How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of green tea is good? there's so many different kinds from different countries =X

You guys are sure ? Hm perhaps Im just to impatient then ?! Im still abit unsure :-/

i don't know much in life for fact, but I do know that cutting out sugar from your diet will NOT make your skin worse. You might feel worse the first couple of days, because your body is so used to getting sugar. Believe me, you will glow soon.

You will not glow however, if you - instead of sugar - increased your fatty food intake. So if you eat 2 pizzas a day and fries or hamburgers, you won't glow. Cutting sugar alone from your diet if it's generally unhealthy won't cut it!

Well of course I dont eat two pizzas a day, I usually eat quite a low-fat diet (apart from almonds for breakfast) but take Omega-3 supplements. My fear rather was that it might have smth to do with the amount of fruits and vegetables but Ill just give it more time then. Thanks anyway for your help

I would recommend not to drink any "diet" something... diet coke, etc. Many "low fat" yogurts "secretly" contain alot of sugar or other bad stuff...

I think if you really want to cut out sugar its difficult... sugar is in almost everything - even when you don't expect it. I don't eat sugar and I'm checking everything I buy because I want to eat healthy... it's a bit of a hassle...but worth it I think.

Bioderma crealine h20 cleanser + kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate.
Recipe for success.

^I tried that Kiehl's thingy, but I'm allergic to the ******** plant extracts they put in everything.

I have been eating like crap and I've been really stressed out, but it doesn't show on my skin at all. Must mean that the oil cleanser + glycolic acid is working.

Ida: What?? Really? How have Danish people had their livers destroyed by green tea?

Japanese people easily drink ten cups of green tea a day (small cups, mind you), and they have the longest life-expectancy in the world, PLUS great skin... My ninety-three year old grandma definitely drinks ten cups of green tea daily and her skin is...FLAWLESS...hardly a wrinkle, soft and clear and white like marshmallow...:heart: plus she's healthy as a baby...

I personally cannot, I'm too sensitive to caffeine to drink more than one cup, only in the morning.

Few months ago I wrote here about my good start with Biotherms aquasource (/biosource) line. I just finished the first bottle (200 ml) of the cleansing milk, there are still plenty of all the other products left. Relatively high price definitely pays back, they're so long lasting.

And the most important thing is my skin loves Biotherm. The pores are smaller, only very few pimples during the months I've used this line, and my skin is really, really soft. I won't change these products for a while. As the cherry on the top, i just found the cleansing milk on half price on summer sale :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Ida: What?? Really? How have Danish people had their livers destroyed by green tea?
It wasn't them that destroyed it, it was the green tea. Too much of anything is never good. Esp if you're not used to it. Green tea can contain a lot of anti-oxidants, which can poison the liver. Green tea can also contain pesticides.

A lot of people have permanent liver damage due to green tea. Experiments have shown that green tea contains a substance that can damage the liver severely when consumed in high doses.

Of course that shouldn't stop anyone from drinking a couple of cups of green tea per day, but just remember that just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good. Salmonella is natural too, just saying' :wink:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone tell me if caffeine/coffee is really bad for the skin? (sorry if its a stupid question)
I tend to be really healthy otherwise (I don't smoke or eat any meat, eggs, cheese, processed foods and very minimal amounts of organic milk and drink alcohol like 2-3 times a year), so even if it is bad for me, seeing as its my only weakness will it make a huge difference?

I would say caffeine in moderation is fine for the skin. By moderation I mean maybe one cup of coffee a day and one cup of tea. It should be fine considering you're healthy in other aspects of your life. If you drink proper amounts of water, it will replenish the water you've lost from a caffeinated drink. You have to have some kind of pleasure in life ^_^

coffee and tea also have health benefits which are greater than the concern about caffeine. the only thing to be cautious about is if you have a low caffeine tolerance like me. if i have too much of it, i get really hyper and anxious, and stress is terrible for my skin.

I have been taking a break from breakfast lately, doing some intermittent fasting. Modified with fruits and vegetables some days, it seems to have a highly anti inlflammatory effect on skin due to lowering insulin.

Other than that I'm using copper peptides instead of Retin-a over the summer. Wish I didn't live at such a high altitude, would love to do a lactic acid peel.

thanks Liya and Carolinerose, I was thinking the same as well, seeing as its my only 'vice' it shouldn't do too much harm to have a few cups a day.. Problems tend to arise when I drink it too much late at night when I'm studying and then can't sleep.

Hey guys, since I am not very well educated in cosmetic chemistry, I was wondering perhaps someone could help me to analyse the ingredients of this refreshing face tonic. What's good, what's bad? Thanks in advance :smile:

Aqua, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Potasium Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Parfum (Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool)

After much mixing and matching for my combo skin, this has been my godsend product line:

Mario Badescu Acne Face Wash
Sheseido White Lucent Cleanser
Clinique Toner #3
Sheseido White Lucent SPF Day Lotion
La Mer cream (under eyes only, at night)

It wasn't them that destroyed it, it was the green tea. Too much of anything is never good. Esp if you're not used to it. Green tea can contain a lot of anti-oxidants, which can poison the liver. Green tea can also contain pesticides.

A lot of people have permanent liver damage due to green tea. Experiments have shown that green tea contains a substance that can damage the liver severely when consumed in high doses.

Of course that shouldn't stop anyone from drinking a couple of cups of green tea per day, but just remember that just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good. Salmonella is natural too, just saying' :wink:

Hmmm, I've never heard of this (or of antioxidants poisoning anyone or anything). Do you have a link to this story?

Just stopped by to note that I've been pretty impressed with Clinique Even Better. I tried it on one hand but not the other for probably about 15 days, and the difference between the two was striking. And I decided that little experiment had gone on long enough :lol:

Hmmm, I've never heard of this (or of antioxidants poisoning anyone or anything). Do you have a link to this story?

It's rather old news. Years ago my biology teacher in high school told us about liver and kidney toxicities of EC, EGC, ECG and EGCG (the antioxidative catechins in the tea) in high doses with tea overdose and green tea supplements. She was the opinion that everyone who drinks 2-3 L of tea per day is an idiot. :lol: Still true! :rofl: That was back then when all the green tea rise to fame started. A long time ago polyphenols as such were thought to be either unessential to human health or even toxic (best example: tannin), but of course, research has advanced forward and nowadays some polyphenols have been shown to benefit humans. In moderation. :innocent:
Old article for brief introduction: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/38399.php
And the article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1964900/ Rest can be accessed via related articles gadget there. :flower:
And if not polyphenols themselves that are harmful then it's other things swimming in the tea, pesticides, aluminum or fluoride. :ninja:
Other antioxidants can be harmful as well, either in combination with something or in large quantities (courtesy of supplement industry pushing for higher doses and larger profit), β-carotene, vitamin E (any fat soluble vitamin is toxic when overdosed), alpha-lipoic acid, quercetin and bunch of other flavonoids as well, but true research is scarce at present, both showing any positive effect on real humans (in large controlled D-B studies) and examining the dosage and toxicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->