Goyard bags / luggage

PrinceOfCats said:
Number one. Goyard is so much classier than trash like Louis Vuitton and the ultimate old lady brand, Hermes.

:lol:

I choose the 1st one too. I like that shape the most out of the three.

i'd go for the st. louis shopper bag (the one in red)...but personally i'd pick it in yellow...with a custom color-stripe painted down the center :heart:

goyard_st_louis_yellow.jpg

I'm not particularly keen on any of them, If, sec, you are hesitant about the fact it has an all over logo, have a look round for a bag you really love and know you will use :flower:

Goyard luggage

Hello,

Having no Goyard availability near me I cannot examine the items.

However how would people say Gyard's luggage craftsmanship, etc. compares with Hermes?

Or Louis Vuitton for that matter.

It seems though that Hermes still ranks above Goyard in stature.

Thank you.

Incroyable,

I quite like Goyard and think they make beautiful pieces. Their monogram is especially interesting. Also, they aren't terribly well known, so using one for a travel bag isn't nearly as conspicuous as the LV monogram, nor is it going to attract nearly as much unwanted attention.

In terms of quality, they are on par with LV, or I would say even better. They have a much more handmade, old world feel... although perhaps that is just because of their more limited availability.

Hermes is of a higher quality overall, which leads to their "higher stature" as you mentioned... but Hermes is also about twice as expensive. A $1400 Goyard unstructured travel bag would be at least $2700 or more at Hermes.

I have a few Goyard pieces and think they're great. In the US, Barney's is the only place that I know of that carries them. In Japan, the Shinjuku Isetan and Loveless carry Goyard. I believe that they have exclusive rights to distribute Goyard in their stores.

Hope it helps!
John

rach2jlc said:
Incroyable,

I quite like Goyard and think they make beautiful pieces. Their monogram is especially interesting. Also, they aren't terribly well known, so using one for a travel bag isn't nearly as conspicuous as the LV monogram, nor is it going to attract nearly as much unwanted attention.

In terms of quality, they are on par with LV, or I would say even better. They have a much more handmade, old world feel... although perhaps that is just because of their more limited availability.

Hermes is of a higher quality overall, which leads to their "higher stature" as you mentioned... but Hermes is also about twice as expensive. A $1400 Goyard unstructured travel bag would be at least $2700 or more at Hermes.

I have a few Goyard pieces and think they're great. In the US, Barney's is the only place that I know of that carries them. In Japan, the Shinjuku Isetan and Loveless carry Goyard. I believe that they have exclusive rights to distribute Goyard in their stores.

Hope it helps!
John

Yes, I think their pattern is quite a change from all the other labels. Also the option of adding the painted stripes, monograms is rather fun.

I have a Vuitton Epi Keepall so it is not like a Monogram situation.

As for Hermes I only have a vintage piece, an Haut Courieres, that after 50+ years is somewhat timeworn but nonetheless is still going strong. I am going to send it for restoration.

Luggage is one of my "fetishes." I also love vintage dressing cases outfitted with the sterling silver/gold bottles, ivory/tortoiseshell items, etc.

Thank you.

Incroyable,

Wow, those are really cool interests/hobbies!

In terms of luggage, I'm also quite a fan of smaller labels like Borbonese and Valextra. You've probably heard of them before, but if not, I'd say they are definitely worth a look. At least with Valextra... the designs are so subtle, classic, and sharp. I quite like them.

Regards,
John

Hi,

Is anyone considering one of these bags for this year?

I'd heard about these bags but always thought, eh, nothing special. However, I finally saw a someone carry it IRL recently: a girl in her early 20s at Fred Segal. The bag was so cool-looking and surprisingly pretty on that it knocked me on my ***. (Pardon the language) I really want now, esp. the tote.

Does anyone have one? If so, how do you like it?

I have been considering buying a Goyard tote (after Christmas, and holiday bills are caught up) I, too would like to see a picture if anyone has any.

A Goyard boutique is opening up in San Francisco so if any of you ladies are interested in a couple pieces, wait awhile and you'll be able to try them on at the boutique. =>

I've been to their shop in Paris and I love the pieces... but isn't everything canvas? It's awfully expensive for non-leather bags.
I do like the St Louis's.
I'm scared if I finally do cough up the $$ for one I'll start seeing them everywhere :shock:
Post pics if you have some!
Here's some I had in my files, it probably comes from their website. The tiny one was so cute I asked the salesperson how much it was. It took all I had to keep a neutral facial expression when he said it was 700 euros :ninja: It's so small it doesn't fit a coins wallet!

If I ever get super rich and travel a lot, I would love to have goyard luggage. They're bags are a little bit plain though. They're avalible at barneys.com :smile:

I read on another thread that if you bring in a picture, they can put almost any image on your bag. Cool.

Also, I went to Barney's the other day, and they have like every style there. The store has a rainbow of colors in the tote available, just hanging on a rack. ^_^

It's so interesting that they don't advertise, nor (seemingly) send free bags to celebs. Maybe they purposely don't want the "It" bag label?

A funny bit I forgot to tell... I knew Goyard was high class, but I didn't know they were so outrageously priced.
And in the Goyard boutique ... there just weren't any price indication! On the first floor, it's like a big room with pieces strewn here and there, trunks, small bags... To die for!! But no prices!!
That's why I had to ask the salesperson (which I'm sure has a better name than that :wink: ) for the price of the cute bag! :heart:

vintagegurl said:
A funny bit I forgot to tell... I knew Goyard was high class, but I didn't know they were so outrageously priced.
And in the Goyard boutique ... there just weren't any price indication! On the first floor, it's like a big room with pieces strewn here and there, trunks, small bags... To die for!! But no prices!!
That's why I had to ask the salesperson (which I'm sure has a better name than that :wink: ) for the price of the cute bag! :heart:

I think there's some reasoning as to why high-end boutiques don't include the prices on display but I don't know it, anyone care to share their insights?

Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior, etc. all do this! That's why I online-shop for things I'm interested in before I go to the shop, I know the prices so there's no big :shock: on my face when the SA tells me. Haha!

mello_yello_jen said:
I think there's some reasoning as to why high-end boutiques don't include the prices on display but I don't know it, anyone care to share their insights?

Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior, etc. all do this! That's why I online-shop for things I'm interested in before I go to the shop, I know the prices so there's no big :shock: on my face when the SA tells me. Haha!

Maybe the price tags ruin the look of the bag, and "cheapen" it?

mello_yello_jen said:

here, they do have price tags, but they're inside the bag, so you have to unzip or open it and take the tag out to see how much something costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->