Interview March 2009 : Mary-Kate Olsen by Craig McDean

Fiercification

Reaction score
I found this on the website, pointing to a March preview, so I assume it's the cover story. She's wearing Balenciaga. It looks like McDean shot it, similar to the ed he shot for US Vogue October 2007 with Stam, Guinevere.

14xe2ae.jpg

On January 20, the United States got a new president, and the billions who were not watching on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., were gathered around television sets and computer screens to witness the changing of command. Mary-Kate Olsen was among the billions watching via satellite. She spent the day cooking in her downtown New York apartment with friends. It was that rare kind of day that suggested we might actually be able to cut through all of the bull**** of the past decade and enter a kinder, less trigger-happy age. But a trip through one of the gossip websites that very evening already revealed a picture of Mary-Kate, dressed in a long black coat and sunglasses, descending from her house with bodyguards, the caption reading, "President of Bohemia Surrounded By Secret Service." So much for kinder and less trigger-happy.

source - http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/mary-kate-olsen/ The whole interview is there with more pictures and video of the shoot

I must say she looks great if still a bit childlike

Wow this shot is amazing! By far one of the best celebrity images I've seen

It is shot by Craig McDean (can the mods change the title please :flower:) and it was styled by Karl Templer.

No wonder it's so wonderful :wink:

I just hope the editorial content will be great as well, like last month Interview seems to be giving great eds to actresses and then models as secondary focus~

ooh im excited about this already! this has the potential to be great!

Love it! I'm glad they didn't do the usual boho-vintage-rocker aesthetic that MK is known for.

I guess this is the last Interview under Fabien Baron, no?

Except with bleached eyebrows and lighter hair - she looks like a Heidi Mount lookalike, no?! :lol: :innocent:

Stuuuning results! I would expect nothing less, of course, but I wonder if Interview will be able to keep it up!

Update: I just saw a quick view of the cover! It is very similar to the picture posted above, but her face is a little bit more hidden! Great shot in my opinion!

^^And I'm in love with your avatar. :wink:

It really is a STUNNING photo. I had to look at it twice, scroll back to really examine her face, see that it wasnt Stam!! :shock: :woot:
I will be getting this.

i almost complained when i heard mary-kate was going to be on the cover, but actually she suits Interview better than lindsay lohan (although lohan's cover was great)... she has those fashion lines with her sister - and now they're launching menswear, and they are some kind of "icons" and have this trendsetter status, etc. so it kind of makes sense... i'm SO glad she isn't doing the duck lips in the preview shot by the way.

oh my god, this is too flawless. i could watch the video shoot over and over again. i've been so impressed with interview recently.

Interview magazine and celebrities quite possibly produce the best covers, imo. Love this shot and I can't wait to see the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->