Hedi Slimane Joins Chanel ... ?

Here is what Chanel menswear look like...
it doesn't really need some help, but some styling help for sure...

FW 08
style.com

(one question : why can't I find pictures of Chanel before 2006... everything is deleted before...on style.com)

Karl's just slowly but surely moving this guy into place...if this isn't all just one big rumor. The mens side of things certainly needs help but then again Chanel shouldn't have menswear, there is no equality there, Chanel is woman, feminine. I would be much more excited to see what Slimane would do with the tweeds, bows, camelias, chains...

I hope that if he works on a mensline... il won't use the Chanel womenswear codes... I cannot imagine myself wearing camelias... NO WAY!!!
and for a reminder (again) : Coco used a lot of menswear to make her creations... so, why not... but no tweed jacket like the one I posted, and no 2.55... unless he makes them look less queer-intelligenzia... Karl made such a queer menswear...

Chanel has has perfume for men, next on the agenda will be a mens line for sure.

The only person that could boost the mens division is Hedi. It seems like a good fit.

I thought the menswear for Chanel was just pretty much the "womens" in larger sizes?

Bringing Hedi in might be part of an effort to really establish Chanel's menswear. This is really exciting-- I think my bank accounts are going to take a beating in a few months.

and what if Hedi just be a consultant @ Chanel??? I think he always thought doing womenswear would be natural... so why not?!?!...

well the problem is not really if it's true or not... the problem is to know what he will do overthere... I wanna call Chanel press offices since I learnt about this story...

Chanel doesn't even sound to be a mens name in the first place and the whole Chanel Homme sounds really really weird.

'Hey this looks nice. What is it?'
'It's Chanel omm..'
'WHAT! CHANEL? U ARE WEARING CHANEL?'
OMG.. Men wearing Chanel?! How dare they?!
What's next? Women wearing pants?!
They must be stopped!

:rolleyes:

Add me to the list of those curious to see Chanel homme come to life. I'm beyond excited to see how he will contribute to Chanel if this rumor is true.

And I always thought Karl was a fan of Hedi..

Didn't Hedi sign a deal with PPR?
I thought they were going to develop a line for him.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it's Hedi who will succeed Karl once he finally decides to let go of the house.

Why would someone that left one of the largest luxury corporations in the world for 2 major reasons A) he thought he was underpaid and B) he couldn't get a women's line/his own line join a privately held corporation with less money to do a "Chanel Homme" line?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it's Hedi who will succeed Karl once he finally decides to let go of the house.

I'm just quoting you since it was the closest; but, it applies to many posters on this board.

What makes everyone think this? Simply because Karl's personal clothing choices favor the designs of Hedi Slimane? Hardly something that merits succession of one of the most important women's clothing lines of the 20th century.
Also, Karl could give his reccomendation when he is ready to retire...but, it is not his decision to make.

im not really surprised though
but if he really is gonna do chanel homme, than i think it will be a pity. same question as etro, why would he leave dior homme which he built up for another blank slate when he can just start his own line

im not gonna believe the 'he doesnt have enough money to do so' excuse, unless he's a big as hell spender, than he probably have enough money to do at least one collection. as well, with his reputation and companies and famous supporters behind him, i dont understand why he would work for another brand

but if he's only there as a consultant...than maybe i'll start to like chanel more

post #21 is hilarious....gosh those outfits are horrible. especially the first one :lol:

Um, why are people freaking about the idea of a real Chanel Homme and calling Chanel a real womens line? Have people already forgotten that DIOR started out as the ultimate womens line and it was Hedi that pretty much established the idea of it having a worthwhile menswear line?

Ironically Chanel and Dior didn't get along. Chanel even accused Dior of dressing women like Drag Queens

I personally hope this isn't true, I'd like to see Hedi establish his own label with a both a menswear and womenswear line.

Ironically Chanel and Dior didn't get along. Chanel even accused Dior of dressing women like Drag Queens
and?????
we are in 2007, Gabrielle died and same for Christian...
and just for the history quote, here is one from C.Dior
"with a black pullover and ten rows of pearls she revolutionized fashion.”

anyway, when you quit, I think it's because you have an idea behind... esp. - as Etro said, when you leave the largest luxury corporations in the world...

maybe Hedi joins the Chanel Group and not Chanel... where he will develop his own label... non?
Chanel SA has Holland & Holland, right? and Eres, too, I think? non?

where's the person that said it was a fact...:innocent:

maybe he did join the chanel group and not chanel the brand. if he did join the group, it would make more sense.
hehe..yes...LVMH...it does seem like hedi has a rough patch with LVMH. so many things made me have an impression LVMH is an evil company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChameenVT
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->