Gossip Girl Fashion (November 2010 - January 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilee

Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
• Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
• Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
• Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
• Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
• To view previous thread, click here.

Thank you.

Leighton Meester 2010-11-15 - On Set of Gossip Girl
- Celebrity-Paradise.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The shoes are the only thing I like about Blair's outfit.

They need to let Blair wear pants sometimes, she did during the first season and still looked Blairesque

^ Blair? Pants? Does not compute... :blink:

That's because we're too used to seeing her in dresses and skirts, but there was several episodes durring season 1 where she shown in pants. She looked quite stylish too.

What might shock your mind even more is that Serena used to dress rather modestly. In season 1, she was always covered up. She was in non-revealing but supersexy clothing. Nowadays, every outfit she wears either has her boobs or her legs exposed.

I think Eric Damen has become just as bad as the writers: he caricatures the characters rather than let them be mulitifaceted individuals. Therefore, Blair is always dressed as superfeminine preppy girlygirl princess even though she has evolved into someone more complex and less fairy-tale-oriented. Serena's been reduced to the sl*tty It Girl, Dan's always dressed in plaid to reveal his earthy hipsterdom, and Lily is hopelessly Jackie O-ed, Chuck is the over-the-top businessman with Daddy Issues, etc.. (Which isn't to say I don't enjoy the fashion on the show: I covet nearly everything Blair and Lily wear, but the fantasy fashion extremes can sometimes drive me as nuts as the creaky repetitive plotlines.)

I think she was even wearing jeans in one episode. JEANS!
wild_roses, couldn't agree more.

Blake Lively @ ''Gossip Girl'' TV Film Set 16-11-2010 - Celebrity-Paradise.com

I remember there was that great Blair outfit with leggings and a cape.

I loved what Serena wore in season 1! Actually season 1 was overall the best season costume wise. Everyone wanted what everyone was wearing, it was done so well. It sounds so silly to use this word in regards to a TV show, but there were definitely some iconic looks in there.

^ I agree that season 1 was definitely the best, but I do have to say that the styling for season 4 is MILES better than that of season 3!!

I know you guys are experts in this. Could you please help me to ID this looks? On the first one - Blair's look. On the Second one - Serena's.

pics from celebutopia, chuckandblair.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 6
Blair's outfit #1:
- Vince Fingerprint Plaid Pencil Skirt
- Diane Von Furstenberg "Marcelo" Wrap Top

Serena's outfit:
- Emilio Pucci Spring 2010 Metallic Jacket
- Joie Saunders Metallic Stripe Tank
- Tibi Spring 2010 Blue Pants
- Brian Atwood Loca Platform Pumps

Blair's outfit #2:
- Jennifer Behr Vintage Gold Knot Headwrap
- Nanette Lepore Green Ferry Boat Coat
- Stuart Weitzman Clutch Pockets Shoulder Bag
- Pour La Victoire Women's Tatienne Pump

Chuck's outfit:
- J. Press Polka Dot Silk Patchwork Scarf

via coolspotters

Hope someone will help with the other details.

Sometimes the wardrobe department tries way to hard and it comes off so silly and comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->