Harper's Bazaar Australia January 2010 : Victoria Beckham by Alexi Lubomirski

Great cover pic, shame they had to f**ck it up with the terrible font and text placement.

What I love on the cover is the font that says "New Glamour". ^_^ Nice reprint though!

I want Russian Bazaar to use this cover... And I doubt they'll use.

Australian Bazaar has really mastered the art of making a good picture look cheap and tacky with their typography...

^ That made me laugh! Maybe it's because of the colors

Hahaha, I didn't even realize the text was made of neon lights until you mentioned it! Blind much? :lol:

Not blind at all, because neon lights don't fade at the ends, so this looks more like a pen that's running out.

I do remember seeing one Vogue magazine from years ago that did the neon light effect in the masthead itself. Vogue Italia December 1976, I can only find this tiny cover from fashion-iconography.net... yes, it makes the cover look like the story of a streetwalker, but you get the idea, and I do wish an edition of Vogue would try something with this effect again. The thought is now out there...

Attachments

• VOIT7612 Barbieri.jpg
    VOIT7612 Barbieri.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 138
i'm confused... how exactly is it 'exclusive'? do they mean australian exclusive (do they not realise that you can buy harpers uk at the moment, in fact, embarassingly enough, it is on newstands now)? because it's very misleading and i was hit by a wave of deja vu when i started to read the article on VB... i was like, haven't i read this before? and of course, it was reprinted word for word from harpers UK. i suppose from the cover line i harboured some sort of pointless hope that they might have interviewed her themselves (like they did with Aniston in October which was adjoined with an 'exclusive') but no. great way to start the year...

Queen V - 12 pages, reprint from Harpers UK december 09

Bling - 12 pages, styled by Mark Vassalo, shot by Kane Skennar, Model Elena Sudakova
basically haute couture jewelry and swimsuits in an idyllic paradise.

10 up - 8 pages, shot by Jason Lloyd-Evans, a series of backstage photos with quotes from 4 designers (they stretched the photographs over 2 pages) about what they expect from 2010. Burberry, Gucci, Givenchy and Viktor and Rolf. Edited by Katrina Israel.

easy pieces - 10 pages, shot by Nathaniel Goldberg, styled by Ludivine Poiblanc, model Maryna Linchuk, reprint from November 2009 Harper's Bazaar US

Ones to watch in 2021 - 8 pages edited by Katrina Israel, new faces in areas of 'it', music, movies, art, models, fashion, beauty, design, architecture, travel, food... only really becomes interesting when they stop gushing about various party girls on the NYC or london scene.

supermodels - 6 pages, styled by brana wolf shot by peter lindbergh, claudia, cindy, helena, amber, shalom, tatiana, reprint harper's us september 2009

dannii - 4 pages including 2 page article by Elizabeth Colman, styled by mark vassalo, shot by georges antoni.
the trials and tribulations of being the 'other' minogue sister, basically.

also this issue is the January/February 2010 issue if a mod could edit the title... the next issue will be the March 2010 issue out in February, i think Aus Bazaar only does 10 issues a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not blind at all, because neon lights don't fade at the ends, so this looks more like a pen that's running out.

I do remember seeing one Vogue magazine from years ago that did the neon light effect in the masthead itself. Vogue Italia December 1976, I can only find this tiny cover from fashion-iconography.net... yes, it makes the cover look like the story of a streetwalker, but you get the idea, and I do wish an edition of Vogue would try something with this effect again. The thought is now out there...

Yeah, Rollingstone used the same effect for a recent U2 cover with hot pink neon and I loved the effect.

Here is the non-subscriber's cover.

25180912YY_hbm_L.jpg

Source: magshop.com.au

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"