which looks good, but the rest of it is less than what was hoped for. If I keep wearing them often, will I be able to get the natural wearing back even though its been washed before?

You'll definitely get additional wear marks if you wear them a lot and don't wash them for a while; pre-washed denim also will eventually get wear marks, they are just not as pronounced as what you get with raw denim--so yours might be more the equivalent contrasting you would get if you were working with one wash denim:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found on AlohaRag some gorgeous new Diesel raw jeans for women.. Gem Stone Denim, they're ltd ed with serial numbers, and absolutely gorgeous but darn expensive! :(

aloharag

These are finally on sale, 60% off! I just bought some, hope I fit them! :buzz:

Oh, re: my Nudie, the Great Washing.. they had some lovely whiskers showing through, but after washing you could barely see them at all. I was so disappointed I couldn't come back and post.. now they're just dark jeans, and whilst you can see the whiskers if you squint and c*ck your head to the side a little, I'm mostly just really bummed I've wasted a darn fine pair of raw denim.

At least today I've got me a gorgeous pair of Diesel Raw - and I've wanted Diesel in my collection forever! - for cheaper than a replacement pair of Nudie SK's!

I'll get pics of my SK's if anyone's interested.. haven't taken any yet, still too bummed to look at them, lol.

those diesels look kinda cool especially with the drop pockets, but 126$ is still so expensive...why were they ~300 bucks before(*edit--aloharag does pricing in USD not aussie dollars, right)? my favorite diesel jeans i've ever tried on there were $140-170--unwashed/raw Liv (but i didn't buy them, lol)--i'm excited for you tho! Diesel makes some really great cuts for ladies in good denim. Are there no Diesel stores in Australia? :(

pity about your Nudie SKs! the whiskers will still come thru (like dentro said) or you can always "cheat" and sandpaper yer jeans. :P
my nudies are coming along...but i probably won't wash them for 8 months to a year at least after reading how yer's came out. that reads so gross, even for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep AR are in US dollars, sadly, though $126 isn't bad at all for designer denim ($300+ was ridiculous!). I'd love to find some raw Liv jeans, but haven't so far.

My SK's have shrunk post-wash, too. I haven't really tried them on and stretched them back out yet.. I guess I may as well play around with some sandpaper, nothing to lose!

You'll definitely get additional wear marks if you wear them a lot and don't wash them for a while; pre-washed denim also will eventually get wear marks, they are just not as pronounced as what you get with raw denim--so yours might be more the equivalent contrasting you would get if you were working with one wash denim:flower:

Thanks. Hopefully I can work on my mistake :innocent:

I've finally found a replacement pair of Slim Kims so that I can start again! I've gone for 26/34 this time - I usually take a 23-24 in jeans but found the 25's were still digging in and leaving deep welts in my hips after a good 6 months of wear!! :blink:

These fit tight but perfectly, and being more comfortable I'll wear them more often. I'm doing the first wear today, and am especially making sure the hems sit comfortably under my heel. I have a 33" inseam, and hate the way the 32" SK's float at my ankle bones - I turned down a pair that were $100 in a snap sale last month because they just weren't long enough! These sit just under my heel but look perfect, so I'm just making sure they crease right to sit flat under my foot, rather than having a hard, lumpy, scrunched up hem like my last pair did. Haha, I'm an experienced raw denimer already!

I've also just bought the first pair of Sass & Bide Raw Selvedge jeans, called The Dexy. Can't wait to get them! I've been wanting selvedge forever, but they're so damn hard to find in womens' styles. Here they are, you can click the pic to get to the page.

I'm trying to stretch out the waist of my raw Tsubi's because my stomach is bloated, yuck!! Can anyone suggest other ways to stretch jeans??

Are those the Dry Raw Lean Beans, Jess? I have a pair of those too! Mine are coming along nicely, though with that thick denim I thought they'd take an age to start showing whiskers. I should take a pic.. hopefully they'll come out okay, I can see the whiskers and fading alright with my eyes but you never know if a camera will capture that.

