UK Harper's Bazaar December 2009 : Victoria Beckham by Alexi Lubomirski

Marion could totally be on the January cover, she has Nine to promote, and they need to give the woman some covers, not just to Kidman,Hudson & Cruz!!!

I hope so!
If I could pick any mag to feature her it'd probably be UK Harpers.
Their covers have been amazing this year!

^ Lets hope so, she would be perfect for them, they could do something brilliant. Maybe that photo in this issue is a preview.

Oh thanks so much for posting those Giovanna, i like that third shot, and haha yes, Lubomirski sure is attractive, i always check if his photo is included in the contributors section. :shifty: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lets hope so, she would be perfect for them, they could do something brilliant. Maybe that photo in this issue is a preview.

Unfortunately not....that image in the current issue is from a shoot by Bruno Dayan for Madame Figaro in Jan...see this thread.

Love the backstage shots. She looks amazing in every single one. So sad they didn't run a main shot of her in the Giles Deacon dress. It looks spectacular.

Stunning. I have to say that I'm not normally a fan of Victoria, but HB have made her look amazing!

A few people requested this, and as it's been a few days since official release I thought it'd be okay to share.

Victoria's Secret
Celeb: Victoria Beckham
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski

scanned in by me

Her feature is seriously long. 16 pages in total with the text, I think I'm right in saying...

where was the victoria ed shot? i love that bed

I wish I knew as I love the bed too. I'm sure it's a London location because there was a pic of Victoria in the one of the UK papers from the evening after the shoot leaving a London restaurant with Marc Jacobs.

Oh, I'll do one in a moment, it'll mean I get to avoid having to draw a traffic diagram of a multiple roundabout system...

Here we go... you've seen the covers, and the magazine is 260 pgs in total.

There's no fold-out ad inside the cover, only a 2 pg spread of the Lady Dior handbag campaign with Marion Cotillard. Notable ads include 4 pgs poolside Gucci, 4 pgs Lily Allen for Chanel, 2 pgs Vuitton cruise with Isabeli and a lot of Scarlett Johansson Moet & Chandon ads in the Best Dressed section.

But in keeping with a December issue, mostly it's ads for watches, perfumes and those sorts of accessory purchases, rather than mainline clothing.

Flicking through to the features as we go along... in the style section, there are brief mentions about Peter Pilotto, Rachel Roy, the new Vionnet and a look at how to wear a Balmain, a Moschino and a Valentino dress respectively. Charlotte Dellal, Biba's Barbara Hulanicki, Bella Freud and Elle Macpherson share their Christmas wish lists. The Bazaar Shop section is heavy on black outfits. A look at how to wear a chubby. The Jewellery section is only 3 pgs long and it's about diamante and silver bracelets.

The cultural review section opens with a 1 pg b/w shot of Jude Law, has a 2 pg article about Marion Cotillard, a look at backstage theatre photography and the costume design of Nine.

The editorials open with that Victoria Beckham extravaganza, then Kiss Of The Spider Woman. Man Of The Moment is a 6 pg feature about social photographer Richard Young, with b/w shots of Mick and Jerry in a taxi, Bianca wiping Rupert Everett's mouth as Warhol looks on, Elton John being raucous, that sort of thing. Then it's In The Bedroom and the editorial section concludes with a 2 pg article about the desire to dress up with sequins and crystal in a recession.

The Beauty section has a 3 pg editorial looking at eyelids, the model is Anna Tokarasa @ Select. There's an interview with Mary Greenwell and a few pages of party preparation tips from celebrities. The Travel section is a ski special, lots of lovely little shots of slopes and chalets. The Party section starts with a shot of Kate Moss and Yasmin Le Bon, and looks at London Fashion Week celebrations, so plenty of models, designers and fashion mag folk. The Why Don't You... section is Dita Von Teese.

And none of that can convey the lovely design of every page. Not only am I happy to receive my subscription issue, I plan on buying another issue simply for clippings.

An ad for the next issue says it'll be out on 7 December, with an 84 pg travel guide.

Absolutely loved Victoria´s ed!
So sexy and misterious.
Thanks fearless123.

Sounds great! thanks for the review Tigerrouge!!!

I don't know why but for some reason this month I've not received my issue. Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->