How Do You Smell Today? #4

I'm going to spend Christmas using up what's left in some old Serge Lutens spray samples:
  • Chergui
  • Feminité du Bois
  • Sa Majesté la Rose
  • Fille en Aiguilles
  • Nuit de Cellophane
  • Vitriol d'œillet
  • Jeux de Peau
  • L'orpheline
It took me ages before I realised the layered meanings in fille en aiguilles/de fil en aiguille... and as much as I love Jeux de Peau, do I want to go around smelling of warm buttered toast?

I can't keep the smell of sandalwood away from me. It is like my besties can recognize by just that smell in a crowd of 100. I love to use natural body scrub only and as a salt I use sandalwood and mint bath salt. I also use red sandalwood soap on a daily basis. So smell of sandalwood all around me.

YSL Elle - it's been discontinued but I was able get some online. Have missed the fragrance since my old bottle ran out.

The last of some old Chanel Cristalle, from the 90s.

Both Cristalle and No. 19 used to be widely available, but if you see them on sale these days, it's like you've spotted an endangered species.

Using up the last of a Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge travel spray... while nice, this is yet another range that's become far too overpriced for what it is.

So many brands push a two-tier model of perfumes, with a standard set of products and then a line of boutique 'exclusives' that cost three or four times as much, but aren't necessarily any better.

I could spend £254 if I wanted a 100ml bottle of Jasmin Rouge... or I could spend £64 on two 50ml bottles from Serge Lutens Toison d'Or range and continue the relationship I've had with Lutens since the 90s, when I read about Ambre Sultan in Vogue, and had to write, in my best French, to the Palais Royal in Paris to request the tiny book of wax samples of all the scents.

Officine Universelle Buly - Eau Triple Al Kassir

lovely powdery scent, a recent favorite. This brand recently sprouts all over Japan (10 plus stores in a short span of time), and Japanese don't wear scents very much in general, I still wonder who is buying them....

Penhaligon's - Ostara (getting to the last of an old bottle and after this there will be no more :()

Sol de Janeiro | Brazilian Crush Cheirosa 62

I'm going to work my way through an accumulation of samples sent with orders or as part of a promotion:
  • Chanel – No1 de Chanel L’Eau Rouge
  • Clive Christian – Chasing the Dragon Euphoric
  • Clive Christian – Chasing the Dragon Hypnotic
  • Dior – Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
  • Diptyque – Eau des Sens
  • Diptyque – Trente-Quatre
  • Etat Libre D’Orange - Frustration
  • Frederic Malle – Cologne Indelebile
  • Frederic Malle – Portrait of a Lady
  • Giorgio Armani -Si Passione
  • Houbigant – Orangers en Fleurs x 2
  • Molton Brown – Lily & Magnolia Blossom
  • Molton Brown – Milk Musk
  • Molton Brown – Neon Amber
  • Mugler – Angel Nova
  • Ormonde Jayne – Muscat
  • Roger & Gallet – The Fantaisie
  • Tom Daxon – Riven Oak
  • Viktor & Rolf – Good Fortune

Jean-Paul Gaultier - La Belle Le Parfum
or
Jean-Paul Gaultier - Divine
I absolutely adore every single fragrance from JPG!

of a custom perfume blend offered at a friend's wedding. definitely not my usual but I do like the top notes (vetiver, vanilla)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->