As for stretching, all you can do is the squatting down and leaning forward hard whilst wearing them. Mine have stretched all they'll stretch, and did that in the first month of wearing. They still leave railway tracks upon my hips, and the zipper's popped a tooth too because of trying to stretch them too hard!

Are those the Dry Raw Lean Beans, Jess? I have a pair of those too! Mine are coming along nicely, though with that thick denim I thought they'd take an age to start showing whiskers. I should take a pic.. hopefully they'll come out okay, I can see the whiskers and fading alright with my eyes but you never know if a camera will capture that.

As for stretching, all you can do is the squatting down and leaning forward hard whilst wearing them. Mine have stretched all they'll stretch, and did that in the first month of wearing. They still leave railway tracks upon my hips, and the zipper's popped a tooth too because of trying to stretch them too hard!
Actually I got the last of the Skinny Pins recently! They are raw, I keep getting dye on the inside of my shirts haha. But I will try those squats and leaning, should do some good for my tummy too haha.

Posting in this thread a year later...

Flat Head 3001 size 29x36

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Custom to my body! :smile:

Here's what they looked like new... this month last year:

flathead_presoak_1.jpg

Holy shiznit!

Looks like I'm logged on to my girlfriends tFS account (sorry Ida but please remember to log out in the future. b*tch! haha).

sidneyLo: I like cool jeans. Cool jeans. I need cool jeans. Give me your cool jeans. Now!

Just kidding. Brooklyn what up!?!?

Haven't bought any new jeans in donks, but yesterday and today have picked up a couple of new Nudie releases and some raw jeans by Good Society. Not that I needed yet another pair of 14" straightleg dry jeans, but they're mid-rise and under $50 on sale, I just couldn't say no!

pics by revolveclothing
Nudie Slim Kims in Organic Dry Ecru

pics by revolveclothing
Good Society Raw Straight

pics by mycatwalk
Nudie Tight Long Johns in Dry Black Coat

It's about time I updated with pics of my other dry jeans to show how they're going. Slim Kims #2 are doing really well, I wear them a lot and they're developing nice whiskering. Haven't worn my Tight Long Johns in Dry Comfort for awhile, but they too are looking great. I need to shift a bit of lard right now so they're waiting for me to do that! :blush:

I've been wearing the Edun ones as my scuff-around get grubby renovation jeans.. we're reno'ing an old Queenslander house and as they're a size big and slouchy I'm wearing them for it all to see if I can get some interesting wear and perhaps a dirty hue from all the dust and filth that gets on them that I end up shaking out each evening! It's all dry dirt anyway, just the red dust we have out here, and a bit of sawdust too. :P

Haven't worn the cuffed S&B ones at all yet. Not sure how I feel about the cuffing, so might yet hem them. I like how jeans have a lot of fading at the bottom and I wouldn't get that with them cuffed like that. :unsure:

Sidney, my God, they're gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::buzz::wub:

They look way older than a year, too.. how and when did you wash them to get such sharp contrast? Super hot water?

Hey, I got all my new jeans, and they're awesome! The Tight Long Johns in Dry Black Coat are fantastic.

And now I have on the way.....

Tight Long Johns in Dry GREY Coat!!!! Dry Grey, whodathunkit? I've seen mens' jeans in this colour and they look fantastic, a deep smooth charcoal with of course the shine that comes with the 'Coat' jeans.. they should be arriving any day now, can't wait!!! :buzz::woot::buzz:

This is a major bump, but I need some help!

I snagged a pair of Calvin Klein skinny jeans at a sample sale in New York that I was under the assumption were raw. I have a pair of nudies, so I thought I'd be breaking both in.

However, I recently did laundry and my Calvin "raws" were accidentally tossed into the mix. I was distraught until I realized they didn't fade like my nudies would have. Is it possible they're not raw?

Not all raw jeans fade the same... if they are dark denim that look raw, they may be one-wash or "rinsed", but that alone does not change the fading characteristics; it has more to do with the fabric, the dye and the dyeing process.

Question about Nudies... Is it possible to take in a pair from size 36 to size 31 (mens)?? They were straight cut... but it's now huge and baggy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->