Hussein Chalayan S/S 10 Paris

other than the hands, there is nothing that is necessarily surprising and unexpected and exciting about this.
which is what i love about chalayan.

i'm torned. and surprised in both ways: i'm underwhelmed by the first half (i would THROW most of it away) and the hands are amazing.
and he looks like a funny little man when he salutes!!

15.jpg

catwalking

i love this outfit!!! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a look at everything in movement and must backtrack. I love it when Chalayan goes commericial, you end up with some fantastic clothes.

Looks like an 'edgy' Michael Kors collection, frankly... :ninja:

I do like the way he's done the hands. So bizarre and beautiful all @ the same time. But yeah, these shapes, silhouettes, the fabrication, the overall mood of it all - doesn't feel natural and heartfelt, imo. Feels like nothing more than a pesky, boring obligation on Chalayan's part. I know his work is in the details and it truly pays to witness his pieces in real life, but I'm not even interested to look any further into this, honestly...

What are the designers saying with the use of the hands. Yes it executed by Rei, but also Malandrino as well and then Chalayan.. very interesting to hear..

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the designers saying with the use of the hands. Yes it executed by Rei, but also Malandrino as well and then Chalayan.. very interesting to hear..

i do believe they're commenting on the new fashion-ability of old fashioned workmanship and craftsmanship. women want garments where you can see the hand of the artist so the intellectuals give us that literally.

hahahaha the hands!
i LOVE it. i want them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->