Gucci F/W 10.11 : Raquel Zimmermann and Nikola Jovanovic by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot

After seeing them as a set, I'm just not impressed. There's just too much dimensional contortion, i.e. the extremely wide angle lens, along with the angle its shot from, the saturated color and styling with the location. It just feels too unnatural. When taking the over the top, exaggerated sex-oriented images Gucci tends to advertise into account, M&M would definitely seem like the appropriate photographers to commission. However, I'm afraid that someone else would have done better at this point.

I really wish they would have continued in the direction they were going for with Pre-fall. I liked the fact that they were looking down on the models in most of the images, eliminating the use of the blue sky (which makes it pretty much identifiable with every SS campaign that's been shot on a poolside or in the desert). And it's much more believable that such beautiful people would be sunbathing alongside a fast car in the desert, versus vamping it up beside some random golden cube chair.

i think in print these are just stunning one of their best ads ever

eyewear (sorry i was short of time so the edge is missing on this one!)

my scans from elle uk september 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you gossiping :flower: I love the eyewear image! :woot: It should look great in print.

This campaign keeps getting better and better. I gasped when I saw those two new shots in UK Elle.
One thing for sure, these look incredible in print. Loving the more close-up shots.

^ I agree. Every shot is dynamic and striking.

Though, I wonder if every Gucci campaign (under M&M) from now on is going to be like this except with a different location. What's next season? A waterfall? And the next? A farm? I mean seriously.

^ I agree. Every shot is dynamic and striking.

Though, I wonder if every Gucci campaign (under M&M) from now on is going to be like this except with a different location. What's next season? A waterfall? And the next? A farm? I mean seriously.

Well,the waterfall would be awesome!:P

i don't like this...it's just so fake,photoshopped and plastic.:(:(:(:(

i wouldn't mind a Gucci campaign on a farm LOL

we had something similar for a fall winter campaign (those fields in the wilderness?), but maybe M&M will make it look actually good this time?

Last edited by a moderator:
first shot in higher quality

my scan from harper's bazaar uk september 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"