Givenchy F/W 10.11 Paris

I'm so glad at what I'm seeing. I thought Riccardo's collections were becoming to stale & repetitive for a while but I'm definitely loving this. The hair & makeup remind me of Prada from last season & the whole mood seems very Alexander Wang-ish from the current season, but who cares...I think Riccardo has nailed it this season. Every piece looks fabulous and I'm loving the use of the red & lace. btw, why are they showing menswear? Seems rather pointless to me.

i Love The Collection..... the Styling is a little weird
but the peices are perfection.
Skirts pants coats Tailored to perfection.
The shoes are going to be a hit.
Great to see a sober collection from Riccardo filled with peices that are Today yet Timeless.
the Lace blouses are very Romantic very Catholic riccardo
the knits remind me the icelandic knits from the Peru couture show.

I agree with everything you said . ^_^

the collection doesn't look too bad, just a shame there wasn't brighter lighting

I think something happened with the lighting. Showstudio said this:
Unanswered question chez Givenchy: why was half the show under red light that washed all colour out of the clothes? Red light district?

So I'm guessing it was only on for half of the show, then it got turned to normal light..

I really dont like this. For the most part some of the seperate peices are nice but as a whole :sick: Some of the other designers have been able to pull off all black collections but this is not doing it for me. And the knit sweater are horrid as well. Also can we talk abot those man skirts or skorts or whatever the hell they are... just no! It was bad a Mark Jacobs and its even worse here. But I did like the jackets they were wearing and some of the other male peices were nice though. On a positive note I do like the dress in post # 39 pic #2. The only think is (and this might just be me) that it makes the model look pregant. Maybe it that way the top is shapes with that sheer part over the stomach and the skirt has a weird cure at the waist.

Last edited by a moderator:
**no model talk please*
it's very sophisticated, a little hard to see the actual clothes in the sharp light, but I think it's a hit!

**no model talk please*
Anyway, I'm not loving this collection.

I can tell they've been looking at old Helmut Lang for inspiration. Just look at all the waistbands, knee-length car coats and arm bandages.

**no model talk please**

I still think the pieces are really gorgeous though ! ^_^

Dislike. most of the looks are so...frumpy! Badly styled maybe. A few of the looks are nice, but overall not liking it. And the prints are awful.

don't like this at all, it's nt awful but nothing special at all

Wow I am surprised at how much I despise this collection. Its terrible in so many ways, I can't even begin to describe! :innocent:

This is the first time Tisci has created such a mess; everything lacks cohesiveness and every look appears to be out of sync with the next. There are too many ideas, none of them developed accordingly, mixed with oneanother.

And the touch of red is so kistch for me. He has done this before (Fall 2006) to much greater effect, but here in this collection it looks odd. And besides, the red only detracts from what this collection really is; a monotonous and redundant mess.

I am so disappointed with Tisci! I have generally liked every one of his collections since his inception at Givenchy, but this time, I not only dislike this, I hate it. There is no poetry in this. No emotion. It lacks everything that I've come to admire in a Givenchy collection.

I really dont like this. For the most part some of the seperate peices are nice but as a whole :sick: Some of the other designers have been able to pull off all black collections but this is not doing it for me. And the knit sweater are horrid as well. Also can we talk abot those man skirts or skorts or whatever the hell they are... just no! It was bad a Mark Jacobs and its even worse here. But I did like the jackets they were wearing and some of the other male peices were nice though. On a positive note I do like the dress in post # 39 pic #2. The only think is (and this might just be me) that it makes the model look pregant. Maybe it that way the top is shapes with that sheer part over the stomach and the skirt has a weird cure at the waist.

you're definitely not the only one who thought that model looked pregnant.

didn't fancy the way the male models were styled.. i mean, sheer tights and knee length skirts on burly guys? burn that combination please. i am not upset over the inclusion of man skirts, just that the proportions of the skirt were totally wrong and the sheer tights beneath it just made it all the more intolerable.

This collection seems a little unfocused, and honestly, all the red makes it feel a bit cheap.

Oh my god.. I don't usually like Tisci because he's not usually my taste, but at least I can appreciate that he has talent.
This is an awful collection. And is it a coincidence that there are peeling trousers and skirts here as well as at Balenciaga?
Is this even Tisci at all? So bad.

Wow I am surprised at how much I despise this collection. Its terrible in so many ways, I can't even begin to describe! :innocent:

This is the first time Tisci has created such a mess; everything lacks cohesiveness and every look appears to be out of sync with the next. There are too many ideas, none of them developed accordingly, mixed with oneanother.

And the touch of red is so kistch for me. He has done this before (Fall 2006) to much greater effect, but here in this collection it looks odd. And besides, the red only detracts from what this collection really is; a monotonous and redundant mess.

I am so disappointed with Tisci! I have generally liked every one of his collections since his inception at Givenchy, but this time, I not only dislike this, I hate it. There is no poetry in this. No emotion. It lacks everything that I've come to admire in a Givenchy collection.

Hah you took the words right out of my mouth!

Unfortunately I have to agree, this looks really bad, one of the most disappointing collections so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->