Interview October 2014 : Jessica Chastain by Craig McDean

I like that it's a full body shot but overall I'm not into these overly noir-ish covers that Interview do from time to time. Editorial is nice but again a bit pedestrian and not exactly anniversary issue material.

September issue was divine, especially compared to the standard of magazines in general today. However with the price hike, I now feel there's absolutely no excuses for the odd filler issue and this cover doesn't scream anything close to eventful for me!

Monochrome images are a great way to make a visual impact, but there's far too much going on in the cover shot. It fails to make the most of what film noir style can offer. I don't need to see the shadows of random electrical wires. It isn't some sort of reflective commentary on how films get made, it's just untidy.

^ It's like McDean tried to make his own take on Helmut Newton, and completely failed!

Guillaume, its about Cronenberg upcoming movie Maps to he stars, coming up in my country 11th december, so shame, he`s one of my fav directors
i'm interested in Sarah Paulson, Mary Boone and Cronenberg (i guess this is for the release of his book), and i wanna see the editorials.

really ???
it's already released as a DVD in France ! and it was not even screened in USA. So you're right... it might be about the movie, but i hope they'll talk about his book too (i'm currently reading it).
I have the book in epub format, if you want it too. I can send it to you.

ps: look at your karmas. i send you a link.

It's quite different for an Interview cover, can't remember the last time they did a full body shot.

I think it was the Florence Welch cover a few years back. What do they have against closeups of redheads? :lol:

Interview doesn't go nuts with retouching, do they? The weirdest thing they did do, was remove Vanessa Paradis' gap in a closeup photo a few years ago... That's like removing Lara Stone's or Lauren Hutton's...

She looks like Lana Del Rey in this kind of styling, hair and make up

She looks like Lana Del Rey in this kind of styling, hair and make up
i was thinking exactly the same! especially the image with arms crossed.

but i don't like this. i prefer her in color and the whole concept is not working for me, it doesn't even feel contemporary. and the crop for the cover is weird...

The first few images of Chastain are a bit dull, she seems uncomfortable or bored?, but the last image of her standing slightly over the camera is refreshing. Empowered.

i really know very little about this woman other than the images ran in magazines but jeezuz give the poor lady the stage!

As much as I appreciate the art of Set Design, with all of the behind the scenes electrical chords, lighting equipment and god knows what else, it simply looks as if Jessica is competing with the props for the viewers full attention. Cut back by 50% on all that clutter, than she would've had a chance to really shine in all that slinky boudoir stuff.

As other members have commented the mood thus far doesn't strike me as very celebratory or Anniversary cover worthy. But then again, i equate Interview's attitude under Fabien Baron and Karl Lindeman, as taking themselves too seriously and coming across as decidedly un-cheeky and morose.

Sarah Paulson
Photographer:
Phil Poynter
Stylist: Vanesas Chow
Make-Up: Christopher Ardoff
Hair: Tomi Kono

interviewmagazine.com

Insta-Gowns
Photographer: Sebastian Mader
Model: Kirstin Liljegren
Stylist: Vanessa Chow
Make-up: Asami Taguchi
Hair: Pasquale Ferrante

clmuk.com

Sarah Paulson
Photographer:
Phil Poynter

:woot: Sarah Paulson!! Yay! Extremely underused. She looks spectacular here.

Thanks for posting Melancholybaby!:flower:

I'm getting really tired of everyone jumping on instagram lately. One: it's been around for a couple years now and two: every other magazine is referencing it these days.

Still no review or more previews. Has this hit newsstands in the US?

The issue just got released and there is only ONE other edit inside.

It features Daria S, Lily D, Edita V, and Anja R in various states of piss-drunk hangover silliness. Each one is dressed in designer threads but "wasted" and passed out in each photo. Edit shot by Fabien Baron.

It's like a typical Saturday night for me!

Thanks... The ed sounds really weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Paulson
Photographer:
Phil Poynter

interviewmagazine.com

Yay! So happy seeing Sarah Paulson here! Thanks for sharing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->