Ladies Only: What’s Hot For A Guy To Wear.

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by FashionFreak, Jan 30, 2004.

1. greeen

greeen New Member

I agreeee wholeheartedly!
    *sigh* i love men in nice jeans, crisp button up shirts and simple but nice shoes.

when I saw hair gel overdose, I thought of that guy on "So you think you can dance" the asian break dancer guy. ewwww :sick:

2. mondo

mondo New Member

I see all you girls really like skinny jeans, why may I ask. I myself don't wear baggy jeans but my jeans aren't tight also. The thing I hate about tight jeans is that after awhile my stomach begins to hurt in them and also ''my bussines'' isn't really feeling that great after a while.

3. Hye Park Lover

Hye Park Lover New Member

I love a well cut suit. What's bad?.... Well anything that doesn't fit basically. Oh and guys who wear expensive designer clothing just for its label. Bleh.

4. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

Skinny pants? Same reason guys prefer formfitting clothes on women I guess :)
    BTW I don't think anyone means like spandex-tight. Just sort of tight, it shouldn't be too uncomfy (my b/fs have not complained about discomfort)

I love guys' legs, especially really long legs, so yeah, for me, if a guy has nice legs and I keep noticing b/c he's wearing flattering pants, that will distract and interest me, while all those guys with the baggy loose fitting pants and shirts just look asexual to me, just don't even think of them as possibilities

5. DosViolines

DosViolines far from home...

As long as he's clean and doesn't dress like David Arquette, I don't really mind what a guy wears ^_^
    O yeah, and I don't like metrosexuals!

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black New Member

It's good to know a lot of girls dig the guys wearing slim pants look, around here at school it seems not a lot of girls appreciate that kind of aesthetic, they're more into the men who wear those really low rise, almost saggy Diesel/D&G kind of jeans look worn with flip flops so the hems of the jeans are all shredded :yuk: I wear a lot of my jeans quite slim but not skin tight, like you said it's a flattering look for people with longer legs as I'm quite tall.

My style has two opposites...either i'm on some grunge/rock concert tip with the slim jeans and worn sneakers with a threadbare sweater look, or i dress in what might be referred to as 'baggy' clothes...but not baggy in a shapeless sense, more like fluid clothes that have a nice drape to the body, in a kinda mysterious and poetic way...looks pretty cool when walking around, the clothes just kinda move with the wind :heart:

7. Brazilian Girl

Brazilian Girl New Member

YES
    Stripes
    Converse
    Band tees
    vintage tee with a suit jacket and jeans
    tight jeans (not too tight)
    spiked hair (but not meticulously planned, just kinda messy)

NO
    chunky sneakers and others like nike shox
    capris
    baggy anything
    bright colors
    long hair
    basically everything you guys pointed out

8. TailorBell

TailorBell New Member

umm....I like to wear clothes with bright colors such as light yellow and pink because I have dark colored jackets and coats for winter. I think that it is a good idea to add a few bright colors.... I dont like to be very darkish. Also, I love pink-striped shirts for summer and spring!!! What is wrong with men wearing bright color clothes? However, I never wear really pinkish things, one of which was released from dior homme in A/W2005, shirts frilled around the neck..........

9. mondo

mondo New Member

What do you girls think of onitsuka tiger sneakers and Nike dunks

10. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

onitsuka tiger sneakers and Nike dunks

personally
    Mild to Moderate Thumbs Down

11. mondo

mondo New Member

Ok what do you consider hot sneakers for guys ? And please no expensive designer sneakers.

12. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

The ones you mentioned (well the tiger ones) are not that bad for men's sneakers. I just prefer black matte leather shoes on guys, personally.

But what I would suggest is that you go for the low-tops rather than high-tops with those brands and with darker, less clashing colors (avoid white on your shoes if possible). Shades of brown may be a nice combo if you tend to wear outfits that look good with brown.

[​IMG]
    Image from "Classic Sport Shoes"

The above sneaker is ok....it certainly doesn't have to be suede though but I think ladies like suede pretty well :) Sorry the size of the photo is so big. PS they look a touch cheaply made (the glue between the sole and the rest seems to have leaked out). I would certainly suggest making a point of making sure the pair you buy is a well-made pair.

#72 Yasmin, Sep 27, 2005
    Last edited by moderator *Justice*: Sep 27, 2005
  13. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend princely

well im no lady, but I think alot of ppl will tell you Convrerse all stars *thumbs up*

14. GCc

GCc New Member

i hate the studied, fashion-obsessive look for guys. some girls can pull that off, not guys. it rids them all virility and sex-appeal IMO.

i like well-dressed guys though. nice, simple pair of jeans, vintage t-shirt, brown running shoes (asics, adidas)...

15. Fade to Black

Fade to Black New Member

I wish I could pull off Converse All Stars...but since i got flat foot, the flat soles with no arch in the Chuck Taylors would make my feet hurt like hell after walking around long distances all day, which is what I do in my sneakers. They also didn't look that great when I tried em on, which is weird since they're supposed to be the perfect companion to DH jeans. Stan Smiths didn't work out either. :(

16. dsq

dsq New Member

i believe i'm the only person on this board who thinks converse all stars look mediocre :flower:

17. Bluestar07

Bluestar07 New Member

a dark well cut trench on a tall broad shouldered guy :wub:

18. girlpossessed

girlpossessed New Member

yes:
    tight jeans

no:
    chav-wear e.g tacky tracksuits etc

19. tastes_like_chic

tastes_like_chic New Member

No pastels
    It's ok to take care of yourself, but obvious 'metrosexualism' is really off putting.
    No cheap cologne
    No shiny clothes
    No bling

20. DressageChick

DressageChick New Member

Sunglasses!!
    Those kind of tight t-shirts, dunno how to describe them
    Suit jacket + jeans
    good cologne
    metrosexualism, to an extent
    no shorts and x-large t-shirts