Hedi Slimane Joins Chanel ... ?

Dior Homme as womenswear is known...
remember Shalom in Vogue US doing a Dior Homme editorial back when he joined Dior Homme???
and now I'm pretty disspointed by the fact I first understood the friend of attackmassive12 was working for Chanel as a buyer or sthg like that (you know the people who decide what'll be in the shops)...
but he's just a sales boy... pffff...

Okay, so I'm lazy and didn't read the WHOLE thread, but only a few pages.
But some points...Doesn't Chanel already have a small men's collection? SAs have nothing to do with a Hedi designed menswear hitting the racks, this is rediculous!
Why in the world would Hedi design a collection as Chanel Homme?! His whole intention was to create his own line. The chanel customer isn't anywhere near being a Dior Homme customer, Chanel knows this, Hedi knows this.
This thread is horrible.
This thread should have never been started.
I've seen Men SAs in every Chanel shop I've set foot in.
Chanel Menswear is horrible.
Did I mention this thread is a waste of time?

:smile:

I've been waiting for an "official rumour" (or jsut as official as a rumour can be) since i ever found the "Slimane to Leave Dior" thread.

There’s already 5 pages of thread and a lot has been said both for and against the idea of Hedi doing the menswear chez Chanel.

I do think that right now is the perfect time for this to happen, as everything just seems to make sense. The Karl-Hedi love, the Hedi-Karl love, the need for Chanel men’s mini-line to change, a spot in the market for all the Dior Homme clients that have been left with nothing but ugly KVA stuff, and as terrible as it may sound, we do have to keep in mind that Karl --I cant believe I am saying this—wont be around forever. They do need someone to be there for some time before he… well, before he is gone!
Doing men’s and then taking over the women’s line just seems more appropriate than hiring someone new right after Karl stops.

I do understand why a lot of people keep saying that Chanel belongs to women and for that reason it may seem uncertain that men will like to wear it too, afraid that it will look, as some have already pointed, too “queer”.
I personally think that Hedi, Karl, and Chanel as a company just know better than that, and they will find the way to reach a large range of people: from Dior Homme ex-clients that will follow their favourite designer ignoring who is he designing for; to crazy fashionistas that would kill to be covered in logos; but also a select clientele that just as it happens with the women lines, are not interested in the logos and the rich-teen-pieces and just one to get dressed by one of the few houses that maintains its devotion for well made clothes.

P.S: Even though it was a try to support this rumour, I have to say that this thing about the men SAs being hired just sounds wrong! :lol::innocent:

But some points...Doesn't Chanel already have a small men's collection? SAs have nothing to do with a Hedi designed menswear hitting the racks, this is rediculous!
Why in the world would Hedi design a collection as Chanel Homme?! His whole intention was to create his own line. The chanel customer isn't anywhere near being a Dior Homme customer, Chanel knows this, Hedi knows this.
This thread is horrible.

Agreed. Like the pointless "Hedi will go back to YSL and kick out Pilati" threads that generated hundreds of random posts, this one too has more fantasy than actual coherent thinking. I also agree with Tricinoacetate (Jost), who knows what he's talking about but unfortunately his posts are hard to find amidst pages of "I think it's true because Karl likes Hedi's designs" and "I wanna tweed coat."

If some members who flash post on these threads and get them to five pages of nonsense (mostly one-line responses like "I like Hedi he's cool") could take a step back, think through things a little, they'll see that the fashion world isn't fly-by-night and decisions costing hundreds of millions of dollars (or risking that much) aren't made according to a "wow, wouldn't this be neat?" model. If Hedi left Dior and signed with PPR to make his own label, why in the world would he suddenly jump over to Chanel?

Now, if we were just speculating on what Hedi might bring to a Chanel collection, I think that could be interesting. Like we discussed a few years back on a thread about successors, we had a few different ideas for who might be a neat take after dame Karla. Hedi was mentioned often, but someone else mentioned Helmut Lang and I thought that a brilliant choice as well (though I doubt it would ever happen). So, coherent speculation is okay, random fantasy is a little juvenile.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEDI is HYPE and i think its safe to say......we HATE HYPE !!! ....we are sick of hype and for me .......i am sick of hedi and his ridiculous antics ....and if he has any guts ......or a spine for t hat matter.....stat his own label , backed by his own finances and his own team , his own manufacturing , etc .....HEDI......please stick to being a professional student.

This thread is horrible.

Dead. On. :mohawk:

Agreed. Like the pointless "Hedi will go back to YSL and kick out Pilati" threads that generated hundreds of random posts, this one too has more fantasy than actual coherent thinking. I also agree with Tricinoacetate (Jost), who knows what he's talking about but unfortunately his posts are hard to find amidst pages of "I think it's true because Karl likes Hedi's designs" and "I wanna tweed coat."

If some members who flash post on these threads and get them to five pages of nonsense (mostly one-line responses like "I like Hedi he's cool") could take a step back, think through things a little, they'll see that the fashion world isn't fly-by-night and decisions costing hundreds of millions of dollars (or risking that much) aren't made according to a "wow, wouldn't this be neat?" model. If Hedi left Dior and signed with PPR to make his own label, why in the world would he suddenly jump over to Chanel?

Now, if we were just speculating on what Hedi might bring to a Chanel collection, I think that could be interesting. Like we discussed a few years back on a thread about successors, we had a few different ideas for who might be a neat take after dame Karla. Hedi was mentioned often, but someone else mentioned Helmut Lang and I thought that a brilliant choice as well (though I doubt it would ever happen). So, coherent speculation is okay, random fantasy is a little juvenile.

i'm coming down to earth now... realizing you are right was sad... but realistic!:blush::(:( speculating is dangerous cause it leads to nothing but huge final disapointment...

i'll just keep a little hope (just in case)

i must say i apreciate you didnt just say "this thread is trash" as some have done, and you stated why you think most of us are wrong.

:flower::flower:

i think hedi will do a great job for chanel
altho i cant imagine a a tweed jacket on a dior male model

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"