Haider Ackermann S/S 2012 Paris

What I love about his work it's that all the magic lies in the details. There's always this achievement and research on making the tiniest detail the most refined possible which is simply fascinating. That's why his collections are always such a hit. He makes you go further than just a pretty looking garment. It's a feeling that becomes more and more rare during fashion weeks.

I'm torn on this collection. On the one hand I love the clothes, love the fabrics (they're a bit much, yes, but I kind of like that), the silhouette of the opening suits, and of course the draping. On the other I have no idea who he thinks is actually going to wear those pants, some of the looks are a little overwrought, and I kind of miss some of the more soigne elements that are usually present.

Overall it's not my favorite Ackermann collection, but I do like it.

For me (so far) this is the collection of the season. So wonderful, so stunning. I agree with those who have declared it "perfection". I love almost every look. It's so mysterious, and magical. I see a lot of 90's and I really like that.

I think so much is abstract or implied... hard to explain what I mean (I have no idea how to describe art) but it is the absolute opposite of literal. It's so haunting; it projects such an atmosphere.

I usually don't really get the Haider hype, but this time I do. The prints are so magical. I think it's an explosion of quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything I needed, imagined, wished and hope for and more! This just to beautiful for my life! The cuts, structure, colors, EVERYTHING!

Very masculine pieces, yet feminine. I loved everything very much, the silhouettes, the fabrics and the colours. Those flat shoes got me into thinking though, I dont know if anyone could pull them off that easily. I also didnt enjoy those ruffles in some jackets, maybe they were a little too much I dont know.. But apart from that, everything else was such a treat for the eyes!

Genious! If I had to pin point something of a weaker quality or less amazing, it would be the last dress on Natasha.

The styling reminds me a lot of the way Tina Chow used to dress. I can't help but love.

He needs to be the most overrated designer ever...when i was a kid i made the same with the sheets that my mom took out of bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->