Givenchy S/S 10 Paris

it is a really well done collection, a little less heavy handed than his previous efforts so obviously he is improving, but i see a lot of ealrly Nicolas Ghesquire references in this, dont know if its coincidental or not, but there are so many of ghesquire's shapes details and ideas in this, that i have to wonder.............
its a little more polished though

Its true to the image Tisci elaborated, this is rtw not couture... Im pleased by this :wink:

Another collection this season that I like but yet don't love
The prints however are great! Love the shoes as well!

^ I completely agree with you Salvatore. Usually, I feel so inspired after a Givenchy collection but this time I'm just bored.

Couldn't agree more.
I don't wanna say it's boring because it really isn't but if I were to compare this to the past couple of seasons then yes, this is boring compared to ricardo's previous collections for the brand. On a more positive note, there's plenty of nice pieces here though.

this is still one of the best shows of the season even if it is similar to what he has done before. It looks like a "Designer" collection compared to a lot of the shows that look like you could find the exact thing at topshop.

beyond good !

it's worth a 20p. spread just for the sake of the collection.

i'm sure a lot will say he's repeating himself. or something like it reminds of ... idk.
but he knows for sure what appeals in his talent and go for it.

brilliant.
well said.
i love everything. the prints are fantastic and even the wedges (i'm not a fan of wedges) are great.

I honestly don't know what to feel about this. More than anything it leaves me cold. It's a fine collection, with plenty of Tisci's signatures and more than enough clothing that will appeal to women when it comes time to buy, but for a Tisci designed collection this is oddly lackluster. Not once while viewing the images did I have a "wow" moment, not one look really hit me over the head, and coming off a fall RTW collection that was full of pieces that made me look twice, I'm honestly disappointed by how little I feel towards this.

His resort collection was more moving than this is. :(

it's all very givenchy and i really love the draped dresses, but nothing here excites me.

looks like a live game of chess to me...

maybe it's the hats...
they look like bishops...^_^
roman...couture...

:wink:

i would buy this entire collection if i had the money

ME TOO! haha, especially the leggings, the pants and the shoes :woot:

I don't think that this is one of his best, but oh I loved what I saw, my eyes are pleased. The geometric prints, the lines, the shoes (I always been into edges shoes, but this spring, I'll abuse), the draping looks so light, the leggings (always have been, and always will be a fan of it),... it,s a great collection!:blush:

Just like that... what's with bleach eye brow this season?

Although this collection is beautiful, the embellishments of jewelery would have rendered this collection breathtaking.

I'm in love with everything from this collection except for the printed pieces.
My faves are the following:
30a3nf4.jpg
2hpho4y.jpg

4ubd03.jpg
2v2jvns.jpg

catwalking

All the shoes are just swoon-worthy!

the blazers and shoes are nice but the pants really F*** it up and those printed leggings and dhoti pants should be burned . To date Ricardo has yet to top his Fall 2007 collection.
totally agree!
those pants.. Eh, they just make these models' thighs look...tremendous, and i'm personally just not a fan of this kind of thigh-loose leg-tight pants-.-

but all the rest r just amazing, especially dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly jumping up and down. But it surely satisfy the Tisci hunger for his fans. I find the seperates are speaking more volumes than the dresses in this. The pleated, draped short numbers look a lil clunky and heavy imo but all in all, a good collection

those graphic prints remind me of Alexander McQueen but I love the collection

Alexander McQueen? I admit than he did in front. but then a closer look. Tisci way smarter than ever.

This collection means everything to me.It's still very Tisci, we can find every signature piece and element he likes, the navy ones, the mysterious prints, the grecian dresses.He always emphasize two sides or faces of women, either innocently beautiful or fiercely powerful and independent, yet taking vains of extreme chicness and boldness.
It's with distinctive and sophisticated charisma, it never bores, i adore it, long live.

I love it because Riccardo just did Givenchy as he always does; very skinny pants, lots of black, great shoes, which is the aesthetic I love. No surprises but a very solid, very likeable and wearable collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->