Haider Ackermann Mens S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Haider-Ackermann-Menswear-Paris-Men-SS15-7428-1403720919-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Haider-Ackermann-Menswear-Paris-Men-SS15-7443-1403720998-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion

i just keep imaging myself in a pair of his pants. Ive never been one to mix a ton of colors and prints but he has made me want to try. Great stuff

since that Prada jacket covered in flowers and hawaian stuff (this season's jkts), I'm feeling like buying one silk flower patterned jkt..... And this one is AMAZING !

(Edouard P. - love of my teen years... among others)

who styles his shows? this collection is so well put together. i don't even care if this is menswear, i would wear all of these in a heartbeat :P

Everytime I try on his pieces in store I never know how to wear it. The bends and twists in the jackets and waistcoats are very confusing.

That said: I love this and I want to cover my bed with every look.

Is it just me or has Haider gotten really tacky?

Does anyone else see how oh so very similar this stuff is to John Galliano's menswear?

Oh Haider

The clothes are fantastic but not everyone could pull this off. I'm impress with they way they put things together; it's messy in a good way.

I always worship his collections for women...never for men.

The construction is always messy, it's a mix of everything and nothing at the same time. And to me it looks like a lot of vintage pieces bought on a fleamarket put together...

It's nice as a look but the construction and pattern cutting of his pieces looks like he had his women's pattern cutters make larger versions for men instead of working with somebody who does men's tailored clothing... I think that's what could be associated as being tacky, at least it does to me.

yeah i must say as much as i adore his richness and mixes of materials this does feel a bit too much...like steven tyler too much. and there does seem to be more of a lack of thoughtfulness we've seen from him in previous seasons. probably his most self-indulgent collection i've seen from him.

^^^ I'm not a fan of all those scarves either:lol:

Is it just me or has Haider gotten really tacky?

Does anyone else see how oh so very similar this stuff is to John Galliano's menswear?

Oh Haider

Well, it's very heavily styled... but I don't see the tacky-- I mean, it's not Versace by way of Liberace. Or, just have a gander over at the Balmain thread.

Haider menswear feels to me like the offspring of Romeo Gigli and Ann Demeulemeester. I can appreciate him for doing his own thing, but it's nothing I'd be interested in buying, or wearing since I'd probably end up looking like a Genie. The silk blazer in that perfect shade of dusty rose with the perfect shoulders is beautiful, but they're more clothes for dinner and garden parties-- or lounging around somewhere in Tangier under a sheltering sky, that sort of thing.

I can't see anyone running around the city, getting into cars, cabs, the subway, in these clothes. There's a time and place for Haider's brand of fashion and style, and unfortunately, my life neither is that time nor at that place.

^and i am such addict for scarves too!

you know i see it more as campy in the way of sort of an leftbank opium den bohemian 60's....

Easily one of my top 5 collections of the season. That opening look has me hooked: the leather skinny trousers styled with those sandals and then mixed so effortlessly with the satin jacket and stripes. Like, it just oozes cool. I just love his mix of fabrics and prints here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->