Haider Ackermann S/S 2012 Paris

how's the sales going? i dont think it would be positive...haider's clothes are hard to wear...

Well, I've read somewhere (I'm sorry it don't remember where exactly, but since he has having a huge exhibition in Paris right now, which was breathtaking by the way, he had a lot of press lately) that there is demand, he himself doesn't want to produce too much, because this is not the goal of his art, what he's creating.

OVERRATED!! I really liked his last colection but this time is more of the same!
I loved the final dress...i hope i can see it in the oscars...

I expected to be disappointed by this after seeing the first few looks but this is divine :heart: I could totally do without the Aladdin trousers but everything else is perfection. The black leather look towards the end on Ruby Aldridge is the sexiest look I've seen on the runway all season :wub:

I've heard my friend told me that he's more a stylist than a designer, his sketch is really rough and mostly every design is supervising by his assistant. I love the color and really want to know how's the sales going. I'm sure there's demand. But again, how many women can actually handle his clothes ?!

only things i don't like are all those exposed boob looks (a bit too simple, no?) and the shoes. the shoes are odd...

but a lot of those looks with some nice high heels, would be deliriously gorgeous.

This makes me wish I was I skinny rich b*tch, I'd look at myself in the mirror the entire day....

OVERRATED!! I really liked his last colection but this time is more of the same!
I think a lot of the Parisian designers are vastly overrated on tfs. Nicholas/Balenciaga comes to mind. :innocent:
Did Haider's inspiration for this collection come from staring at his own reflection in a mirror wearing pajamas and a robe? :rolleyes:

I'm not getting all the love for this collection at all. This is quite disappointing to me, especially after his previous collection. It just seems messy and unflattering to me.

I think a lot of the Parisian designers are vastly overrated on tfs. Nicholas/Balenciaga comes to mind. :innocent:
Did Haider's inspiration for this collection come from staring at his own reflection in a mirror wearing pajamas and a robe? :rolleyes:

OMG...thank you!! You said it all!
Inspirations of the colection "last colection, robes and cheap fabrics"

Haider Ackermann| Spring Summer 2012 | Preview/Full Edited Show | Exclusive on You Tube (Original Soundtrack from Show)

I like this much more than his last fall collection. Don't know why....less gimmicky, more beautiful. One of the best this season.

hmmm.....i feel rather underwhelmed by this actually. and i do not like iridescent material like this. i'm not sure if he was trying to go for a certain richness but it really isn't working. it really takes away from the painstaking craftsmanship in these clothes. in other words it looks really cheap.

as for all this talk about overrated....no question haider is a supreme master.....i mean let's be honest,he's hardly jeremy scott. with that said,i actually prefer his work in his early seasons rather than this drapey,sculptural,monastic nomad work he's producing these days. i liked his perspective then....it was a bit like cultural interpreter miguel adrover in a certain way only less literal and the clothes were breathtaking well made.

I am curious about the stylist of this collection who transform the beautiful garment into an artpiece

Absolute perfection in elegance. The subtle evolution and blending between the menswear and the womenswear is breathtaking. While yes, it does seem familiar, I like that it's not a complete 180 in terms of direction. Speaks to his sensual character. And the colors oh god, makes me just want to walk around naked with a glass of wine.

I really like the combination of patterns and colours with the Haider silhouette. I just don't understand the see-through chiffon and the use of unflattering-couloured satin. And for the pants, I'm really intrigued by their shapes. I think they will look much better if they're not in satin.

Gorgeous if at times garish. I find all the silk satins to be a bit overkill in their luster and feelings of uneasiness (such precious materials are so easy to ruin). Not so sure about those gemmed blazers either. But Haider is a radical talent in that he stays true to himself and changes slowly only as he sees fit. That is commendable. Looks like he focused on more practical pieces, really amazing actually pieces, although the evening wear this time, oddly, are not some of his best work.

if i had the money....I would but EVERY piece of Ackermann's work...from the very beginning of his career.

It would be ACKERMANIA!

PLUS.....isnt it just so amazing to have the models slowed right down......Its so much more graceful and elegant than seeing them storm down the runway like mad-women. It brings another dimention to the clothes and the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->