How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

My skin definitively feels and looks smoothed out, more refined and glowy thanks to Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse Nuit that I've been using for 2 weeks now. Very pleased with the product; not to mention its fab smell kind of motivates me to go to bed earlier! :D

Also, L'occitane Angelica Exfoliating gel - does the job pretty well while being gentle on the skin, and it's hydrating which I particularly appreciate because most exfoliators would dry my skin out.

^ My skin has improved so much since I started using Nuxe cosmetics. :heart: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo has also worked wonderfully, same goes for Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant. My skin has never looked better! :woot: I also recommend highly skilled beautician. Mine did wonders for me. Now I only visit her a few times a year.

I'm about to buy the PMD and thinking about doing dermarolling.

i am also thinking about buying the PMD. i have had 5 microderm sessions with an esthetician and 3 microderm appts with a real dermatologist (and also 2 salicyclic acid peels with a real derm)

this is all in the last 8 months. i have made a dent in my hyper pigmentation but not quite enough.

the PMD might be good for slight touch ups inbetween derm appointments.

did you end up getting it? i might buy it direct from the PMD website there are a few codes floating around...

Gonna second La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. It's a miracle product. The Effaclar H mositurizer is also amazing.

For cleansers I love Emma Hardie cleansing balm. I have oily skin so I was afraid to use even more oil on my face, but apparently it helps balance oil production. It leaves my skin so smooth and soft.

Here's what I've been using to keep my skin unclogged and stuff:

Morning:
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Dickinson's Oil Controlling Astringent with Witch Hazel Flower Extract
Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 98% Moisturizing Gel
Thursday Plantation 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil (Just a little spread on over the aloe.)

Night:
Dickinson's Oil Controlling Astringent with Witch Hazel Flower Extract
Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic Acid Enhanced Lotion
The aloe gel and the tea tree oil mixed together
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer

So mostly natural stuff. The weak chemical crap wasn't working and the strong chemical crap was way too potent, so I've switched to this regimen and it works very well. What happened to me is what was mentioned in LoveMyBoots' article where the oil in the skin changes. It made my old teenage acne regimen ineffective, so I've changed to this new routine that works differently and now my face stays pimple free almost all the time, and in the rare event that one pops up, the tea tree oil utterly DESTROYS it very quickly. (Tea tree oil is awesome.) A couple of notes though. First, the tea tree oil has a very potent scent, so use it in a well ventilated area. And second, the aloe gel forms a film on the skin that can look very shiny. It can be lessened a while after application by pressing a tissue on one's face for a few seconds, but that may not completely eliminate the shininess because that's just the way the aloe is. It doesn't bother me because the Clean & Clear stuff was doing the same thing during the day as well, but it was greasy, uncomfortable, and really bad at lessening oil. The aloe is far easier to "wear," it's not slimy, and it helps to reduce oil, so it it a big upgrade for me. Unfortunately, none of this stuff helps blackheads for me. It mostly keeps them from clogging up, but they're still there. Overall though, I haven't been this happy with my skin in a very long time. No dryness, no redness, no massively excessive oil, and considerably clearer overall.

I have combination skin. It tends to be dry but I have visible pores.

I realy like Pond's Luminous Clean scrub. I use it every morning. I'm currently looking for a new moisturizer. Everyone claims Clarins is great, so I might try that. My favorite mask is Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask and I cleanse with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Cleanser every night.

Any suggestions for a moisturizer for my skin type?

have anyone tried MURAD pure skin clarifying dietary supplements? i just bought those and started using.
i would love to hear reviews?

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but just keeping your hands away from your face can make your skin healthier. Germs, bacteria on skin/under nails etc. Washing your hands does not remove all of it:( Most of my skin issues stem from the fact that I had to touch a tiny imperfection and my skin got angry at me... :ninja:

I do use the Clarins cottonseed cleanser every night when I shower. I don't know if there are any benefits because I have not tried to go without in years... It does dry out your skin if you don't moisturize afterwards, but if you feel oily after a long day it is heaven to use:smile: Sometimes I feel like it is the only thing that can "remove the day" from my skin...^_^

Cetaphil cleanser is the best thing to ever happen to me and my dry skin, and then I follow up with Embryollise Creme

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->