The Official Harry Potter Thread

Those documentary trailers made me super emotional. I can't imagine what that must have been like for those kids!
It would be a crime for Alan to not be considered for an Oscar, in my opinion. :blush:

Here's the full When Harry Left Hogwarts documentary for those who didn't get it on their DVD:

i watched the last HP with my brother last night (he really liked it btw) and afterwards he was like "so...Snape was actually Harry's father?!"

me
V3wtp.gif

"well it looked like he had an affair with Harry's mother!"
yI5BX.gif
ZJJq9.gif

ontd

totally made my night:rofl: bless him

^I can't blame him. The film totally made it seem that way. And it also made James Potter seem like such a third wheel.

New promo/set pictures

Different angle of the Ron/Hermione kiss scene :brows:

Dobby Feature

JK Rowling testifying in the Leveson inquiry

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 wins Feature Film, Kid's Vote at 2011 BAFTA Children's Awards
mURI_temp_c8788e60.jpg

snitchseeker

The National Board of Review has awarded the Potter franchise with a special achievement award

Special Achievement in Filmmaking: The Harry Potter Franchise – A Distinguished Translation from Book to Film

plus DH2 is one of the top films of the year:clap:
Top Films
(in alphabetical order)

The Artist
The Descendants
Drive
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
The Ides of March
J. Edgar
Tree of Life
War Horse

^Yay for Harry Potter! My only question is, how can they choose movies that haven't been released yet, like War Horse or The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo? I mean, I know both look really good and whatnot but is it premature to award them (although I'm sure whoever chose the recipients already saw the films however the public hasn't seen them)?

yeah, apparently there were screenings to GWTDT earlier this week...so i guess they have also already seen war horse. i don't know how prestigious or how good this is as an indicator for big awards predictions, but i'm sure studios want their movies to be reviewed in time for this and give them the oportunity to watch them earlier than the public

Sweet! That means Potter has a shot at a Best Picture nomination! :D

I'm surprised J. Edgar is on that list though. Apparently that film wasn't so great.

"Good morning!" So hilarious. Helena and Emma are so cute. I love behind the scenes videos of HP!

There's going to be TWO wizarding worlds: :buzz:
Universal Hollywood announces Wizarding World Los Angeles!

Today Hypable was invited to Universal Studios Hollywood where they announced their new addition of a Wizarding World of Harry Potter in their park! We live blogged the event and here is what we learned!

The Governor of California Jerry Brown, as well as the Phelps twins were in attendance of the event. “Hogwarts is coming to Hollywood!” Yelled the Phelps twins. And Governor Jerry Brown announced “It’s a great day when we see investment in California, investment in imagination.”

Universal stressed the new level of entertainment that Warner Brothers, and the Wizarding World have brought to the world of themed entertainment. They were also sure to discuss to the significant economic benefit that Los Angeles would gain from having it’s own Wizarding World.This new Wizarding World will be in the existing theme park and Universal declared that it would be every bit as spectacular as the one in Orlando.

They also announced that Wizarding World Orlando will be undergoing great expansions, but also noted that the details on the Orlando expansion would be released in the future! Universal plans to invest several hundreds of millions of dollars into the new park. They also expect to create over a thousand jobs at Universal Hollywood, in addition to those jobs created indirectly.

Warner Brothers made it clear that they are dedicated to keeping a focus on quality in order to please the committed and dedicated fans of Harry Potter. In the films this meant working closely with all the creators of the films, the set designers, and artists.

The Los Angeles Commissioner stated that he’d never seen a Harry Potter film and never read a Harry Potter book. In fact, he wasn’t even aware that there were multiple films or books. When he watched the movies over the weekend he found that there are some public policy connections.

He believed that the wand can be used to create $13 billion in revenue that can be put back into the state budget. And he joked that broomsticks would certainly help with the infamous Los Angeles traffic. It’s quite clear that they are confident that the new Wizarding World will help with Los Angeles businesses. He also stated that Los Angeles is the movie capital of the world which is why Hogwarts coming to Hollywood is fitting. And that as Harry Potter is the most successful franchise of all time it deserves to have a West Cost home in Los Angeles.

Finally, they handed out the first Los Angeles Butterbeer to toast the announcement!

No opening date or timeframe was noted, but rumors suggest 2015 at the earliest. We do not know which rides will be present either except for Forbidden Journey.
hypable

'Deathly Hallows - Part 2' makes film critic, Roger Ebert's Top 20 Films of 2011

Roger Ebert released his list of 2011's Top 20 Films. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 made the ballot, attaining 16th place.

A highly respected film critic, such as Roger Ebert, certainly draws attention from the Academy. With that being said, is this good news for Potter Oscar buzz? Various other critics in the industry will be releasing their thoughts on this year's gems as we move closer to January 24th, when the nominees are to be announced.

This is what Ebert had to say about Potter:
16. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2"

The second installment in the last chapter of the legendary saga comes to a solid and satisfying conclusion, conjuring up enough awe and solemnity to serve as an appropriate finale and a dramatic contrast to the lighthearted (relative) innocence of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" all those magical years ago.

His full list can be seen here.

mugglenet, blog.suntimes

I spent about five hours going watching the HP extras and the film! I loved the documentary.

Actor Josh Hutcherson visited the Wizarding World of HP today. I was going to post these in his thread, but he doesn't have one and I'm too lazy to create one for him.

joshhutch2.jpg

joshhutch.jpg

mugglenet

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->