i-D Pre-Fall 2009 : Arlenis, Chanel, Jourdan, Sessilee by Emma Summerton

like it but hate the font of the title, looks straight out of ms paint

Is this the huge moment in fashion Sessilee and Chanel twittered about?
I do quite like the cover but it's nothing special, certainly not groundbreaking.

They probably just thought it was groundbreaking because they are all black and I agree the cover is nothing special at all. I would have preferred it if it were just Jourdan and Sessilee, but why is Arlenis even included?!

I dont see "ghetto" personally, but i think its a superb cover, they all look fantastic, and the background is beautiful.Great cover worth the wait.Thanks for the thread behansu. :flower:

I dont see "ghetto" personally, but i think its a superb cover, they all look fantastic, and the background is beautiful.Great cover worth the wait.Thanks for the thread behansu. :flower:

i don't see anything about it ghetto either :shock:

i won't say ghetto, but it looks very "girls from around the way" to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably just thought it was groundbreaking because they are all black and I agree the cover is nothing special at all. I would have preferred it if it were just Jourdan and Sessilee, but why is Arlenis even included?!

Probably included because they are profiling black models and she's probably the third hottest at the moment. She's also the latest black model to make a significant impact on the modeling world. Why wouldn't they include her?

I love that the cover doesn't feel special or monumental. It's high time that the apperance of black models on the cover of magazines becomes accepted as part of the norm and not some special treat.

i don't like that cover concept... chanel looks really weird, wtf is that expression?!

Oh I love this! I want it on my wall now! :wub::crush: The colours are so beautiful, I love the playful expressions and the makeup.

It's almost a kind of street snapshot of a music group who just left a gig.

I love Jourdan and Arlenis in this best.

Great job by Emma Summerton and her team - it's perfect :flower:

maybe chanel or sesilee or w/e were talking about the content inside, not the cover.

Perhaps it's an all female issue? All female photographers/models/stylists/writers? Is that ground breaking? I don't know :P

i think this kind of look works best for sesilee the rest look like they r playing dress up

I LOVE this!!! I'll be really excited to see this on shelves when it reaches the US.

Also, many people need to obviously look up the definition of "ghetto" or actually visit a ghetto before using that term to describe this. This is far from "ghetto".

I love the eye makeup. Sessilee's expression is amazing! I hate the pink font but overall it's a good cover. :heart:

I like this cover and i like how Chanel and Sessilee are all serious and Jourdan & Arlenis are all playful.:D
Why are folks already moaning about who 'should or shouldn't' be on the cover:unsure: Probably the 4 top black models around right now......I'd imagine it's as simple as that.:D

That's a cool cover, black models playing some ghetto b*tches? We call that Klischée in Germany and I think you know what that means.

Well they look like some damn classy ghetto b*tches to me, and in my opinion that's never the case with real or fabricated ones(yes, Beyonce, you).

I like the cover, the girls look gorgeous.

Is it The Youth Issue? (doubt it is because of cover text) And if it is why all UK magazines decided to make youth issue at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->