Givenchy S/S 10 Paris

Some pretty interesting pieces. Just not a fan of the first print though :( but the second print the black and white pretty cool. Not sure what to call it. I know there is a name for it I think, but I just can't think of it right now :/

The bolero gives a nice touch to the collection I find :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the black and white pieces and the shoes ... but after looking it at HQ pics the models makeup is going to give me nightmares for the rest of the week. How scary do they all look!!

Not as inspiring as A/W

I was there and it was MAJOR (music, clothes, place, everything). There were people crying!

I was there and it was MAJOR (music, clothes, place, everything). There were people crying!

Really? I'm so curious about the music! I heard it was "dizzying", whatever that is supposed to mean.

Riccardo let me hear the soundrack afterwards. He told me it's a track Pina Bausch used for a performance. He told me it was a tribute.

(it's strings, quite dramatic)

Let's see if I find that...

Riccardo let me hear the soundrack afterwards. He told me it's a track Pina Bausch used for a performance. He told me it was a tribute.

(it's strings, quite dramatic)

Let's see if I find that...

Oh wow, inspired by dance! At least the soundtrack sounds like it could be nice! I would so love to hear, davvero! :woot:

interesting collection. the blazer kinda reminds me gareth pugh but i love it just the same lol

the battle lines are drawn and mcqueen better watch his back. this collection might not stand out as the most groundbreaking when it comes to the tisci for givenchy look -- he, rightly, served that up at the couture show -- but this collection should send the chill of panic through the alexander mcqueens of the world. this collection is SOSOSOSOSOSO wearable yet immensely edgy and it uses some of the most signature alexander mcqueen gimmicks -- gimmicks, i'd add, that he forfeited during his tenure at the house of givenchy should we not all forget! -- to his advantage completely. also, let's be honest, we all know that givenchy has a cult following behind their footwear and i have never seen so many "it shoes" in one place outside of the zip code 10022-SHOE.

There are some great pieces as a whole but I'm not really moved by this collection. I might need to reserve judgement though because judging from the preview video of the collection, they look A LOT better in motion. Those pleated skirts and draped dresses with the big shoulders are wonderful.

There are some great pieces as a whole but I'm not really moved by this collection. I might need to reserve judgement though because judging from the preview video of the collection, they look A LOT better in motion. Those pleated skirts and draped dresses with the big shoulders are wonderful.

Yeah I agree, it looks a little better in motion. I just wish it would have inspired me more like a Tisci collection usually does. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->