Hussein Chalayan S/S 10 Paris

this is rather boting but i :heart: the hands

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pieces look boring but others look quite interesting. It's not a collection which I could expect from him.

Insanely boring.....
The hand detail is nice but it just makes me think of CDG a few seasons back.

the 50's could have been an interesting story-board but this looks very literal and quite bland as well.

gius,thank you for mentioning elsa ^_^

edgy michael kors :lol:

The classicism of this collection is breathtaking. I think is good for Chalayan himself chill his techy side. I relate this collection to that Fall/Winter (i don't recall the season) where most of the clothes were plain black and the final dresses seemed having monkeys grabing the model underneath the garments; and the models were laughing (i remember Coco Rocha's grin).
In spite of its visual simplicity I really admire the textures he presented. Chalayan's exporations through feminism really fascinate me. I understand the Michael Kors vibe, but please, you guys were joking, right?

There's something twisted about his resort goers, it's his version of elegance and femininity and a rallying cry against what he feels the industry holds dear, you saw this back at Undercover a few seasons ago as well, something vibrant and animal underneath all the cold slickness.

Extremely disappointing.

I feel like the inspiration could have resulted in a spectacular collection from Chalayan. Screen sirens, aviation, glamor cruises...it all sounds so Galliano, yes, but I am just disappointed we didn't get to see something inspired come out of all of that from Hussein.

In a way, this collection kind of reminds me of his Spring/Summer 2004 collection (and I LOVED that show)...the Hawaiian prints sun dresses, the white shirt dresses, the khaki overalls...a superficially "commercial" collection, but backed up with some really interesting, subversive detailing and some wonderfully thoughtful concepts. This collection lacks that spark that the SS 04 collection had.

I agree with the general consensus...This is beneath what Chalayan's capable of

yeah eeee actually i don't really know what to say (even if i know it won't change anything)...nice ?

This first piece interesting. Also the one at 0:46, the fabric is pretty cool. I wonder what it is.

I find its different then what he usually does.

I am more of a fan of his conceptual work.

Chalayan does Joan Collins on a trip to San Remo and he's the host.
Chilling indeed.
I hope it sells and he comes back next season with some goods.
I miss him!

I absolutely love the white dress on olga, it's beautiful! and the hand makes it exceptional. the whole collection is in fact exceptional and relevant.
this is clothes of a very high standard. beautiful, simple and expressing emotion. bravo!

I actually really like this. It's deffinitely more wearable than what we've grown accustumed to at Chalayan but it doesn't bore me because it's actually still very architectural. Many pieces are very toned-down versions of his usual architectural pieces which look practically solid. This is afterall, ready-to-wear. The hands are not unique, maybe they have been done before, but this is like a fresh take on a good idea, and not just a mimick, I'd say.

margiela has crashed and burned. junya sent us suiting. tao has completely lost its mind. yohji's bringing sexy back. and commes has gone...comic? and in the midst of this, we have one of the most conceptual and heady designers internalizing all of that edginess and that innovation and giving us one of the most stand out collections we've seen in paris. it's ALL about the hands and the hats in this collection. yes, there exist a number of basics here in this show that will surely make the cash register ring somewhere if he can get some buyers on board, but we saw his HAND coming out of those dresses showing us that that rebellious spirit of hussein chalayan LIVES in those clothes and is begging to come out.

i love to see it when great designers grow up and show us something REAL. ppr -- by way of puma -- made a good bet on this man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->