Goyard bags / luggage

vintagegurl said:
I've been to their shop in Paris and I love the pieces... but isn't everything canvas? It's awfully expensive for non-leather bags.
I do like the St Louis's.
I'm scared if I finally do cough up the $$ for one I'll start seeing them everywhere :shock:
Post pics if you have some!
Here's some I had in my files, it probably comes from their website. The tiny one was so cute I asked the salesperson how much it was. It took all I had to keep a neutral facial expression when he said it was 700 euros :ninja: It's so small it doesn't fit a coins wallet!

goyard is extremely expensive, but of all the high end labels, i really do think it's the most worth it. when i get that kind of money i do intend to buy some goyard.

yes...the fabric is canvas...but these bags are very special. they utilise a special hemp canvas that is created especially for goyard, and it is coated in natural rubber to make it water-resistant. the chevron pattern that you see on all of the bags is NOT a print... each and every bag is individually handpainted with a series of tan or white dots that make up the pattern. :heart:

:crush:

Omigosh, didn't know about the handpainting... It must take forever. The price seems more justified now.

Here's a pic from the Barney's catalogue. It's surprisingly gorgeous in white. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Interesting article from the Sunday Times UK, 10/23/05...

Who's got it?; Fashion;Sponsored supplement

Claudia Croft

We'll all want to copy Kirsten Dunst (right), who has emerged as the most stylish young actress of her generation and, at 23, has many years of dressing up and looking stunning ahead of her. Dunst's bold choice of work mirrors her idiosyncratic style. She is a Kidman in the making -a woman with the power to start trends and lend her superstar cachet to global brands. Already Dunst is adored by fashion houses as prestigious as Chanel, Chloe, Lanvin and Roland Mouret -and she looks just as good off-duty in her jeans as she does on the red carpet.

* Fashion is entering an era of sobriety. The bling-bling culture that dominated the early part of the decade has subsided and instead of piling on the glitz, directional brands have become serious. The worst thing you can do is be overexposed -in every way. If you want to be fashionable, that means no ostentatious displays of flesh, no paparazzi-pleasing outfits and no obvious labels. Black is back and silhouettes are refined and ladylike. In 2000, it was all about a big fox fur, a tiny dress and a ton of diamonds. Moving into 2006, it's all about a limited-edition embroidered cashmere coat in black by a designer that your cleaning lady has not heard of (Peter Som, Lanvin, Francisco Rosas, Martin Grant) and a made-to-order Pounds 5,000 handbag by a brand that is not available in duty-free stores (Valextra, Goyard
, Bottega Veneta).

* Exclusivity is the new buzz word and fashion-conscious women will increasingly buy from unknown designers who offer a couture-like quality to their clothes instead of blindly following the pack. It will become chic for people not to know what brand you are wearing. Big global names such as Prada, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior are already responding by releasing limited-edition, hugely expensive pieces or offering to customise their designs to make them more exclusive"

At Coach we have brown hangtags that hang behind the Lozenge, so you can find out the price but it's still inconspicuous. I find price tags all over the place to be very unsightly and somewhat...cheap. At the same time though, when SA's have to flip through a book to find out the price, it's a little annoying.

Ive always loved Goyard when I first saw it. Sooo clean soo sleek, none of that LV trash. Goyard is so understated. Id get a shopping tote in the blue with my initials. OH and a initialed passport case, now that's something that would perk my interest.

The catalogue says the tote is $745.

Custom stripes - $75
Custom crown - $150

Pretty pricey! But it looks really durable.

Diorling said:
. At the same time though, when SA's have to flip through a book to find out the price, it's a little annoying.

surely a good assistant will consign all prices to memory:wink:

FYI for Goyard afficionados:
Goyard has opened a store in San Francisco on Post and Powell.
This is their first freestanding store in the U.S.,
having had their other 2 boutiques within Barneys NY and Barneys LA.
I guess they are really going mainstream soon. A brand to watch out for.

seeing_double said:
I wish they would open a freestanding store in NY.

I'm surprised there isn't one. we just got one in sf that I'm going to check out soon.

Shucks. Friend just left sf or I would have asked him to check out the store yesterday.

I'm really liking the saint louis, and hope to own one.

Last edited by a moderator:
ick! i dont like them at all. there's absolutely nothing to the shape of them and the print makes me dizzy and think of 1970's wallpaper, or cheapo hotel carpeting from the eighties.........

I think the saint louis would be most versatile as it has no structure and is ULTRA light. But I would probably save up to own a Croisiere... it's a pretty grandma-ish bag but then again, we are all gonna grow old one day :D

im not too keen on any of those three, imo. i'd go for a shopping tote for starters... i like the monogram pattern NOT bec its monogram but because its hand painted. the beauty is all in the details. appparently the Goyard family will be in san francisco for the formal opening of the boutique. luggage royalty :D

I'd go w/ the St. Louis tote too. It looks great on, and surprisingly chic. The Jersey is really hard (like helmet-hard) in person.

i went to the store in sf on christmas eve and it is fabulous!!

i asked the SAs why san francisco, and the manager said the family loves the city, and that many orders come from sf...he also said it doesn't look like nyc is getting the next freestanding store...it will probably go to LA, Dallas, Boston or Vegas...

i ordered the small St. Louis in white, which was sold out...i'm soooo excited!!! :woot:

No boutique for NYC?! :blink: I can only hope that NY gets a boutique soon. They're really selling well at Barneys but a freestanding store would be wonderful. I see alot of people in the city wearing Goyard. It is such a sleek and understated brand. That tote looks so classic, I'm quite tempted.

Help me pick

I can't decide what color to get in the (above) St. Louis tote. Any suggestions guys?

The colors I'm thinking of are:
Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Green

Also,
What color stripes would you get w/ the tote?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

question.

i saw a woman carrying a goyard piece, but i cant identify it from the barneys site.
it was similar to a speedy 30-35 in size and shape.
could it be a smaller version of the crosiere or the boeing?
and how much are they?
probably wont be buying one in the immdt future, but still curious.

help- :smile:

nevermind.

found it on barneys website.

it was probably the crosiere 35, $1475.

Goyard is amazing, I have some of their bags and luggage, it is incredibly durable...:wub: It is worth the money, IMO :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->