I'm not a plastic bag - Anya Hindmarch

i've just gotten some new info about the I'm not a plastic bag tote:

from my blog, http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2007/05/10/anya-hindmarch-im-not-a-plastic-bag-colette/

I’ve just got some good news in from colette…The Anya Hindmarch “I’m Not a Plastic Bag” Tote is back at colette in three brand new colors, green (Japan), blue (US) and grey (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Beijing)! As you all know the UK limited edition brown bags have now completely sold out in the UK. Also, the US limited edition navy blue bags are also closed from the waiting lists. You can try your luck when they stock the bags in Whole Foods in July or stalk the website when it goes live to pre-order one. And if you’re really that stubborn and want the original brown color, Brown Thomas in Ireland and Corso Como in Milan will also be stocking it in July. I want one in every color please, so far I just have the US version!

Before you start calling colette, the bag will be available end of June or beginning of July and will be priced at EURO12 (approx US$17). Good luck!

via nitro:licious

i love that some of these stores are victims of their own sucess. for instance online retailer ronherman.com has 100 bags and is preordering them at 10 am PST this morning. the site has been down for the last 30 minutes and probably will be down for some time because of the massive influx of unique vistors at one time that are trying to place the item in their carts.

serves them right!

^^Were you able to get one? I just wasted an hour of my life as I kept getting an error message when I tried to enter my payment details. Wish they had a one bag per person limit.

im over this whole thing. i thought they were at least organic cotton or something but after learning all about where they're made and all of that, i'll stick to no-name hemp bags, nepalese bags and ones of my own creations.

I'll be a victim of my own cheap labor! :rofl: hahahaha

i kept refreshing and clicking around to no avail, wildeyed.

i hope ronherman lost of a lot of business functionality on their site. i hate hype!

who wants to buy a keychain? :rolleyes:
image from counterfeitchic.com

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 391
Why the heck would anyone buy that keychain?????? That is the funniest thing I've seen in quite awhile.

^ i know 'anything sells' but seriously...that!?!

Well, more on the bag... lol, it's getting really ridiculous. Now there will be a lottery system! If they're so environmentally friendly why not just make more!

How can I buy I’m Not A Plastic Bag in the UK?
The selection process – further information

All those customers who have joined the mailing list before 30th May will have an equal chance of being randomly selected for the opportunity to buy an "I’m Not A Plastic Bag". This process will be overseen by an independent lawyer.

All those that have been successful will be notified on June 20th 2007. Once a person is selected they will receive a unique URL via which they can purchase their bag. This code is non-transferable and will only work in conjunction with the selected email address. Only 1 bag can be purchased per selected customer and bag colour can not be specified. If the bag is not purchased within 7 days the opportunity to buy will be re-allocated.

All those who are registered with anyahindmarch.com but are not successful will receive email notification on 20th June 2007 that they will not be offered the opportunity to buy "I’m Not A Plastic Bag".

We regret that we cannot ship any “I’m Not A Plastic Bags” to Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore or Taiwan.

anyahindmarsh.com

:rofl:these parts are funny.

This process will be overseen by an independent lawyer.

We regret that we cannot ship any “I’m Not A Plastic Bags” to Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore or Taiwan.

seems like they are a bit scared of them being knocked off!

so silly!
i got the email too and i wish someone from anya hindmarch would read this topic!!!
they have been digging their own grave on this subject from the beginning.
first saying that they never expected this much demand and therefore only produced a certain quantity and thats it.... what a cra**y excuse...
anyone with a brain will know that whether you produce for the UK market or are planning some for other markets, its the same productions process so that first explanation is BS

now they are saying to all those who registered and they now have in their database for all their other nonsense, that they will be picked randomly???
why? is it some sort of reward for waiting for a 5£ bag? i must have missed the stage where they planned this to be some sort of competition?
and a lawyer? oh puhlease Anya, get a grip!

Yeah - the lawyer bit is really funny. Are they worried some people might sue them if they don't get the chance to buy a bag or if it comes in the colour they don't particularly like?!!?

My husband thinks the whole hype thing is a load of poo. It's particularly unenvironmentally friendly that these bags are going to be air mailed all round the global to customers. Just think of their carbon foot print!

I saw a lady on my bus yesterday with an 'I'm not an Anya Hindmarch bag' I couldn't believe it lol.

I just got my bag in the mail yesterday! I ordered from A.H. store in LA. It came a week earlier than expected. It totally made my day, I love this bag and went to the grocery store just so I could christen it, lol!

I just got mine in the mail today. I love it. Aside from all of the crazy politics about it, I like it cause it's big and can carry all of my crap and it'll be nice to take the pool/beach.

A friend of mine has this bag, but she still uses tons of plastic bags.:(
Apparently this bag is more like a fashion statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->