How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I cleansed my skin with jojoba-oil for years and my oily skin got less oily actually.

Had anyone use a potatoe?
I grate one potatoe with its shell and I use it like a mask.
Your skin gets soft and it is good for marks.

Thanks for the tips, but I don't know if I should clean my skin with all the oil? It's pretty oily and shiny on it's own.

Nah, it will make the skin less oily.I dont want to cause you to break out nor feel oily but you must give things time to work. I saw about 3weeks and see how your skin is acting onit's own. you don't have to tryit. you can go to makeupalley.com and search the boards for Mineral Oil. people there give tips, warnings, etc. :smile:

i have found that it works :smile:

Okay, definetly going to start doing it as a routine for a few weeks. Thank you! :flower:

i use DHC oil makeup remover to cleanse off my make up.
i then follow with shu uemura rose water spray,
L'Occitane immortelle& daisy brightening serum,
then Sisley Emulsion Ecologique - amazing stuff
Shiseido benefiance eye cream - rich enough for a night eye cream

i found that i still need to use a make up primer during the day to effectively control my oiliness - that and oil blotting paper.
though ever since using Sisley Emulsion Ecologique my oily skin has improved so much.

-Clarisonic face brush. An investment but worth every penny. I used it 2-3 times a day.
-Retin-A Micro from my dermatologist. De clogs my pores and helps get rid of past acne scars
-occasional Fraxel laser treatments from the derm. I use to get about 3-4 a year at the beginning. ($400 a treatment) They zap fine lines, acne scarring including redness and indented marks, and sun damage. I get maybe 1-2 a year now for upkeep.
-Steaming every few days really de congests my pores. Then I follow with a mud mask. I love Queen Helene Mint Julep

-Sunscreen. I like anything from Neutrogena and Aveeno.
-An array of concealers. I'm makeup artist and learned some great tips from the pros. I use a hint of peach on the inner eyes and over any dark circles, then pale yellow along my lower lashline and lid to mask vein-y purple-ness. Then a teeny bit of pale green on the outer corner of my eyes and over any other redness on my face. After I do this I barely need any foundation.
-Sublte highlighting and contouring with a pale shade under the eyes up to the temples then a dark shade just under the cheekbones. It does so much.
-Jane Iredale mineral makeup applied with a foundation brush. Great natural looking application.B)

I love Jane Iredale as well! And I also use the Clarisonic brush, Retin-A Micro, etc.

I've had several IPL but not Fraxel. Which Fraxel laser did you have (I know there are 3-4 types; 4 if you count the Dual)??

- Clarisonic is the best skincare buy ever! I love it.
- Exfoliating is a must. I used to love Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant until it stopped working. Now I am in love with Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength.
- Rosehip oil (absorbs quickly, making my skin soft and not oily at all)

Is it just me or does anyone also like St.Ives scrubs?

I can use it on my forehead and nose. I have oily, yet sensitive skin. It love AHA's but not manual exfoliation. My nose and forehead are the only areas that don't get red and bumpy when I use a scrub. It does work well and hands and body too :smile:

as i posted in another thread, the biggest thing for me is to NOT use too many products and try to fix minor problems that no one notices but me!

i have always had good skin without having to try (was quite lazy tbh). it is dry and sensitive but i had it under control. my only concern was a few TINY blackheads around my chin (looking back, they were basically invisible unless i looked up close in the mirror, plus i have freckles so it disguised them even more)

in a bid to get rid of them i tried some new products in different combinations. my black heads are now 10x worse and i have all these tiny little bumps under my skin on my chin and on my temples. they are really rough and can't be extracted (i tried, the area just goes super red). they look even worse when i have makeup on because my freckles are then covered and the skin is then all one colour so the bumps stand out. i am so paranoid about them.

i have gone back to my old routine (Burt's Bees Gentle Cream Cleanser, and Trilogy Rosehip Oil.. and even then i didn't always do it. sometimes just water in the shower) and they are getting slightly better but it has been so frustrating because i can no longer say i have smooth, almost flawless skin. i have definitely learnt my lesson. (for me) less is better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lactic acid and taking a oral suppleent f MSM des wonders for my skin
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't do too many things really. My skin is usually good, but is very sensitive so I have to be careful (when it's cold, etc).
I don't use water on my face, I try to avoid it. I just clean my face with a water cleanser once or twice a week (once in winter, twice in summer). Otherviwe, just an Avène cleanser and moisterizer.
I drink a lot of tea, I think that's why my skin usually looks nice.
I try not too touch it otherwise (like, scratching my face with dirty fingers when in the bus!), I just leave any spots and don't treat them. They never last more than three days if I ignore them!

how do you guys get rid of blackheads? they've been a problem for me for years and years and i really want to get rid of them once and for all.

I started to use Avene Cleanance K again with new formula. This thing better work!

^I'm sorry, but absolutely hate everything Avene (apart from the thermal water spray). Clearance K did nothing for my skin other than making it feel itchy and dry.

how do you guys get rid of blackheads? they've been a problem for me for years and years and i really want to get rid of them once and for all.

Pumpkin seed oil, unrefined. You can use it day and night. Yes, it's an oil but it has a mattifying effect, as weird as that sounds. No greasy or shiny skin, I promise. But it's dark green and it does rub off so be carful when getting dressed. The good thing is that the green gets rid off any red blotches and evens out your skin tone. I use it when my skin goes crazy during that particular time every month, I even love the smell by now. Somewhat green and healthy, like bowl of delicious fresh salad...

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you use the pumpkin seed oil?! I mean, do you put it on at night before sleep? Under makeup? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->