Givenchy S/S 2021 by Heji Shin

it's not like this alyx guy hired himself for this job, you've got to put the blame on lvmh and kering
the suits at those companies are the only reason why fashion is the way it is right now

and that’s the tea.

BUT unfortunately the ones hired, don’t have the talent one thought they did...

How can that outfit on Bella so ill fitting? The fabric looks like the cheapest terylene and then there are those.... I believe they are some kind of "shoes"?

How disappointing, I was hoping the campaign would be strong to elevate the collection because I actually want to like this new Givenchy. However, this looks just like the look book presentation--I had to check if the photographer even changed--so what's the point of shooting a separate campaign? While Carti looks out of place/does not fit this collection, his energy in his photos beats out every other "model" in this campaign. And of course Heji is connected to Kanye.

Givenchy Creative Director | Matthew M. Williams
Creative Director | Peter Miles
Photographer | Heji Shin
Talent | Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Playboi Carti, Anok Yai & Liam Powers
Stylist | Lotta Volkova
Hair | Akki Shirakawa
Makeup | Aaron de Mey

givenchy.com

Bella's shot had a lot of potential but the cropping (and the shoes) kills it.

Unsurprisingly, Anok is the best of the bunch.

Amateur Hour (Photographer and Designer). And can someone please explain why Anok's outfit looks like it's made out of beef jerky?

Couldn't look more Bottega if they tried, I've made peace with that. But at least Bottega's campaigns were always about rich photography. What can we expect from Givenchy looking forward?

I do like the photography and composition. If I picture every image on the back cover of a magazine I think it would look great. The red shot is definitely the best of the lot, stylistically it's different from everything else. Very minimalist and chic. But those platform sandals that Bella is wearing is the worst thing I've seen in fashion for some time. :sick:

This would've been so much better with models only.

I actually like the campaign. I think the photography is good and overall the subjects gives a good energy (considering who they are).

The only problem is that those are only good pictures. Except for the chunky necklaces, nothing is desirable. From the bags to the clothes, there’s nothing good and the desire to look « cool » and « edgy » is too obvious...

The campaign is very millenials oriented and I think it’s a mistake when you have weak propositions in terms of fashion.

It’s quite sad that Riccardo spend 10+ years to establish Givenchy again in the landscape of brands that counts and since he left, it seems like the brand’s desirability is decreasing more and more.

Don't kill me, but I like this. Anok's shot is very strong in my opinion.

The accesories and clothes look so cheap, like the subjects styled themselves in whatever they could find in a duty-free boutique. I also cannot stand how wide he cuts jackets, total eyesore on a woman, Kendall looks ridiculous.

The photography is quite ok, the colors are pleasant and at a glance it could almost fool you into believing those rags are something worth drooling over.

The accesories and clothes look so cheap, like the subjects styled themselves in whatever they could find in a duty-free boutique. I also cannot stand how wide he cuts jackets, total eyesore on a woman, Kendall looks ridiculous.

The photography is quite ok, the colors are pleasant and at a glance it could almost fool you into believing those rags are something worth drooling over.
Double like!

Givenchy Creative Director | Matthew M. Williams
Creative Director | Peter Miles
Photographer | Heji Shin
Talent | Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Playboi Carti, Anok Yai & Liam Powers
Stylist | Lotta Volkova
Hair | Akki Shirakawa
Makeup | Aaron de Mey

Full campaign:

artpartner

^there are better images! very surprised actually!

still not crazy about the background colours contrasting with the clothes/ models and it’s crispiness but I like it much better now (the new images).

The coloured background, the poses, the way it is cropped give a whole thing a vibe that it is not bad but it is so straight forward, not an ounce of dream and they failed to sell anything. I don't want the shoes, nor the bags by looking at this campaign.

Matthew needs someone else than Lotta. She does not help to elevate the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->