Givenchy S/S 2016 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Wow the third shot is stunning!! Stunning! Although I hope they were shot in the same location as the newbies..

Gemma is no longer the Gem. Smalls and Stone demolish this campaign. Plus we have Natalia, Mariacarla.... Poor Gemma. The group of new girls look great.

It is very inclusive; "Let's just have EVERYBODY!".

This should have been Leela alone. That would have been be amazing, and more focused.

Seriously, that first picture is everything! Carine's styling and M&M photography really elevate the collection (because it looks cheap on the BTS pics).
The rest? I'm not really impressed by the veterans. Those bags are too present! It's too obvious. I hate that.

Overall, i don't like that many things about Givenchy SS2016.

The collection wasn't great at all but because it was such a spectacle, people felt forced to like/love it.

The same with the campaign: it's quite forgettable but because of the extensive cast, the big names and the gimmicky poem, it will become big!

Go back to I&V Riccardo!

PS: Carine must have found those runway shoes horrible to not include them in her styling...

I hate articles like the one introducing the thread... writers never care about the boys. I like all the shots tho.

The composition of the first pictures with the overall architecture of the set is very interesting and i kinda love it ! Leela definitively Outshines the other girls she truly is the star ... and i really like that her outfit complement the set ... i don't know if it was intentional or not but i like it ! , the second picture is really not great and lackluster imo , the third one is okay , you thought a picture with full veterans would've been amazing but it's not the case i really don't get miranda and iselin and candice are doing there but yeah.. i think overall i would've preferred either veterans ( Lara , Joan , Mariacarla , Gemma) or the newbies (Leela , Imaan , Greta/Isis)

Last edited by a moderator:
The clothes on the younger girls are truly awful. I'm happy for Lineisy, but god damn she looks so bad :(. The blonde girl in front in that photo steal it!
And in the veterans shot Joan, Lara and Gemma look stunning, too bad mcb is too far.
In the end, this doesn't look so terrible. It's crowded, yes. But I can't wait for more or HQs.

^^Such beautiful models whose time in the industry means they know how to "shine" in a picture...all completely ruined by bad photography & ugly clothes.

And they all look so much alike, like wax. It's a shame really when using such great models. And the clothes aren't that good either. :ermm:

I don't know if it's the quality of the pictures, but it falls flat. There is no energy. It has all the ingredients to be totally dope yet it's just mediocre. And maybe it's just me that I can't really see any talent in Joan, but she looks so out of place among models like MCB, Gemma, Iselin or Lara.

Candice just flat lines

Ugh, I wish they'd stop with Candice. This girl was never cut out for HF. She looks completely out of place, as does Lineisy, who should've been omitted. Overall it doesn't look to good and it's easily the most underwhelming campaign I've seen from them.

I hate articles like the one introducing the thread... writers never care about the boys. I like all the shots tho.

I'm with you 100% Legolas. I know they MIGHT get paid only half of what the girls get paid, but sometimes the guys are more interesting than their female counterparts. (Givenchy as well as the new Versace.) I am so glad to see Filip and Alessio, but since Ricardo is using his favorites/"fam", why no Simon Nessman? After all he did the campaign like 6 seasons in a row.

Film much better the photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->