Ladies Only: What’s Hot For A Guy To Wear.

EmmyDesigns said:
Ok so i am doing this two ways. Firstly, if i'm looking for a kinda ok normal type well dressed guy.

NO!!!!!!

-Leather: its so hard to get this right dont even try
-Hair gel overdose: need i say more
-Shiny shoes: Ew
- What others have mentioned: totally agree

Yes!!!!!!

-jeans: so simple and sexy
- crisp white shirts: open collar
- blazers

-any shoes: except no scruffy or too clean trainers, oh and no wellies.
- Band t shirts

Ok now my second way is just people whos style is a yes:

Pete doherty- Rock rebel + style= too good to be true

Adam Brody as seth in the oc- Geek chic is so sweet!

I agreeee wholeheartedly!
*sigh* i love men in nice jeans, crisp button up shirts and simple but nice shoes.

when I saw hair gel overdose, I thought of that guy on "So you think you can dance" the asian break dancer guy. ewwww :sick:

I see all you girls really like skinny jeans, why may I ask. I myself don't wear baggy jeans but my jeans aren't tight also. The thing I hate about tight jeans is that after awhile my stomach begins to hurt in them and also ''my bussines'' isn't really feeling that great after a while.

I love a well cut suit. What's bad?.... Well anything that doesn't fit basically. Oh and guys who wear expensive designer clothing just for its label. Bleh.

Skinny pants? Same reason guys prefer formfitting clothes on women I guess :smile:
BTW I don't think anyone means like spandex-tight. Just sort of tight, it shouldn't be too uncomfy (my b/fs have not complained about discomfort)

I love guys' legs, especially really long legs, so yeah, for me, if a guy has nice legs and I keep noticing b/c he's wearing flattering pants, that will distract and interest me, while all those guys with the baggy loose fitting pants and shirts just look asexual to me, just don't even think of them as possibilities

As long as he's clean and doesn't dress like David Arquette, I don't really mind what a guy wears ^_^
O yeah, and I don't like metrosexuals!

Yasmin said:
Skinny pants? Same reason guys prefer formfitting clothes on women I guess :smile:
BTW I don't think anyone means like spandex-tight. Just sort of tight, it shouldn't be too uncomfy (my b/fs have not complained about discomfort)

I love guys' legs, especially really long legs, so yeah, for me, if a guy has nice legs and I keep noticing b/c he's wearing flattering pants, that will distract and interest me, while all those guys with the baggy loose fitting pants and shirts just look asexual to me, just don't even think of them as possibilities

It's good to know a lot of girls dig the guys wearing slim pants look, around here at school it seems not a lot of girls appreciate that kind of aesthetic, they're more into the men who wear those really low rise, almost saggy Diesel/D&G kind of jeans look worn with flip flops so the hems of the jeans are all shredded :yuk: I wear a lot of my jeans quite slim but not skin tight, like you said it's a flattering look for people with longer legs as I'm quite tall.

My style has two opposites...either i'm on some grunge/rock concert tip with the slim jeans and worn sneakers with a threadbare sweater look, or i dress in what might be referred to as 'baggy' clothes...but not baggy in a shapeless sense, more like fluid clothes that have a nice drape to the body, in a kinda mysterious and poetic way...looks pretty cool when walking around, the clothes just kinda move with the wind :heart:

YES
Stripes
Converse
Band tees
vintage tee with a suit jacket and jeans
tight jeans (not too tight)
spiked hair (but not meticulously planned, just kinda messy)

NO
chunky sneakers and others like nike shox
capris
baggy anything
bright colors
long hair
basically everything you guys pointed out

YES
Stripes
Converse
Band tees
vintage tee with a suit jacket and jeans
tight jeans (not too tight)
spiked hair (but not meticulously planned, just kinda messy)

NO
chunky sneakers and others like nike shox
capris
baggy anything
bright colors
long hair
basically everything you guys pointed out

umm....I like to wear clothes with bright colors such as light yellow and pink because I have dark colored jackets and coats for winter. I think that it is a good idea to add a few bright colors.... I dont like to be very darkish. Also, I love pink-striped shirts for summer and spring!!! What is wrong with men wearing bright color clothes? However, I never wear really pinkish things, one of which was released from dior homme in A/W2005, shirts frilled around the neck..........

What do you girls think of onitsuka tiger sneakers and Nike dunks

onitsuka tiger sneakers and Nike dunks

personally
Mild to Moderate Thumbs Down

Ok what do you consider hot sneakers for guys ? And please no expensive designer sneakers.

The ones you mentioned (well the tiger ones) are not that bad for men's sneakers. I just prefer black matte leather shoes on guys, personally.

But what I would suggest is that you go for the low-tops rather than high-tops with those brands and with darker, less clashing colors (avoid white on your shoes if possible). Shades of brown may be a nice combo if you tend to wear outfits that look good with brown.

classicsportshoes_1861_136602156

Image from "Classic Sport Shoes"

The above sneaker is ok....it certainly doesn't have to be suede though but I think ladies like suede pretty well :smile: Sorry the size of the photo is so big. PS they look a touch cheaply made (the glue between the sole and the rest seems to have leaked out). I would certainly suggest making a point of making sure the pair you buy is a well-made pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
mondo said:
Ok what do you consider hot sneakers for guys ? And please no expensive designer sneakers.

well im no lady, but I think alot of ppl will tell you Convrerse all stars *thumbs up*

i hate the studied, fashion-obsessive look for guys. some girls can pull that off, not guys. it rids them all virility and sex-appeal IMO.

i like well-dressed guys though. nice, simple pair of jeans, vintage t-shirt, brown running shoes (asics, adidas)...

I wish I could pull off Converse All Stars...but since i got flat foot, the flat soles with no arch in the Chuck Taylors would make my feet hurt like hell after walking around long distances all day, which is what I do in my sneakers. They also didn't look that great when I tried em on, which is weird since they're supposed to be the perfect companion to DH jeans. Stan Smiths didn't work out either. :(

i believe i'm the only person on this board who thinks converse all stars look mediocre :flower:

No pastels
It's ok to take care of yourself, but obvious 'metrosexualism' is really off putting.
No cheap cologne
No shiny clothes
No bling

Sunglasses!!
Those kind of tight t-shirts, dunno how to describe them
Suit jacket + jeans
good cologne
metrosexualism, to an extent
no shorts and x-large t-shirts

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads