InStyle - Worldwide

I thought it would be Alison Williams based on the thumbnail, but pleasantly surprised to see Anna. She looks great here, and I love the image. They've put their own, accessible stamp of the styling. Odd how InStyle can custom style Prada, but Vogue cannot.

I get the feeling UK InStyle is going to bring us six months of amazing cover shots, and then announce that they're stopping the print magazine. What they're doing with their covers is too good, it can't possibly last.

While I commend British InStyle for going ahead with their innovative and daring (and it really is a DARING design) overhaul, I am personally not a fan and don't rate it whatsoever. Hats off, like I said, to the magazine for being brave enough to embrace an entirely different new look - hope it serves them well.

I like the redesign personally, it has ultimately made it look like a digital magazine to me, which I suppose in those days and age probably is no bad thing. I'm always a fan of minimal, considered design and text placement so from a simple aesthetics point of view, I think they're doing great.
I do however think it isn't going to increase sales.

That new look should not have been an option at all. It looks like a page breaker rather than a cover. Where's the glamour?

InStyle never was particularly glamorous, especially not the UK edition. They've made a very deliberate move to fill the gap British's Elle downward spiral has created. A cooler, slightly more off-beat look at contemporary fashion.

Glamour belongs at Harper's and Vogue, in terms of the market they aim for.

InStyle Czech November 2016: Emily Blunt

12422.jpg

soure: burda.cz

InStyle Australia November 2016: Shanina Shaik by David Mandelberg

Yeah, that looks like a party mood. But I suppose there's not much to party about on the last cover of your print edition.

InStyle Czech December 2016-January 2017: Tatana Kucharova

Last issue, Burda Czech closed the magazine and there is no other publishing house interested to buy the license, the same with Czech Maxim.

inst1216.png

source: burda.cz

I am surprised that Hungarian and Polish editions are still holding, they even got the new layout

I am surprised that Hungarian and Polish editions are still holding, they even got the new layout

The polish edition is, in my opinion, in quite good shape. It got sort of a makeover couple of months ago and looks really good. Although, it's not the best fashion magazine in Poland but I haven't heard about any problems with it :smile:

Well, I dont think that sort of styling suits Nicole Scherzinger at all. It's almost like trying to deglam Jennifer Lopez, it won't work.

The fall of British InStyle was clear cut for me, but the rest? For all the editors constantly bleating on and on about sticking with a set formula, how come InStyle Czech and Allure Russia failed then?

InStyle Australia December 2016 : Jessica Marais by Hugh Stewart
Stylist: Lill Jenner

3_A611_DA100000578_0_image_a_1_1479172492466.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

InStyle Brazil - January 2017

Editorial: "Lugar ao Sol"
Photographer: Rodrigo Takeshi
Fashion Editor: Marcela Belleza
Stylist: Carol Piza and Marina Pedroso
Hair/Make Up: Adriana Mantovani
Model: Thais Romão

facebook.com/fordmodelsbr

Instyle UK was inspiring me alot around 2008-2011. I dont buy it recently. I prefer Instyle USA lately for their stylings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->