Givenchy S/S 2021 by Heji Shin

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid & Playboi Carti:

I’ll give him three seasons (maybe four) and he’ll be out.

OMG wtf is this. Someone need to remind Matthew that this is a French heritage couture house, and not Calabasas Fashion Nova. How can you go from Steven Meisel to this?

The way they so desperately trying to push the chunky accessories and those locks bag is just poor taste. And the shoes department should be illegal.

Clare doesn't need to lose any sleeps because beside Arivenchy everything she have done for Givenchy was done tastefully. The suits should have more confident in her and let her extending her vision. Now I need to know which sorcery Nicolas Ghesquière and Jonathan Anderson use in order to make the suits allow them do whatever they want :ninja:.

This just looks like a lookbook? It would have also been much stronger if we had some actual models here.

I have to admit Kendall's shot is the best among these 3. Too bad, the bag is blatantly placed there to sell.

The casting is so unimaginative and the pictures aren’t strong so…

I’d rather have legit models.

The images are fine I guess, I hope there would be a bit more range or a story, all the campaigns look like lookbooks these days...

The problem is the clothing. This is fine for an accessories brand but not Givenchy. We surely don't need another Bottega.

I actually like Bella and Anok’s shots but Kendall as usual looks lifeless and boring

According to WWD the subjects styled themselves for this campaign which... honestly explains a lot.

I mean honestly it is not the worst imagery, I actually think the clothes look kind of ok... but NOT if the name is Givenchy! A part of me sometimes thinks it's maybe time to stop putting new designers into the heritage brands because it just gets worse... let them shut down and be remembered for the iconic designs they once embodied. But of course this is not how the fashion world works.

if they had developed the same idea starting from the 1st picture with Kendall it could’ve been much better... even if Kendall isn’t delivering anything here... I mean she has fiercer/ stronger pictures on her Instagram profile... these women live in front of a camera even if it’s an iPhone one. I swear I don’t get it. Kendall does suit more (when she delivers) the doey-eyed look though...

then the shot with Bella is just ridiculous (I cannot past those ugly a$$ shoes) and the rest of the cast is just random and all the shots are so weak! it’s soooooo sooooo amateur and lacklustre!

So this is what Givenchy is today? This once ICONIC brand that used to dress Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Jackie Kennedy, aristocrats, royalty, ect.... Givenchy is supposed to be a brand that emphasizes on romantic femininity and elegance. OMG my fashion heart is aching :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->