High Waisted Skirts

i noticed over the weekend that they're gaining popularity over at Urban Outfitters. lots of knit pencil skirts in black, gray, brown, etc. i think i like the disheveled take on high waisted skirts with the waistline having more of a belt effect, much like Allure's sketch, rather than being so form-fitting. the tight leather on Ashley Olsen looks tacky to me.

Asos.com has a high waisted leather pencil skirt, I want a short puffy one myself.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2314/2131964218_3a8a4ab227_o.jpg
the girl on the left does this high waisted skirt trend the best. and i clearly remember this picture when it was first posted up--so clearly it's memorable.
:flower:

Yesterday I bought Earnest Sewn's high-waisted Maya skirt (shown below). It's really fitted and creates a cool silhouette that works better on my figure than the fuller high-waisted skirts (that are totally cute... just not on me!). It hits just at the knee and has a cool kick pleat in the back that can be buttoned or unbuttoned.

(image source: bluebee.com)

Attachments

• bluebee_maya.jpg
    bluebee_maya.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 551
I love high waisted skirts!
I almost purchased a gray one the other day. I'm looking for a black short one now :D

i see that e.s. skirt taking many forms. great buy.

I really want a nice black one like MK has in the first photo or a nice Grey pencil one... but I'm having a terrible time finding any! :( if anyone sees them let me know!

I love high waisted skirts, I have a navy one with little dots on it but the other day I was bending over to grab something off the floor and it ripped a little bit on the seams:cry:

Yay or Nay you ask? Well, yay and that goes without saying.
I especially like the white Versace one.

I just got a satin bubble HW skirt, by Michael Kors. I actually picked it up by accident not even thinking it was high waisted until I tried it on at home.

^hehehehe
anyone been able to find any cute plain black or grey highwasited skirts?

Here's one in black from saks.com (that's the source of the photo, too). It's 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent.

Attachments

• 12thstreet_saks.jpg
    12thstreet_saks.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
And here's another in grey from nordstrom.com (also the source of the photo). This one's by Conspicuous.

Attachments

• conspicuous_nordstrom.jpg
    conspicuous_nordstrom.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2
Here are some from Macys:

304576_fpx.tif
371472_fpx.tif

macys.com

Mine is similar to the 1st one. It is wool and really comfortable. It sits flat also.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->