Haider Ackermann F/W 10.11 Paris

this is reallly great.... one of the better collections of the fall season (not that there was much competition anyway)

This was my favourite collection of all, it was just perfection to me.
Haider makes all my dreams come true.

Yeah, fashion month is over and it was by FAR my favourite collection. It had everything to me - different textures, lines, cuts, it was artistic yet wearable and I have been obsessing over it since I saw the collection.

For some reason this collection reminds me of Princess Amidala's wardrobe from the Stars Wars movies. That can only be a good thing.

Very keen observation. The lacework is very reminiscent of Queen Amidala's black Aubrey Beardsley-esque travel gown from The Phantom Menace...

And I can't help but think Mr. Ackermann's been pillaging Romeo Gigli's archives for that otherworldly and modern silhouette. It's strongly beautiful and so-right-of-the-moment no doubt, but the ghost of Gigli lingers strongly in this collection for me.

hi this might be a little off subject or a repeat topic, but does anyone own any HA footwear? does it run true to size? small? large? it would be a big help if anyone could help me out! thanks so much in advance :smile:

hi this might be a little off subject or a repeat topic, but does anyone own any HA footwear? does it run true to size? small? large? it would be a big help if anyone could help me out! thanks so much in advance :smile:

In my experience, HA boots run big (I'm not sure about sandals). I have a pair of Haider stiletto boots from a few seasons ago and the 37 fits beautifully, but usually I take a 37.5 or 38.

If I am correct they are manufactured in the same factory as Ann D boots which also can run a bit big.

I hope that helps!

In my experience, HA boots run big (I'm not sure about sandals). I have a pair of Haider stiletto boots from a few seasons ago and the 37 fits beautifully, but usually I take a 37.5 or 38.

If I am correct they are manufactured in the same factory as Ann D boots which also can run a bit big.

I hope that helps!

feather ~ thanks so much! i remember trying on a pair of suede HA heels...i usually take a 39, but i remember that 39 being a bit tight. i'm guessing it was just the style. i'm eyeing a pair of boots and it's between a 39 and a 40 and i'm totally lost on which way to go...again, thanks you for your reply! xo.

feather ~ thanks so much! i remember trying on a pair of suede HA heels...i usually take a 39, but i remember that 39 being a bit tight. i'm guessing it was just the style. i'm eyeing a pair of boots and it's between a 39 and a 40 and i'm totally lost on which way to go...again, thanks you for your reply! xo.

if the shoes you want are the high-heeled ankle boots with a zip (from this f/w season) i know that they run quite small (but i dont know how the fit is for flat boots).

AlinaTenTwenty - arh! I guess this means that there's a bit of inconsistency in sizing between seasons!! That drives me so crazy!! I just had a look at my boots again to make sure, and yes, they were from 2 winters ago and I'd say they ran a bit big length-wise, but in terms of width and fit through the ankle I'd say true to size.....

I'm absolutely dying for these two styles this season -

show_image.php

show_image.php

Both pics taken from monamoore.com

My favourite shoe store!

I cant believe I hadnt seen this collection ... Im madly and utterly in love with the laser-cut leather pieces ... and those obi belts are soooo amazing .. theyd go with everything!

On another note, even though its related, lets keep discussing the collection (no the shoe size ... if need more info/input, please PM other users or start a thread on the Shoes Shoes Shoes forum :flower:

girlandthesea - thanks so much for the additional info....!!!!

feather - this is the first time i've seen that top heeled boot....they are so simple but so gorgeous! nice choices!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->